Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Ok, maybe not a complete comparision (it was early in Oz, I am blaming that), but we have meet with Scott at least twice, and i dont think it is a curteousy to the local schools.

Where there is smoke....

Scott is an intriguing guy. I might have to do a write up on him. Outside of some bad decisions, his games against USC and Stanford and the bowl game against Nevada were pretty good. His arm is a lot better than I thought it would be. And he's got that leadership and toughness about him that Arians values a lot. He's a much less polished and raw Russell Wilson in that way. His decision making was poor at times which could just be because it was his first full year starting. And he's got streaky accuracy and mechanics. I don't think he's ready to contribute year 1 but he's definitely a nice project player.

The biggest thing that separated Wilson was his intelligence and his ability to fit into a new environment seamlessly. One of the most impressive p[arts of Wilson was his ability to play baseball for a period of time, then enroll at Wisconsin, pick up the playbook quickly, start at QB and quickly become a leader and captain of that team.

Scott did not start much at Arizona, just 17 games so he is still learning his craft as a passer of the football. He was not the full time starter until his final year, and that was mainly because of schematic fit with the RichRod offense.

It is going to be interesting to see how he fits in the draft, but he is going to be regarded higher because of the move towards mobile Quarterbacks that the league is beginning to take; He is not Russell Wilson, he is not going to set the NFL alight early. I do like the comparison that Rob Rang makes to Seneca Wallace.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw they interviewed with Scott also, be an interesting idea.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: