Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vontae Davis let it slip that Chiefs tampering with Dolphins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Vontae Davis let it slip that Chiefs tampering with Dolphins Reply with quote

Quote:
I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said he talking to KC him & B Flowers will makes a good Duo

http://twitter.com/VontaeDavis23/statuses/306836054764298240

Vontae Davis is dumb, no way around that.

Davis tweeted that he talked to soon to be Dolphins free-agent CB Sean Smith [and former teammate] and that Smith told him he is already talking to an NFL team prior to his contract expiring, that is without question tampering... the same thing the Chiefs accused [and won] the Lions of doing a couple of years ago.
Tom Brady Tribute
Deets

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Vontae Davis let it slip that Chiefs tampering with Dolp Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said he talking to KC him & B Flowers will makes a good Duo

Davis tweeted that he talked to soon to be Dolphins free-agent CB Sean Smith [and former teammate] and that Smith told him he is already talking to an NFL team prior to his contract expiring, that is without question tampering... the same thing the Chiefs accused [and won] the Lions of doing a couple of years ago.

Glad to see dumb is benefiting us now instead of the other way around.

FF Member #67
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vontae Davis let it slip that Chiefs tampering with Dolp Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:

Glad to see dumb is benefiting us now instead of the other way around.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. This is going to be interesting!

Vontae has never been the sharpest tool in the shed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am I not surprised. Vontae Vontae
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I hate to say "I said so" but ...
Thats one big reason he is no longer in Mia, he's dumber than a hammer in
a paper bag.

As I suspected all along, VD is strictly a "man to man" cover CB.
You can forget about him reading in any kind of variation like Zone.

sug
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of the worst kept secrets ever:

1) Tampering is rampant in the NFL
2) Vontae Davis is two cards short of a full deck

If KC or anyone wants to pay Sean Smith his asking price they are taking a huge risk and deserve him. At the same time, I think he is one of the better free agent options at CB available.

The bigger thing that I am watching is how the Chiefs do from here forward. As many are sure to remember, I've been calling for Jeff Ireland to be fired for a long time. I WANTED to replace him with John Dorsey, who worked with the Packers for a long time. I thought he would be an exceptional match for the Dolphins. Sadly, we are still holding tight to Ireland. I will be watching KC closely as they make off season moves. I bet they get better, much better, soon.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vontae call your grandmother!

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lol He panicked, tried to help... not the best idea but I appreciate it RT @PaulCauchi @SeanSMITH24 he said his twitter got hacked

http://twitter.com/SeanSMITH24/statuses/306858403697946624
Tom Brady Tribute
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

If KC or anyone wants to pay Sean Smith his asking price they are taking a huge risk and deserve him. At the same time, I think he is one of the better free agent options at CB available.

The bigger thing that I am watching is how the Chiefs do from here forward. As many are sure to remember, I've been calling for Jeff Ireland to be fired for a long time. I WANTED to replace him with John Dorsey, who worked with the Packers for a long time. I thought he would be an exceptional match for the Dolphins. Sadly, we are still holding tight to Ireland. I will be watching KC closely as they make off season moves. I bet they get better, much better, soon.

So true Merc

1) My cousin who works for an NFC team let me know this a few years back that agents start the bidding process early and the contract just needs to be signed by the start of the official free agency period.

2) Vontae has a full deck, its just that the Jokers were left in when the pack was opened.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:

2) Vontae has a full deck, its just that the Jokers were left in when the pack was opened.

HA! I'm stealing this!! I will credit you when I use it!! Laughing
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

Any GM that would essentially give up essentially a first and second rd pick for Alex Smith is not someone I would advocate for.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Any GM that would essentially give up essentially a first and second rd pick for Alex Smith is not someone I would advocate for.
Man I thought we had it bad using other teams retread QBS KC takes the cake and 99 percent are from the 49ers deberg,bono,montana.grbac,cassel being the exception now smith.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck lets let Smith pack his bags so he can get some good Bar b-q in KC. cause I dont see Miami paying him that crazy money.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like nothing will come of this.....

1. Tampering is very difficult to prove.

2. There is no evidence that Sean Smith was actually talking to the Chiefs

3. Vontae is not a valid source of information for anything

If the Tampering were actually true it could have landed a the Dolphins some compensation in the form of draft picks, but we know this organization is never that lucky.

I do like the fact that Davis had his account hacked...we all know that the first thing we would post if we manage to get control of a professional athlete's twitter/facebook/instagram is to try to implicate another player in shady dealings with another team. Really Vontae, some hacked your account and that is what they posted....."come on man". All this did was show that perhaps Ireland actually made a good move in removing this player from the team....while he is a great athlete and flashes great play, we continue to get more information that shows why he is so inconsistent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: