Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith Possibility?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47254
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
You gotta remember that Gus wants someone who can play LB and DE Mingo can't play DE in the NFL.
Yes he can. He absolutely has the strength to play on the line as is, and his frame is big enough that he could easily put on 15-20 pounds in an NFL conditioning program if he needed to while retaining his speed and maneuverability.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 871
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at his tape against TAMU and Bama he plays a DE and consistently gets stuffed especially against TAMU. I know Brown don't fit the Leo I honestly think we should let Babin do it. I would rather take a risk on Jarvis than taken a risk on Mingo. I might not know how long he is going to play but at least I know what I'm getting while he is playing, a consistent playmaker, the only thing you getting from Mingo is speed.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47254
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
Looked at his tape against TAMU and Bama he plays a DE and consistently gets stuffed especially against TAMU. I know Brown don't fit the Leo I honestly think we should let Babin do it. I would rather take a risk on Jarvis than taken a risk on Mingo.
How can you say he was getting stuffed when he wasn't even rushing the passer?
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20838
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babin and Branch will play the LEO regardless, but it sounds like we still would like another one for now and in the future

Jarvis makes no sense. Why would a rebuilding team use #2 on a prospect who has a degenerative condition?
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 871
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jarvis drop to the second would you take him then? Every year someone falls and no it ain't right but I hope Jarvis do. If they take Mingo they take him but you just can't pass on a potential franchise QB when there is one available especially when its the most important position.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 871
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting to see Caldwell draft.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20838
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#33 =/= #2

If he falls to #33 then I'm inclined to believe that teams think his health is really really risky. In a normal draft, probably worth the risk at #33 but this year, I'm not as certain.

I hate the term franchise quarterback.

If the Jags feel he'd be the #1 QB in this class, which at least the QB Coach feels that way, then no. They won't take a QB at #2.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47254
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
If Jarvis drop to the second would you take him then? Every year someone falls and no it ain't right but I hope Jarvis do. If they take Mingo they take him but you just can't pass on a potential franchise QB when there is one available especially when its the most important position.
If Jones drops that far, he's going to keep dropping. The only reason he drops past teams like Green Bay is if the spinal stenosis is really bad. His talent in the short term is too much for those teams to pass on unless he's a walking liability.

And yes, if Geno is a true franchise QB, there's an incredible case to be made for drafting him. But that depends on what you think about him and what you think about guys like Wilson, Glennon and Barkley. You don't draft RGIII over Justin Blackmon if you know you can get Russell Wilson two rounds later. And you certainly don't draft Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt just because one is a QB and the other isn't.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
dswinton wrote:
If Jarvis drop to the second would you take him then? Every year someone falls and no it ain't right but I hope Jarvis do. If they take Mingo they take him but you just can't pass on a potential franchise QB when there is one available especially when its the most important position.
If Jones drops that far, he's going to keep dropping. The only reason he drops past teams like Green Bay is if the spinal stenosis is really bad. His talent in the short term is too much for those teams to pass on unless he's a walking liability.

And yes, if Geno is a true franchise QB, there's an incredible case to be made for drafting him. But that depends on what you think about him and what you think about guys like Wilson, Glennon and Barkley. You don't draft RGIII over Justin Blackmon if you know you can get Russell Wilson two rounds later. And you certainly don't draft Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt just because one is a QB and the other isn't.
But do you draft Bryan Anger over Wilson??....conundrum
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 47254
Location: Warbortles Nation
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, because I don't want to come off as harping only on the QB side of it, you don't draft Reggie Williams over Ben Roethlisberger because you already have Byron Leftwich.


In the end, if you do your homework, and do it well, you'll fill the roster out, whether you end up taking a QB #2 overall or if you take one in the third round two years later.
_________________

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Also, because I don't want to come off as harping only on the QB side of it, you don't draft Reggie Williams over Ben Roethlisberger because you already have Byron Leftwich.


In the end, if you do your homework, and do it well, you'll fill the roster out, whether you end up taking a QB #2 overall or if you take one in the third round two years later.
The thing is I'm so used too not trusting the front office, I'm predisposed too just assume that we're going too screw up the draft. Who can blame me Our front office has been a joke since Coughlin left.


I know it might sound silly but it just hit me now that we might have a GM and Coach who are worth giving the benefit of the doubt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KhanYouDigIt


Joined: 03 Jan 2012
Posts: 4750
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching this right now because, well, i'm bored.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs


GENOCIDE
_________________


TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sadjag


Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
I'm watching this right now because, well, i'm bored.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTZZh4cKfXs


GENOCIDE
I know alot of us are split over him but I still see the prospect that everyone was so excited about at the beginning of the season. WVU had 3 good players last year Smith, Bailey and Austin. I don't understand why the team losing games make Geno less of a prospect.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dswinton


Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 871
Location: Northside Duval
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you throw 42 tds to just 6 ints you are not the reason why your team is losing.
_________________


"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 22950
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:
When you throw 42 tds to just 6 ints you are not the reason why your team is losing.

Who said otherwise?
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 7 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group