Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kaepernick Shuns Limelight to Hit the Gym
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antwanh5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Moss declared Kaeps arm > Jeff George. Probably inaccurate, but speaks to the strength he already has.

He also declared himself better than Rice, so... he can't really be taken that seriously, now, can he?

Actually, Through the same amount of games in their careers you'd be surprised that Randy's number are better than Rice's. I was shocked myself when I saw it.

Anyway to the topic. I saw Colin and Ricardo a few weeks ago. Dude has like 2% body fat. Hell both of them do.

Don't start that here.

y2, copy and paste one of your long posts.

Wait, what?

We don't want another Rice v. Moss debate.

I didn't start anything. Rudyz is the one who said something. I just said I was shocked with how close the numbers were. He's the one who started saying something.

It's like me having an argument with my Wife and I bring up my Brother and then when she brings up my Brother I say "leave my brother out of this."
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Watched that Crabtree interview... would have been much more appropriate for Crabtree to say he got more targets due to an already built in chemistry from #11 to #85.. and that other WR injuries added to Crabtree's targets.

... but no biggie. Crabtree never was a very good interview.

Crabs never liked Alex. You could always see it lol.
That Alex camp at sjsu, when somebody asked something about your qb. He said who's our qb, I didn't know we had one. Then they said Alex. And he said oh I didn't know he was but if you say so, okay Laughing

yeah, unfortunately this was the case. lol.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antwanh5 wrote:
neezy007 wrote:
antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Moss declared Kaeps arm > Jeff George. Probably inaccurate, but speaks to the strength he already has.

He also declared himself better than Rice, so... he can't really be taken that seriously, now, can he?

Actually, Through the same amount of games in their careers you'd be surprised that Randy's number are better than Rice's. I was shocked myself when I saw it.

Anyway to the topic. I saw Colin and Ricardo a few weeks ago. Dude has like 2% body fat. Hell both of them do.

Don't start that here.

y2, copy and paste one of your long posts.

Wait, what?

We don't want another Rice v. Moss debate.

I didn't start anything. Rudyz is the one who said something. I just said I was shocked with how close the numbers were. He's the one who started saying something.

It's like me having an argument with my Wife and I bring up my Brother and then when she brings up my Brother I say "leave my brother out of this."

I know I brought up, Jerry Rice, and I wasn't warning you not to discuss it. I was just warning you that the last time someone brought up a statistical comparison of Rice vs Moss, y2 completely annihilated him. I said "Don't start that" in a playful manner, knowing fully well such an argument on a 49ers forum will never win.

So, I brought up Jerry/Randy to discredit what Randy says, and then I brought up y2's legendary long post about Randy vs Jerry to dissuade anyone to use anything Randy says as a valid point in the argument. It looks weak because I haven't provided a link to that legendary post, but it exists, and I'm lazy. To summarize everything: Randy claims to be the best of all time. Most people agree he isn't. Some people use stats to back him up. y2 used stats to shatter that assessment. In the end, Randy using his mouth doesn't directly equate to undeniable truth. Just my way of saying I don't care about what Randy Moss ever has to say, even if it happened to be true, which is, in the end, irrelevant.

Okay... so much for summarizing...

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I just had to put my two cents in but Moss was more "gifted" than Rice but Rice was just wanted it more than everyone else. IMO, Moss could have been so much better if he was more driven like Rice.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Watched that Crabtree interview... would have been much more appropriate for Crabtree to say he got more targets due to an already built in chemistry from #11 to #85.. and that other WR injuries added to Crabtree's targets.

That Alex camp at sjsu, when somebody asked something about your qb. He said who's our qb, I didn't know we had one. Then they said Alex. And he said oh I didn't know he was but if you say so, okay Laughing

eh... I think your perception of that conversation is an interpretation that could be off. One could say that Crabtree was taking more of a dig at Mike Singletary's late season QB carousel. I don't think you have that dialogue verbatim quite right (underlined).

As to the relationship between 11 + 15.. I think they were "okay" with each other. If you recall, 11 to 85 really started picking up steam.. and Crabtree really started appearing content and plugged in.

But yeah... Crabtree has a much better liking for Ck7... which is fine. It is true that Alex wouldn't throw to him if he didn't feel he had a real good chance at making the play... and that's fine too. That's something that many WRs get irritated with.. as right or wrong, they always want the passes coming their way and always feel like they will make a play.. even if the % of completion isn't what they expected.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I'll put this here:

Michael Crabtree said he felt Colin Kaepernick trusted him more than Alex Smith.
In 10.5 games with Kaepernick (including playoffs), Crabtree averaged 5.9 catches for 88.6 yards and scored eight touchdowns. In 8.5 games with Smith, he was at 5.0 catches for 54.0 yards with four touchdowns. "Playing wide receiver, you need a quarterback who trusts you," Crabtree said. "I feel like he trusted me."

roto

Laughing

Crabs really started to take off after Manningham and Williams went down. It was basically Crabs and Walker in the 2nd half of the season, with none of Ginn/Moss/Jenkins looking like a good #2 option, and Vernon disappearing the 2nd half of the year (really started to disappear after the Vikings game in week 3, with a break in the Bills and Bears games).

Kaep's first 3 starts, as an example (Bears, Saints, Rams)

Manningham- 12 catches, 151 yards (got injured in Rams game)

Crabtree- 13 catches, 158 yards

Davis- 8 catches, 98 yards (most in the Bears game)

Walker- 5 catches, 97 yards

To Crabs credit, he really took that next step in the 2nd half of the year/playoffs. But i think Manningham was close to breaking out too. That would have been a solid 1-2 duo i think.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

eh... I think your perception of that conversation is an interpretation that could be off. One could say that Crabtree was taking more of a dig at Mike Singletary's late season QB carousel. I don't think you have that dialogue verbatim quite right (underlined).

To be fair, I do believe Alex was technically a FA at that point, and the only QB on our roster was the infamous David Carr. That is, if I'm thinking of the right offseason.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

To be fair, I do believe Alex was technically a FA at that point, and the only QB on our roster was the infamous David Carr. That is, if I'm thinking of the right offseason.

I think I could be off myself, but I think that conversation happened right around the time that Alex had a verbal agreement with us and was just about to or running Camp Alex. Too lazy to check.. and I guess it matters not at all. Bottom line for me, is it is just as easy to translate Crabtree's actual words used back then "who is the QB?" as a smirking jab at the QB carousel that Singletary pulled late in the 2010 season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

I think I could be off myself, but I think that conversation happened right around the time that Alex had a verbal agreement with us and was just about to or running Camp Alex. Too lazy to check.. and I guess it matters not at all. Bottom line for me, is it is just as easy to translate Crabtree's actual words used back then "who is the QB?" as a smirking jab at the QB carousel that Singletary pulled late in the 2010 season.

Alex was given the playbook by Harbaugh during the draft, while there was a small window open to talk to players. He only signed his contract on July 29th. So yeah, during Camp Alex, Alex wasn't technically a niner.

I don't think Crab was ever a big fan of Alex, and while he wasn't saying anything that wasn't true by saying "who is the QB?", it does seem like a disguised shot at Alex as much as the management/Sing, if not more to the former than the latter. While it was truth, I still think it wasn't the best thing to say. You'd like players to support the organization they're contractually obligated to a bit more. Crabtree has shown support only when we were winning and he was catching passes. But I guess you can't hope to build a team with 53 unselfish players. You need a few guys with a bigger ego too.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabtree was getting plenty of targets in the game Smith got hurt in, but he definitely got more opportunities with Kaepernick. Like Crabtree said last year, even if a CB has good coverage, give me a chance to make a play. Smith would go to Crabtree when he was wide open, while Kaepernick allowed him to make plays even in tight coverages.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Just my way of saying I don't care about what Randy Moss ever has to say.

That's nice.

Keep saying JR is the GOAT and you're also implying Montana/.Young weren't all that great.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

That's nice.

Keep saying JR is the GOAT and you're also implying Montana/.Young weren't all that great.

Rolling Eyes

Every time you open your mouth you prove your ignorance. Montana won 2 super bowls before Rice ever got here. Try again.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
The-Catch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

That's nice.

And by that logic, Randy Moss wasn't all that great, he got to play with THREE HOFs whereas Jerry ONLY got to play with JUST TWO.

Laughing

If you were wondering about Randy's HOF QBs. Tom Brady and Brett Favre are the trivial ones, you may have heard of them before... maybe?? And of course the obvious one being....

Wink
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Crabtree was getting plenty of targets in the game Smith got hurt in, but he definitely got more opportunities with Kaepernick. Like Crabtree said last year, even if a CB has good coverage, give me a chance to make a play. Smith would go to Crabtree when he was wide open, while Kaepernick allowed him to make plays even in tight coverages.

Nail on the head here.

It's nbd anyway, I don't think Crabs was taking a shot at Alex, just saying that he didn't feel that Alex trusted him. Many were saying that Alex didn't seem to trust how WR's anyway, Crabtree obviously felt that way when Alex was at the helm. We got to see what happens when you just sling the ball to Crabs, and the man has been a YAC monster when he gets his opportunities.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot being made of this whole Crabs and Alex thing. Most QB's have a favorite target and for Alex it was VD. Thats understandable b\c he has spent the most time with VD. Kaep seems to favor Crabs as evident by the drop off of targeting VD. Its just preference in regards to who they feel comfortable with. Alex threw to a covered Davis and trusted him to come up with the catch and Kaep felt the same way about Crabs. Notice how Vernon started to complain about touches once the change was made? Well no that Kaep is at the helm, notice how Crabtree is talking about how he didnt get his touches before the change?

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: