Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kaepernick Shuns Limelight to Hit the Gym
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Moss declared Kaeps arm > Jeff George. Probably inaccurate, but speaks to the strength he already has.

He also declared himself better than Rice, so... he can't really be taken that seriously, now, can he?

WIN. Kaep does have a rocket though, I really want to see his deep passing game improve a bit. His intermediate accuracy is awesome, but I'd like to see AJ catching a pass over his shoulder 40 yards down field this coming year a couple times.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
iwentundrafted

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Moss declared Kaeps arm > Jeff George. Probably inaccurate, but speaks to the strength he already has.

He also declared himself better than Rice, so... he can't really be taken that seriously, now, can he?

WIN. Kaep does have a rocket though, I really want to see his deep passing game improve a bit. His intermediate accuracy is awesome, but I'd like to see AJ catching a pass over his shoulder 40 yards down field this coming year a couple times.

I just wanna see AJ catch a pass period Confused

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Actually, Through the same amount of games in their careers you'd be surprised that Randy's number are better than Rice's. I was shocked myself when I saw it.

Anyway to the topic. I saw Colin and Ricardo a few weeks ago. Dude has like 2% body fat. Hell both of them do.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Actually, Through the same amount of games in their careers you'd be surprised that Randy's number are better than Rice's. I was shocked myself when I saw it.

Anyway to the topic. I saw Colin and Ricardo a few weeks ago. Dude has like 2% body fat. Hell both of them do.

Don't start that here.

y2, copy and paste one of your long posts.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
antwanh5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Don't start that here.

Wait, what?
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
antwanh5 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:

Don't start that here.

Wait, what?

We don't want another Rice v. Moss debate.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than tell RudyZ to not start one.

rudyZ wrote:
Don't start that here.

That is an odd statement to make considering you are the one who began the comparison.

rudyZ wrote:
He also declared himself better than Rice, so...

Though I suppose it isn't surprising that you completely ignored his fairly accurate and (for your argument) inconvenient response to a state you yourself made, I agree it is best to leave it as.

You are the only person bringing up Jerry Rice & getting the thread off track. Don't get upset when someone responds to one of your posts on the very subject you posted about. If you do not want a Moss vs. Rice debate, don't start one.

I think we can all agree that Randy Moss is fairly experienced with quarterbacks, so regardless of what he says about his place on the all time list, he is a credible source on this subject. Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Dante Culpepper all had some of the strongest arms of recent memory. Moss (basically) putting Kaepernick in their league speaks volumes to where his arm strength is at.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Than tell RudyZ to not start one.

rudyZ wrote:
Don't start that here.

That is an odd statement to make considering you are the one who began the comparison.

rudyZ wrote:
He also declared himself better than Rice, so...

Though I suppose it isn't surprising that you completely ignored his fairly accurate and (for your argument) inconvenient response to a state you yourself made, I agree it is best to leave it as.

You are the only person bringing up Jerry Rice & getting the thread off track. Don't get upset when someone responds to one of your posts on the very subject you posted about. If you do not want a Moss vs. Rice debate, don't start one.

I think we can all agree that Randy Moss is fairly experienced with quarterbacks, so regardless of what he says about his place on the all time list, he is a credible source on this subject. Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Dante Culpepper all had some of the strongest arms of recent memory. Moss (basically) putting Kaepernick in their league speaks volumes to where his arm strength is at.

Nothing no one ever says in terms of comparison is ever that credible. The real honest universal truth is that you can't truly compare two things as complex and diversified as two human beings. You can compare two bacteria. There are much fewer parameters to compare. But comparing human beings from different times is pointless. We didn't need Randy Moss to enlighten us as to how strong Kaepernick's arm. It's obvious to anyone.

The Moss vs Rice thing has already been done here. I was referring to that discussion, which you, NBT, was a part of, and was in the opinion of most fairly won by one of y2's legendary long posts, to which you didn't have much of a rebuttal. So, I was in fact directing my statement directly at you, urging you to remember than in one prior occasion, your extremely biased opinion of Randy Moss was defeated in a logical argument, therefore, your current extreme bias of Randy Moss should be met with equal incredulity. To me, and many, whatever comes out of Randy Moss' mouth carries just about the same weight as whatever comes out of Jim Harbaugh's mouth. It's just wind. They say things to either draw attention (Randy Moss) or draw attention away (Harbaugh, away from his players).

In the end, Moss may be right about Kap's arm strength. Whether he's right or not, it remains irrelevant, because 1) We can't really know for sure, and 2) His words carry only as much credibility as you're willing to give him. In the case of this particular forum, you'll sadly find that to be probably lower than the average.

On the other hand (literally), one thing Moss did that speaks louder than his words, regarding Kap's arm strength: during the first game Kap played, he broke one of Moss' fingers. Now THAT says something. His mouth... not so much.

P.S. I would link to y2's Moss/Rice post to support my point if I could find it. Somehow, I imagine y2 bookmarks his best posts, because he just knows he'll use them again.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put this here:

Michael Crabtree said he felt Colin Kaepernick trusted him more than Alex Smith.
In 10.5 games with Kaepernick (including playoffs), Crabtree averaged 5.9 catches for 88.6 yards and scored eight touchdowns. In 8.5 games with Smith, he was at 5.0 catches for 54.0 yards with four touchdowns. "Playing wide receiver, you need a quarterback who trusts you," Crabtree said. "I feel like he trusted me."

roto

Laughing

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I'll put this here:

Michael Crabtree said he felt Colin Kaepernick trusted him more than Alex Smith.
In 10.5 games with Kaepernick (including playoffs), Crabtree averaged 5.9 catches for 88.6 yards and scored eight touchdowns. In 8.5 games with Smith, he was at 5.0 catches for 54.0 yards with four touchdowns. "Playing wide receiver, you need a quarterback who trusts you," Crabtree said. "I feel like he trusted me."

roto

Laughing

That's nice, but it came at the expense of others. He was as much of a safety blanket for Kap as Gore and VD have been for Alex. While Crabtree saw a significant increase in production, Vd became inexistant and we ran for 30 fewer yards per game (which is a concern, considering how well Kap can run). Let's hope we get a lot more of our playoff offense over the next regular season.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I'll put this here:

roto

Laughing

That's nice, but it came at the expense of others. He was as much of a safety blanket for Kap as Gore and VD have been for Alex. While Crabtree saw a significant increase in production, Vd became inexistant and we ran for 30 fewer yards per game (which is a concern, considering how well Kap can run). Let's hope we get a lot more of our playoff offense over the next regular season.

I think Kaep will have a better grasp of the offense being the full time starter going into camp. hopefully he'll get down the audibles and time management down too. i think he did a good job at making calls at the line but just had a rough time managing the clock.

If the last few games are a sign of things to come, Kaep and VD should have no problems in the the passing game. I am very excite to see how things will go this season.

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I'll put this here:

roto

Laughing

I think Kaep will have a better grasp of the offense being the full time starter going into camp. hopefully he'll get down the audibles and time management down too. i think he did a good job at making calls at the line but just had a rough time managing the clock.

If the last few games are a sign of things to come, Kaep and VD should have no problems in the the passing game. I am very excite to see how things will go this season.

Harbaugh has had a tendency to raise our expectations in the playoffs, just to tune it down at the start of the following season. I remember saying how I thought VD would break out and have a huge year, seeing how well he seemed to step up in the playoffs, and he had a slow start again in the regular season. I guess we'll do the same thing we did the last two years: start the season leaning heavily on the running game, and open things up more in the playoffs. I wouldn't be mad, really. If we can win playing conservatively, and Kap finishes the year with good but not out-of-this-world stats, it will make it easier for us to sign him to a good deal. Once that contract is signed, unleash the beast.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
I'll put this here:

roto

Laughing

Harbaugh has had a tendency to raise our expectations in the playoffs, just to tune it down at the start of the following season. I remember saying how I thought VD would break out and have a huge year, seeing how well he seemed to step up in the playoffs, and he had a slow start again in the regular season. I guess we'll do the same thing we did the last two years: start the season leaning heavily on the running game, and open things up more in the playoffs. I wouldn't be mad, really. If we can win playing conservatively, and Kap finishes the year with good but not out-of-this-world stats, it will make it easier for us to sign him to a good deal. Once that contract is signed, unleash the beast.

Evil or Very Mad sigh why must you remind me...

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched that Crabtree interview... would have been much more appropriate for Crabtree to say he got more targets due to an already built in chemistry from #11 to #85.. and that other WR injuries added to Crabtree's targets.

... but no biggie. Crabtree never was a very good interview.

___
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Watched that Crabtree interview... would have been much more appropriate for Crabtree to say he got more targets due to an already built in chemistry from #11 to #85.. and that other WR injuries added to Crabtree's targets.

... but no biggie. Crabtree never was a very good interview.

Crabs never liked Alex. You could always see it lol.
That Alex camp at sjsu, when somebody asked something about your qb. He said who's our qb, I didn't know we had one. Then they said Alex. And he said oh I didn't know he was but if you say so, okay Laughing

new sig... sorry alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: