Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jolly Reinstated!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Jolly Reinstated! Reply with quote

Seeing this on Twitter

Is it real? If it's real, do the Packers give him a shot to make the roster, or waive him right away? (IIRC, he is still bound by the tender he signed before being suspended.)

EDIT: Apparently it is real, since all the Packer media folks are reporting it. Good for Mr. Jolly.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I see him with the team during the offseason, and cut on the first round of cuts.

Sig brought to you by Justo
incognito_man wrote:
i forewent football this thursday in lieu of Grey's Anatomy and a bottle of wine
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that TT won't give a guy a second chance - look at Koren Robinson - but you can bet Jolly after a few years of not playing any football is way way out of shape and to assume he can get into shape before September is a serious reach. My guess is TT won't even fool with a guy he has an over 2 million commitment to if they keep him.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him! Hopefully he has gotten away from the crowd that kept getting him mixed up in bad things.

Do the Packers still own his rights being he was suspended? I don't remember him ever being released.

Don't have much expectations for him in the league anymore though, he's 30 and been away from the game for some time, apparently if what his tweet says is accurate he's been good about maintaining his playing weight and strength, if that's true then he may find a place somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
It's not that TT won't give a guy a second chance - look at Koren Robinson - but you can bet Jolly after a few years of not playing any football is way way out of shape and to assume he can get into shape before September is a serious reach. My guess is TT won't even fool with a guy he has an over 2 million commitment to if they keep him.
Doubt he'd require anything more then the minimum right now, he's just going to be looking for a chance and Green Bay is where his "football family" is, I remember how much he seemed affected that he couldn't be in contact and at team facilities when he fell back in and got in trouble the second time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Do the Packers still own his rights being he was suspended? I don't remember him ever being released.

It's my understanding that he's still bound by the tender the Packers extended, and the Packers could not have waived him since you cannot waive a suspended player. They are automatically put on the Reserve/Suspended list.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this is all true, and the Packers give him legit chance to revive his career. The Packers brought guys like Muir, Hargrove, and Merling to camp last year .. they can surely give Jolly a shot.

This guy has paid pretty dearly for his past transgressions, and deserves a chance to get his career back on track. It's going to be tough for him to get back to where he was with all that missed time, but I do wish him the best.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather have Jolly than Jenkins back on the team, TBH.

#FREEBARRINGTON
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to be 1 or 2 years to late. I watched an ESPN special on him, and his depression after he was suspended the second time. He watched the Super Bowl in a room alone and cried the whole time. I know that Rodgers is a huge advocate of his and has said on numerous occasions that we are his family and you cant take away a guys family. I would bet that TT gives him a shot. He is obviously hungry, but hunger can only go so far, need to be in shape. He wouldve had to do a heck of a job these last 3 years working out to be even be close to being in shape, but who knows. Repression can do a lot for a guy. Let's see what happens.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

A guy who hasn't touched a football in three + years, has clear problems, and won't be anywhere near football shape over a proven veteran who can offer something that we don't have on the DL (pass rush)?
justo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
justo wrote:

A guy who hasn't touched a football in three + years, has clear problems, and won't be anywhere near football shape over a proven veteran who can offer something that we don't have on the DL (pass rush)?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5009/year/2010/cullen-jenkins
His stat line in the Super Bowl reflected what the staff thought of him and how much he played in the game. Howard Green got most of the game. IIRC, we didn't even send him an offer when he became a free agent. The talent is better, but I don't want him in the locker room if that stuff was true.

#FREEBARRINGTON
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
The talent is better, but I don't want him in the locker room if that stuff was true.

What are you referring to?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:
The talent is better, but I don't want him in the locker room if that stuff was true.

Wasn't there some issue with Jenkins and the staff? I remember this stuff coming out before the Super Bowl

#FREEBARRINGTON
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:

Wasn't there some issue with Jenkins and the staff? I remember this stuff coming out before the Super Bowl
The only news I remember was the disagreement on Jenkins' injury and his use after returning from it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
justo wrote:

lol you don't even know what you're using as evidence against my claim. Oh no.

My point stands. I don't want someone who hasn't seen the field in three years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: