Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kaepernick Shuns Limelight to Hit the Gym
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yahtzee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Kaepernick Shuns Limelight to Hit the Gym Reply with quote

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/18/5197640/49ers-qb-a-hot-commodity.html

Quote:

SANTA CLARA – There was an invitation to the Grammys and one to be a special correspondent at the Oscars.

In fact, that's where Kaepernick is now. Rather than pressing the flesh with Anne Hathaway and Denzel Washington on the red carpet in Hollywood, Kaepernick is busting his tail alongside little-known college players on the green grass at CES Performance, a training facility in Atlanta.

Looks like a winner to me.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ good. Read that he had a strong work ethic.

___
oldman9er

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has cautioned Colin Kaepernick not to get "too jacked-up."

Kaepernick has spent the entire offseason in the gym. "If you're just talking about weightlifting and upper-body strength, yes, I think there is that fear," Harbaugh said. "It's something we've talked about. 'I don't want you getting too jacked-up, Colin.' I want some speed, quickness, not just (flexing chest his muscles)." It says a lot about Kaepernick's future that getting too strong is his coach's fear. Kaepernick could be on the precipice of a colossal fantasy campaign.

roto

___
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing. If he came in looking like the hulk that might not be the greatest thing. He is pretty big anyways. I didn't really notice it till a friend pointed it out. He said he is probably the most visibly built looking QB he has seen.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. If he came in looking like the hulk that might not be the greatest thing. He is pretty big anyways. I didn't really notice it till a friend pointed it out. He said he is probably the most visibly built looking QB he has seen.

He's not body-builder jacked up, but he already had a pretty imposing physique for a QB. I'd want him to keep what he has and work on agility and flexibility to keep improve his quickness and minimize the chance of injury.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vernon Davis said the same thing on First Take a month ago Laughing . He said I love that he has a great work ethic, but Kaepernick needs to take it easy as he keeps breaking our fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

His upper torso and arms don't need it. I'd rather him work more on those long chicken-legs. I don't want them to snap.

___
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

read that like a month ago. he went to another award show, i think it was the kids one? he looked like he had fun. saw pics of him and the gymnist Wink

new sig... sorry alex
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
^

His upper torso and arms don't need it. I'd rather him work more on those long chicken-legs. I don't want them to snap.

I have been saying this from the start. The upper-body is fine, but his legs look like Big bird.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has cautioned Colin Kaepernick not to get "too jacked-up."

Kaepernick has spent the entire offseason in the gym. "If you're just talking about weightlifting and upper-body strength, yes, I think there is that fear," Harbaugh said. "It's something we've talked about. 'I don't want you getting too jacked-up, Colin.' I want some speed, quickness, not just (flexing chest his muscles)." It says a lot about Kaepernick's future that getting too strong is his coach's fear. Kaepernick could be on the precipice of a colossal fantasy campaign.

roto

Colin: "lolno"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't lie though fellas,

It would be awesome to have Kap run around the edge and "Pieface" richard sherman into the ground and keep going.

It's Hard
It's rough
and it doesn take crap off anyone
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:

roto

Colin: "lolno"

his arms do look bigger now work on that lower body please Smile

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
read that like a month ago. he went to another award show, i think it was the kids one? he looked like he had fun. saw pics of him and the gymnist Wink

I think it was a video games award show.

EDIT: Was the Cartoon Network Hall Of Game awards. Not surprising especially if you follow Kyle Kaepernick on twitter.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss declared Kaeps arm > Jeff George. Probably inaccurate, but speaks to the strength he already has.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Moss declared Kaeps arm > Jeff George. Probably inaccurate, but speaks to the strength he already has.

He also declared himself better than Rice, so... he can't really be taken that seriously, now, can he?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: