Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J'Marcus Webb arrested..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Marijuana, who cares.

My guess is 50% of the Bears smoke marijuana recreationally.
The NFL unfortunately, a conviction would result in a 4 game suspension for violation of the NFLs substance abuse policy.
This is a Nothing Burger. 2 grams of weed. Webb would not be subject to any NFL penalty since it is a first offense. $500 bail is not much more than a traffic offense.

The guys on espn radio were talking about this while expressing confusion as to why Kromer appears to like Webb. Media people fall in love with myth and just repeat what they hear all the others say.
In the old days you are correct, however since the year after Goddell became Commish, any violation of the league's substance abuse policy is an automatic 4 game suspension first offense, year 2nd offense, indefinite suspension 3rd offense.
You know more about it than Jerko and Harry who claim otherwise. Your version sounds more like the approach the current NFL would take.

Except that his version is not true. Yes, players who test positive for PEDs get 4 game suspensions, but players arrested on drug charges have pretty consistently been suspended one game - unless there were multiple arrests or a history of arrests.

All of its a moot point because the charges were dropped, but it is in no way true that getting busted for pot is a automatic four game suspension.

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Marijuana, who cares.

My guess is 50% of the Bears smoke marijuana recreationally.
The NFL unfortunately, a conviction would result in a 4 game suspension for violation of the NFLs substance abuse policy.
This is a Nothing Burger. 2 grams of weed. Webb would not be subject to any NFL penalty since it is a first offense. $500 bail is not much more than a traffic offense.

The guys on espn radio were talking about this while expressing confusion as to why Kromer appears to like Webb. Media people fall in love with myth and just repeat what they hear all the others say.
In the old days you are correct, however since the year after Goddell became Commish, any violation of the league's substance abuse policy is an automatic 4 game suspension first offense, year 2nd offense, indefinite suspension 3rd offense.
You know more about it than Jerko and Harry who claim otherwise. Your version sounds more like the approach the current NFL would take.

Except that his version is not true. Yes, players who test positive for PEDs get 4 game suspensions, but players arrested on drug charges have pretty consistently been suspended one game - unless there were multiple arrests or a history of arrests.

All of its a moot point because the charges were dropped, but it is in no way true that getting busted for pot is a automatic four game suspension.
Well, they were claiming there was nothing but drug ed facing the first offender.

It is stupid and moot.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

It blows my mind how these guys get their cars searched for speeding.

In Canada they give you a ticket, 11 over the wont pull you over, and you drive away.

The officer needs probable cause to search a vehicle. The extremely quick dismissal of the charges makes me think that the cop did not have sufficient probable cause but searched the vehicle anyway. Just a guess.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

It blows my mind how these guys get their cars searched for speeding.

In Canada they give you a ticket, 11 over the wont pull you over, and you drive away.

The officer needs probable cause to search a vehicle. The extremely quick dismissal of the charges makes me think that the cop did not have sufficient probable cause but searched the vehicle anyway. Just a guess.

Where does it say his car was searched? Could have just smelled it, or (and I REALLY hope this isn't the case) seen it out in the open - the weed or the paraphernalia.

They may have dropped the charge because of a violation of due process, or they just didn't want to deal with the crap storm of reporters and bloggers calling them over just 2.5 grams of weed.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

Where does it say his car was searched? Could have just smelled it, or (and I REALLY hope this isn't the case) seen it out in the open - the weed or the paraphernalia.

They may have dropped the charge because of a violation of due process, or they just didn't want to deal with the crap storm of reporters and bloggers calling them over just 2.5 grams of weed.

Well, if it was out in the open, that means Webb was probably smoking while speeding, which is a different deal. I don't think that the cop could have been able to smell it if it was tucked away and hadn't been smoked in the car. Maybe J'Marcus had smoked up in the car previously, and the cop asked him about the smell and Webb voluntarily handed over the stash.

That also sounds plausible; that the amount of weed was deemed not enough to bother with going forward, but not because they were afraid of backlash because he plays for the Bears. I don't think Pulaski County cares what bloggers are going to write about. Smile
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

I understand where you're coming from. As a fellow Canadian myself I'm dumbfounded on how serious they take marijuana possession as a crime in the US. Here in Canada if you get caught with a little weed the cops will just confiscate it and let you be on your way...as it should be. This isn't crack cocaine or heroin here.

With all that being said though J'Marcus still kind of dropped the ball having that kind of paraphernalia in his car when he decided to speed and make himself a huge target for police. As a professional athlete he has to understand he can't be putting himself in these positions and understand the consequences of breaking the law. Seriously though, I'm not going to blame him for smoking a little weed in the off season. I've heard tons of stories from actual player sources who have played/play in the NFL that say weed smoking is prevalent among NFL players. Not a big shock here for something pretty harmless.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

I understand where you're coming from. As a fellow Canadian myself I'm dumbfounded on how serious they take marijuana possession as a crime in the US. Here in Canada if you get caught with a little weed the cops will just confiscate it and let you be on your way...as it should be. This isn't crack cocaine or heroin here.

With all that being said though J'Marcus still kind of dropped the ball having that kind of paraphernalia in his car when he decided to speed and make himself a huge target for police. As a professional athlete he has to understand he can't be putting himself in these positions and understand the consequences of breaking the law. Seriously though, I'm not going to blame him for smoking a little weed in the off season. I've heard tons of stories from actual player sources who have played/play in the NFL that say weed smoking is prevalent among NFL players. Not a big shock here for something pretty harmless.
I know a guy how murdered 3 people while driving high. He killed a young engaged couple and there unborn child. Some people (like that family) think it's a big deal.
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

I know a guy how murdered 3 people while driving high. He killed a young engaged couple and there unborn child. Some people (like that family) think it's a big deal.

Sorry to hear that. I wasn't advocating that is was ok for Webb to be smoking weed and driving high. I'm saying that I don't think it's bad for him to be smoking a little weed on his leisure time in the offseason.

I'm aware that him driving high would mean he was driving under the influence which is a punishable offense and something I absolutely don't find ok by any means. But we don't know to be the case with Webb here. All we know is that he was stopped for speeding and having weed paraphernalia on him; and the charges were dropped which is all you need to know.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

Sorry to hear that. I wasn't advocating that is was ok for Webb to be smoking weed and driving high. I'm saying that I don't think it's bad for him to be smoking a little weed on his leisure time in the offseason.

I'm aware that him driving high would mean he was driving under the influence which is a punishable offense and something I absolutely don't find ok by any means. But we don't know to be the case with Webb here. All we know is that he was stopped for speeding and having weed paraphernalia on him; and the charges were dropped which is all you need to know.
Its the fact that people need to follow rules. Obviously what I stated was a worst case scenario. The laws are to prevent the worst case scenario.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

Murder is quite specific and I doubt that anyone has been convicted of murder after driving high. One high on marijuana is likely to drive slower and be unlikely to speed unlike one on cocaine.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

Murder is quite specific and I doubt that anyone has been convicted of murder after driving high. One high on marijuana is likely to drive slower and be unlikely to speed unlike one on cocaine.
3 counts of manslaughter. That's an assumption. Weed doesn't prevent your from pushing a pedal.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

I would make an extremely strong suggestion you don't question this, since its clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

3 counts of manslaughter. That's an assumption. Weed doesn't prevent your from pushing a pedal.
No it does not but it is less likely than if you are on coke. I would also wager that this person was drinking as well. In most cases where a crime is committed after smoking weed booze is involved.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

I would make an extremely strong suggestion you don't question this, since its clear you have no idea what you are talking about.
You can take your "extremely strong suggestion" and put it where it might be of use. My guess is I know much more about weed and what is considered "murder" than you.

It might be best if these cases were charged as "murder" but the fact is they are not for several reasons.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
It's weed, who cares.

No it does not but it is less likely than if you are on coke. I would also wager that this person was drinking as well. In most cases where a crime is committed after smoking weed booze is involved.
You're assumption is wrong.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: