Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vontae Davis let it slip that Chiefs tampering with Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Two of the worst kept secrets ever:

1) Tampering is rampant in the NFL
2) Vontae Davis is two cards short of a full deck

If KC or anyone wants to pay Sean Smith his asking price they are taking a huge risk and deserve him. At the same time, I think he is one of the better free agent options at CB available.

The bigger thing that I am watching is how the Chiefs do from here forward. As many are sure to remember, I've been calling for Jeff Ireland to be fired for a long time. I WANTED to replace him with John Dorsey, who worked with the Packers for a long time. I thought he would be an exceptional match for the Dolphins. Sadly, we are still holding tight to Ireland. I will be watching KC closely as they make off season moves. I bet they get better, much better, soon.

Any GM that would essentially give up essentially a first and second rd pick for Alex Smith is not someone I would advocate for.

We shall see. Over the last couple of seasons in San Fran, Smith's record was 20-6-1 and he clearly had improved in several key categories. He also was empowered by Harbaugh and allowed to lead. If they can retain Dwayne Bowe, and get Jamal Charles on top of his game, the offense under Andy Reid, may get going. Dorsey may look like a genius soon enough.

As for the compensation, the 3rd round pick may be conditional according to the early reports. Either way, KC kept their 1st rounder, got their QB, and it doesn't look like there were very many better options out there. Waiting and hoping that Barkley was going to be there at the top of the 2nd was a stretch and then they would have been left with nothing.

On a side note, I believe this is the 5th starting QB the Chiefs have plucked from the 49ers. Montana, Bono, Grbac, Deberg, and now Smith. Are the 49ers the farm system for the Chiefs?
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chiefs surprisingly enough have some real good pieces already I mean 6 pro bowlers for a team with the first pick lol
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
The chiefs surprisingly enough have some real good pieces already I mean 6 pro bowlers for a team with the first pick lol

True, they did have 6, but one was an alternate and another was the punter. Meaning they had 4 guys in the probowl. Not shabby, but they did suck as bad as any team last year. Reid and Dorsey have their work cut out in KC. I've long thought Andy Reid got a lot out of the talent he has had. I also really like Dorsey as a new GM. I think we'll see a turn around in KC within 3 years. That would be my guess.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

True, they did have 6, but one was an alternate and another was the punter. Meaning they had 4 guys in the probowl. Not shabby, but they did suck as bad as any team last year. Reid and Dorsey have their work cut out in KC. I've long thought Andy Reid got a lot out of the talent he has had. I also really like Dorsey as a new GM. I think we'll see a turn around in KC within 3 years. That would be my guess.

They may, but I doubt it....they will be looking for a new QB soon as the only way Alex Smith functions well is in an offense where he doesn't have to be the one winning games. The defense gave up almost 27 points per game which means that offense is going to need to score...

While all a team needs is a couple of good drafts and some solid free agent signings it will be all for naught as long as they are going with another team's expendable QB....welcome to KC Matt Cass---I mean Alex Smith.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised there hasn't been more about this after smith actually went to KC

AIM/Steam/XBL: ChosenOne3188
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had signed at 4:01 PM on Tuesday, it'd be an issue. He sat on the market for 3 days. No longer in an issue IMO

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Judson49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
If he had signed at 4:01 PM on Tuesday, it'd be an issue. He sat on the market for 3 days. No longer in an issue IMO

Do you not think it was curious that several teams were reported as being interested in him yet, as far as I am aware, he made no visits?

I believe it was Merc who suggested the deal was probably done last week (as reported by the guy who hacked Vontae's twitter, poor Vontae) & Smith laid low for couple of days to throw off the tampering claims. Wouldn't shock me at all.

Regardless, the worst thing that could happen would be a long drawn out complaint, that would mean I would still have to be aware of Sean Smith's existence. He's KC's problem now.
pope137

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They give us their 1st round pick and I'll call it even . Also they tampered. End of story smith was on mystery visits and stuff we all knew where he was going the cheifs just laid low about it for a few days Laughing
SUG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:
They give us their 1st round pick and I'll call it even . Also they tampered. End of story smith was on mystery visits and stuff we all knew where he was going the cheifs just laid low about it for a few days Laughing

Busted ! Shocked

sug
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Two of the worst kept secrets ever:

1) Tampering is rampant in the NFL
2) Vontae Davis is two cards short of a full deck

If KC or anyone wants to pay Sean Smith his asking price they are taking a huge risk and deserve him. At the same time, I think he is one of the better free agent options at CB available.

The bigger thing that I am watching is how the Chiefs do from here forward. As many are sure to remember, I've been calling for Jeff Ireland to be fired for a long time. I WANTED to replace him with John Dorsey, who worked with the Packers for a long time. I thought he would be an exceptional match for the Dolphins. Sadly, we are still holding tight to Ireland. I will be watching KC closely as they make off season moves. I bet they get better, much better, soon.

Any GM that would essentially give up essentially a first and second rd pick for Alex Smith is not someone I would advocate for.

We shall see. Over the last couple of seasons in San Fran, Smith's record was 20-6-1 and he clearly had improved in several key categories. He also was empowered by Harbaugh and allowed to lead. If they can retain Dwayne Bowe, and get Jamal Charles on top of his game, the offense under Andy Reid, may get going. Dorsey may look like a genius soon enough.

As for the compensation, the 3rd round pick may be conditional according to the early reports. Either way, KC kept their 1st rounder, got their QB, and it doesn't look like there were very many better options out there. Waiting and hoping that Barkley was going to be there at the top of the 2nd was a stretch and then they would have been left with nothing.

On a side note, I believe this is the 5th starting QB the Chiefs have plucked from the 49ers. Montana, Bono, Grbac, Deberg, and now Smith. Are the 49ers the farm system for the Chiefs?

You do realize the more Alex Smith threw the ball the worst he got, right? He excelled in games he threw the ball like 21 times. Andy Reid throws the ball 21 times in a half. I believe Alex Smith will put up decent numbers. It is hard not to in Reid's scheme but that gave up way too much for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: