Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Geno is there at #7, I honestly think we'll take him.

But the hard reality of the situation is, Jacksonville, Oakland, and Cleveland could all use a QB in their own right.

In Jacksonville, they sound committed to giving Blaine Gabbert another chance this year. He has shown some improvement statistically over his first two seasons, but from all accounts, he has to earn that starting QB job in camp. They also have more pressing needs, since they have been unable to generate a pass rush and I believe they could use help at guard.

Oakland has to make a decision on Palmer, and Palmer has to make a decision on Oakland. Unless the two sides reach an agreement on a likely pay cut, Palmer could find himself shopping around his services (which I feel indifferent about whether he could fit here or not). Pryor, while he may be their "intended" QB of the future, has yet to show that he can be. Oakland also needs help in other areas and could emerge with someone like Shariff Floyd.

Cleveland sounds committed to Weeden, but new regime could mean a new QB.

Again, if Geno is there at #7.. I'd expect us to take him UNLESS Kolb has restructured.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Arizona Tom wrote:
i hope he's there, but i don't really see him getting past both oakland and jacksonville. geno would do us wonders, though.

I think if he he gets past JAX, but OAK worries me.

He'll fall to #7 unless someone behind us trades up. He's a reach for Jacksonville and one of their coaches said he'd be the best QB in this draft. Oakland has Pryor.

What is your point on Pryor?

He's their QBOTF.

Really?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellepryor/2531332/profile
SUPERBOWL........

He's being groomed he has the size and athleticism. I don't know if he'll turn out but they sure as hell want him to and aren't going to give up on him just yet

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
If you even look in the Raiders forum they believe that Pryor is being groomed to be the starting QB. I don't think the Raiders are going to take him

And the other half of the forum think that those that want to stick with Pryor are insane. He is nothing but a gimmick backup right now. They are not going to be building plans around Pryor going forward, Reggie McKenzie is far too smart as a football man to make a huge mistake like that.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I would field my question here. I was wondering who the Cards might look at assuming either they don't like Geno or he isn't available when they pick? Would Kolb be the organizations 1st choice or would they look towards a FA QB/trade?

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Brady or Rodgers etc are first choice.

Kevin is probably 2nd atm, with a rookie as close 3rd.

Which rookie is up to debate, Geno, Wilson, EJ etc, everyone has a favourite
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
love2theOLINE wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
Arizona Tom wrote:
i hope he's there, but i don't really see him getting past both oakland and jacksonville. geno would do us wonders, though.

I think if he he gets past JAX, but OAK worries me.

He'll fall to #7 unless someone behind us trades up. He's a reach for Jacksonville and one of their coaches said he'd be the best QB in this draft. Oakland has Pryor.

What is your point on Pryor?

He's their QBOTF.

Really?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellepryor/2531332/profile
SUPERBOWL........

He's being groomed he has the size and athleticism. I don't know if he'll turn out but they sure as hell want him to and aren't going to give up on him just yet

Like Skelton was being groomed????????

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meril Hoge on Smith
http://arizonasports.com/62/1615845/Hoge-says-aint-no-way-Cards-draft-Geno-Smith

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this is just making my belief stronger. ANYTHING that comes out in the media this time is year has more chance of being wrong than it does of being right.

If he is there at seven I doubt we pass.

On Hoge - He is an idiot; What he should have said, if I was running the Cardinals "Ain't no way I would take Smith". Because that is what he is saying, he has no inside information, he is not quoting sources it is his opinion.

love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
All this is just making my belief stronger. ANYTHING that comes out in the media this time is year has more chance of being wrong than it does of being right.

If he is there at seven I doubt we pass.

On Hoge - He is an idiot; What he should have said, if I was running the Cardinals "Ain't no way I would take Smith". Because that is what he is saying, he has no inside information, he is not quoting sources it is his opinion.

Hoge goes scouting and game film.

Said with two years ago and I will say it again. This QB class sucks, don't need to draft if not needed. If Kolb is gone and it is between Stanton and Lindley then take Smith at #7. But we don't have to if Kolb is restructured, grab Glennon or Barkley at 38.

iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name that seems to be going along with Cardinals is Matt Scott from Arizona. Projected 3rd round or better.. maybe we pass on Smith..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott is just Max Hall with a smiggen more height

I like him but might as well stick with Kolb, unless they think he is Russell Wilson 2013.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

I like him but might as well stick with Kolb, unless they think he is Russell Wilson 2013.

Not really. Scott is the best athlete at the position available in this draft, he is also pretty raw as a passer with just one year starting in college. That is about the opposite of Hall who was physically inferior but made up for it with polish, superior intellect and experience. Oh and "moxie".

Scott is not someone you are going to draft and put your franchise on, he is a guy who you are going to draft and look to refine and project into an NFL starter.

Looking at the fact that there were rumors of a Joe Webb trade, now reported interest in Matt Scott, it could be Arians is looking to get onto the mobile QB bandwagon.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

Scott is Max Hall is more height, more speed, and a stronger arm. You can't really make that comparison with that much of a difference.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, maybe not a complete comparision (it was early in Oz, I am blaming that), but we have meet with Scott at least twice, and i dont think it is a curteousy to the local schools.

Where there is smoke....
apollo14000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Ok, maybe not a complete comparision (it was early in Oz, I am blaming that), but we have meet with Scott at least twice, and i dont think it is a curteousy to the local schools.

Where there is smoke....

Scott is an intriguing guy. I might have to do a write up on him. Outside of some bad decisions, his games against USC and Stanford and the bowl game against Nevada were pretty good. His arm is a lot better than I thought it would be. And he's got that leadership and toughness about him that Arians values a lot. He's a much less polished and raw Russell Wilson in that way. His decision making was poor at times which could just be because it was his first full year starting. And he's got streaky accuracy and mechanics. I don't think he's ready to contribute year 1 but he's definitely a nice project player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: