Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated 2013 NFL Mock Draft with at Least 2 Players per Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Robbroy45


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Posts: 3145
Location: SUNY Fredonia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
23. MIN Vikings: --- Sharrif Floyd

Tavon Austin is not the type of WR we are looking for.
On the contrary, Tavon Wilson very well could be just the right wide receiver Minnesota is looking for. After all, Percy Harvin can't put together a full season on the field. Not to mention the other negatives about Percy the person. He has created numerous off-field distractions for the team that has created a likelihood of him being moved if not this year, than almost certainly next. There are the migrane issues that seem to haunt him from time to time. Additionally, Percy Harvin the player has taken a lot more hits in his lifetime between college and the NFL than Tavon Wilson ever has and probably will have to take well into his career; longevity is an enormous factor. Lastly, Austin offers a similar type of skill set to Harvin but superior speed, change of direction, and route discipline IMO. With all of these traits, Minnesota can transition from the Percy Harvin era to one of a Tavon Austin era within a years time without compromising the Vikings playoff aspirations. Defend that.


Gladly...first, it's not Tavon Wilson, it's Tavon Austin. Second, the Vikings don't need to take a replacement for Percy Harvin, they already have a potential replacement in Jarius Wright on the roster, and over the last 4(?) games, Wright looked more than capable of being an solid receiver capable of taking Harvin's spot. Also, the Vikings do not need a slot receiver, which is exactly what Austin in. Either Harvin or Wright are best suited in the slot, so either way they need a big receiver who can stretch the field. With that, Shariff Floyd is the best pick, he fills a need and provides great value.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mlucas12002


Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 597
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cute considering Cleveland has no 2nd round pick...try doing a little research.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Mock Draft with at Least 2 Players per Team Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
BP wrote:
Alright, after another morning in bed (sick with a Type C influenza, nothing major) and more careful consideration, here is what I feel is a mock draft substantially more indicative of the way things will go come April 25th:

1. KC Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, Left Tackle, Texas A&M [Additional Move(s): Acquire Quarterback Alex Smith from San Francisco 49ers via trade]

2. JAC Jaguars: Chance Warmack, Left Guard, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jarvis Jones, Outside Linebacker, Georgia with second round pick; Acquire Quarterback Ryan Mallett via trade with New England Patriots in exchange for 2013 third & fourth round picks]

3. OAK Raiders: DeMarcus Millner, Cornerback, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Defensive Tackle Desmond Bryant]

4. PHI Eagles: Lane Johnson, Left Tackle, Oklahoma [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jonathan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State with second round pick]

5. **BUF Bills: Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia [Additional Move(s): Acquire Alec Ogletree, Linebacker, Georgia with second round pick]

6. CLE Brown: Barkevious Mingo, Outside Linebacker, Louisiana State (LSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Matt Barkley, Quarterback, USC with second round pick]

7. ARI Cardinals: Eric Fisher, Left Tackle, Central Michigan [Additional Move(s): Acquire Tyler Bray, Quarterback, Tennessee with second round pick]

8. **DET Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, Defensive End, Brigham & Young (BYU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Tony Jefferson, Free Safety, Oklahoma with second round pick; (Acquired BUF Bills 2014 second round pick in addition to their 2013 third round pick)]

9. NY Jets: Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver, Tennessee [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Offensive Guards Brandon Moore & Matt Slausen]

10. TEN Titans: Jonathan Cooper, Left Guard/Center, North Carolina [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jesse Williams, Defensive Nose Tackle, Alabama with second round pick]

11. SD Chargers: Bjoern Werner, Defensive End, Florida State (FSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Cornerback Sean Smith from Miami Dolphins]

12. MIA Dolphins: Justin Hunter, Wide Receiver, Tennessee [Additional Move(s): Acquire Eddy Lacy, Runningback, Alabama with second round pick]

13. TB Buccaneers: Xavier Rhodes, Cornerback, FSU [Additional Move(s): Acquire D.J. Fluker, Offensive Right Tackle, Alabama with second round pick]

14. CAR Panthers: Star Lotuelei, Defensive Tackle, Utah [Additional Move(s): Acquire Dallas Thomas, Offensive Tackle & Guard Prospect, Tennessee with second round pick]

15. NO Saints: Datone Jones, Defensive Tackle, UCLA [Additional Move(s): Acquire Logan Ryan, Cornerback, Texas with second round pick]

16. STL Rams: Sheldon Richardson, Defensive Under Tackle, Missouri [Additional Move(s): Acquire D.J. Swearinger, Free Safety, South Carolina with second round pick]

17. PIT Steelers: Kawaan Short, Defensive Tackle, Purdue [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Cornerback Keenan Lewis]

18. DAL Cowboys: Kenneth Vaccaro, Free Safety, Texas [Additional Move(s): Acquire Malliciah Goodman, Defensive Under Tackle & Defensive End Prospect, Clemson with second round draft pick]

19. NY Giants: Dion Jordan, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Oregon [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Linebacker Daryl Smith from Jacksonville Jaguars]

20. CHI Bears: Tyler Eifert, Tight End, Notre Dame [Additional Move(s): Acquire Kevin Minter, Middle Linebacker, LSU with second round pick]

21. CIN Bengals: Manti Te'O, Middle Linebacker, Notre Dame [Additional Move(s): Acquire Quinton Patton, Wide Receiver, Louisiana Tech with second round pick]

22. STL Rams: Zach Ertz, Tight End, Stanford [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Runningback Michael Turner from Atlanta Falcons]

WAS Redskins Second Round [Originally Owned Pick #22]: Jamar Taylor, Cornerback, Boise State

23. MIN Vikings: Tavon Wilson, Wide Receiver, West Virginia (WSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Desmond Trufant, Cornerback, Washington with second round pick]

24. IND Colts: Sharrif Floyd, Defensive Nose Tackle, Florida [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Safety Kenny Phillips from New York Giants]

25. SEA Seahawks: Keenan Allen, Wide Receiver, California (CAL) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Cornellius Carradine, Defensive End, Florida State with second round pick]

26. GB Packers: Jonathan Hankins, Defensive Nose Tackle, Ohio State [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Wide Receiver Greg Jennings]

27. HOU Texans: Tyler Wilson, Quarterback, Arkansas [Additional Move(s): Acquire Brandon Williams, Defensive Nose Tackle, Missouri Southern State with second round pick]

28. DEN Broncos: Sylvester Williams, Under Tackle, North Carolina (UNC) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Travis Frederick, Offensive Center & Guard Prospect, Wisconsin with second round pick]

29. NE Patriots: Larry Warford, Right Guard, Kentucky [Additional Move(s): Acquire DeAndre Hopkins, Wide Receiver, Clemson with second round pick; Acquire Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Cornerback, UConn with third round pick & T.J. McDonald, Strong Safety, USC with fourth round pick acquired via trade with Jacksonville Jaguars]

30. ATL Falcons: Damontrae Moore, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Texas A&M [Additional Move(s): Acquire Marcus Lattimore, Runningback, South Carolina with second round pick]

31. SF 49ers: Matthew Elam, Strong Safety, Florida [Additional Move(s): Acquire Travis Kelce, Tight End, Cincinnati with second round pick]

32. BAL Ravens: Darius Slay, Cornerback, Mississippi State [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jonathan Cyprien, Safety, Florida International]


I stopped reading at Warmack going 2nd overall. He's not going that high.
Well thank you very much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
BP wrote:
n the contrary, Tavon Wilson very well could be just the right wide receiver Minnesota is looking for.


1. It's Tavon Austin.

Quote:

After all, Percy Harvin can't put together a full season on the field. Not to mention the other negatives about Percy the person. He has created numerous off-field distractions for the team that has created a likelihood of him being moved if not this year, than almost certainly next. There are the migrane issues that seem to haunt him from time to time. Additionally, Percy Harvin the player has taken a lot more hits in his lifetime between college and the NFL than Tavon Wilson ever has and probably will have to take well into his career; longevity is an enormous factor. Lastly, Austin offers a similar type of skill set to Harvin but superior speed, change of direction, and route discipline IMO.


2. All of this is completely irrelevant because even IF Harvin is moved, Minnesota already has his replacement on the roster in Jarius Wright.

Minnesota will NOT draft another slot receiver regardless of what happens to Harvin.

Quote:
With all of these traits, Minnesota can transition from the Percy Harvin era to one of a Tavon Austin era within a years time without compromising the Vikings playoff aspirations. Defend that.


Minnesota was a playoff team despite Harvin missing the final 9 games of the season. I'd say that they've already transitioned away from the "Percy Harvin era." If they go with a WR in the first 2 rounds (and they should), Minnesota will be drafting a big, outside receiver that can blow the top off of a defense (like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, or Da'Rick Rogers) - NOT a small, slot receiver that does 90% of his catching around the line of scrimmage.
You're right, that guy is the guy that is going to help carry the Vikings offense to the 'ship.

For Christ sake, Christian Ponder can't even get the ball to the outside!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillsGuy82


Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 9350
Location: Niagara Falls
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading up for Geno Smith and getting Alec Ogletree in round 2 is all good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
AQuintus


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 1316
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
You're right, that guy is the guy that is going to help carry the Vikings offense to the 'ship.

For Christ sake, Christian Ponder can't even get the ball to the outside!


So the solution is to draft a guy that won't ever get off the bench in the 1st round? Is Tavon "Wilson" such a great cheerleader that he can do that for us?

Or maybe the best way to win the Superbowl is by playing Harvin and Austin together and allowing the opposing defense to play 11 guys in the box since the only WRs on the field can't get open and catch the ball more than 5 yards down the field?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4081
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the Moore pick for the Falcons. I still think he's a Top-10 player in the draft, and will probably go in the top half of the draft, but wouldn't complain at all with seeing him drop to 30.

However, there's just too much risk with Lattimore. 4th or 5 round, sure, but no way in the 2nd. He could be an All-Pro, but he also may never see the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlucas12002 wrote:
Really cute considering Cleveland has no 2nd round pick...try doing a little research.
The people here have attitudes haha. I like it! Not. Seriously, what's wedge up there buddy? I'm only dishing the harshness back. Did I forget to look up the CLEVELAND BROWNS second draft picks? Yeah, that's literally the only team I did that to, probably because it's the Cleveland Browns and they're the biggest joke in the NFL. Mike Holmgren couldn't turn them around. If it makes you sleep any better at night, I did research the coaches the Browns hired and read up on their histories as well as their tendencies with their former offenses. I saw Norv Turner as offensive coordinator on the official website and that was news to me, admittedly. So, seeing as how the Browns absolutely blew last year and are picking inside the top 10 for the eighth time since joining the NFL in '99, (and finished below .500 for the twelfth time in fourteen seasons, only finishing one and two games over .500 the other two season; pathetic)... og where was I, oh yeah, since the Browns finished 5-11 in 2012, I just assumed they kept their second round picks since they're so valuable but essentially meaningless since no one goes to Cleveland to succeed. Excuse me for not knowing that one team out of the NFL doesn't have their second round pick, and I generously give them in my mock draft Matt Barkley. Hey! A position of need! A guy who comes from USC, a team that runs a semi-pro-ready offense! Norv Turner was that coach on the West Coast for the Chargers, it's not like he wouldn't have some insight into the hyped quarterback who played for the biggest sports university in Cali. Matt Barkley was great at throwing the sidelines, that's what was the best part of his game in college! Not the hurry-up, not the reading defenses, not the leadership, not the short-to-intermediate throws, it was always the pretty deep play 12-30+ yards downfield. But hey, I don't do my research on your Browns, I don't know what I'm talking about so its a moot point anyways. I apologize for offending you with my brass responses to other people who get on me with little to no substance to their post until I have to drag it out of them and then their biggest selling point is that I accidentally spelled a guys name wrong. Advice: Stop making this place whack.

Last edited by BP on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
BP wrote:
You're right, that guy is the guy that is going to help carry the Vikings offense to the 'ship.

For Christ sake, Christian Ponder can't even get the ball to the outside!


So the solution is to draft a guy that won't ever get off the bench in the 1st round? Is Tavon "Wilson" such a great cheerleader that he can do that for us?

Or maybe the best way to win the Superbowl is by playing Harvin and Austin together and allowing the opposing defense to play 11 guys in the box since the only WRs on the field can't get open and catch the ball more than 5 yards down the field?
Why are you already bent over on limiting Austin and Harvin to merely slot guys? Is DeSean Jackson someone who only goes over the middle? Nah, he never does because what he has is speed, agility, and he knows where to run between defenders deep downfield. You're already convinced without giving Tavon Austin a chance to play a single down in the NFL that part of his special skill set at West Virginia won't translate whatsoever at any point in time to the Vikings in the NFL? I think you're blind, ignorant, or both. And if the Vikings do draft Austin in the first at #23? Will you revolt and turn in your fan-ship and swear up and down that management has know clue what they'er doing in their jobs and you sitting bitter at home do? Clue us all in if that's the case. Or will you be the guy that turns everything around and likes the pick until proven completely wrong? Look, I know Troy Williamson left a scar in the minds of many Minnesotans, but Austin isn't the same guy; he's just as nimble and much more of safe bet to succeed moving forward than Williamson was. Correct me because I didn't do the research on that one, I just remember the guy so I might have got his name wrong. I know you're good for that. Wink

Like I said, that offense with Harvin and Austin and Peterson and Rudolph and all of those other threats CAN work. It's not like you don't have other players already over six feet tall who've produced over multiple years in the NFL. Austin could be the right piece to compliment that offense and advance it forward in a new dynamic that the team has never explored. Change is constant, change is good, change is necessary, change is inevitable, and change in this situation could mean the Vikings adding an almost one of a kind offense in terms of options and flexibility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
I'd take Sharrif Floyd in a heartbeat. Saints don't have a second round pick.
Forgot it was taken from them. My b. So there you have it bitter Browns fan... I didn't know the second of the four teams that is without a second round pick in this years draft. Want to ask me the third? It's the Colts who I remembered traded away their second to Miami to acquire cornerback Vontae Davis. The fourth without a second round pick being the Oakland Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Nobody


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 465
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. OAK Raiders: DeMarcus Millner, Cornerback, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Defensive Tackle Desmond Bryant]


Yay for Bryant. Boo for Milliner.

Grabbing a scheme diverse edge rusher or offensive lineman would be much better for a rebuilding team.

Milliner just isn't a top 3 talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BP


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 2323
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, I guess I just don't see how in this years draft class, DeMarcus Millner isn't worthy of consideration for a top 3 pick. First of all, the Raiders are near depleted at corner. They've got a sound core of secondary guys like Michael Huff, but there's no solid presence in the group outside of him. Dee Millner instantly adds talent where talent is needed. On top of pedigree, aggressiveness in run support, and generally sound technique in coverage, Millner is a full six feet tall, cut athlete in good shape, weighs anywhere from 185 to 205 pounds during the season although currently 201, and his clocked times in the 40 yard dash (4.37), shuttle (4.32), and cones (6.95) are ELITE by ELITE cornerbacks in the NFL standards! He has a 36 inch vertical leap with an impressive ten foot and two inch broad jump, (better than all but a few of the wide outs tested at this years combine who're likely to actually play at some point in the NFL and against Millner -- in total there were 18 offensive players who had better jumps, the rest were primarily in the secondary as well but I digress...), and he wears long arms, (32 inches apiece), without a problem. Now tell me that with all of those things added up, and the lack of top five worthy picks outside of Dee Millner, that Millner isn't very possibly one this years top 3 picks. I don't think anyone can. Millner, unlike everyone save for Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson and maybe Chance Warmack, has a knock against them ranging from heart condition, throwing accuracy, hand-eye concentration, college production, underwhelming physical traits, shoulder surgery, questionable character and effort, you name it, almost every single one of the top prospects this year has something that prevents them from being a "traditional" consensus top three or five talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9795
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put it this way i don't hate the guys the falcons got at all.

Moore i would be thrilled with for the falcons IFFFFF not for Jarvis Jones being available to us. Jones to the Falcons is a no brainer if if he falls to us. He can be a 3-4 olb or a 4-3 DE in our hybrid scheme that Nolan runs. Then you add in the fact that talent wise no one in the draft outside of maybe 2 or 3 people are in his area. Then you add in that he is a UGA alumni and the majority of falcon fans are even bigger dog fans (im a fsu fan ) so that means tons of jersey sales and merchandise sales plus more fans coming to the dome which will make blank very happy.

He is just a home run in every way possible for the Falcons if he falls to us which truthfully we all know he has no chance of doing anyways Wink

As for the Lattimore pick i would be happy to take lattimore at RB in the 4th round maybe even the 3rd. But 2nd round i just can't see it happening as no team will be willing to gamble that much after his injury i don't think with that many top tier talents still available.


I would even be willing to trade down from the 2nd to early 3rd while grabbing a 4th or 5th and taking him as him + 1 more guy is worth that 2nd round pick to me.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BrownsDog23


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Posts: 455
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
mlucas12002 wrote:
Really cute considering Cleveland has no 2nd round pick...try doing a little research.
The people here have attitudes haha. I like it! Not. Seriously, what's wedge up there buddy? I'm only dishing the harshness back. Did I forget to look up the CLEVELAND BROWNS second draft picks? Yeah, that's literally the only team I did that to, probably because it's the Cleveland Browns and they're the biggest joke in the NFL. Mike Holmgren couldn't turn them around. If it makes you sleep any better at night, I did research the coaches the Browns hired and read up on their histories as well as their tendencies with their former offenses. I saw Norv Turner as offensive coordinator on the official website and that was news to me, admittedly. So, seeing as how the Browns absolutely blew last year and are picking inside the top 10 for the eighth time since joining the NFL in '99, (and finished below .500 for the twelfth time in fourteen seasons, only finishing one and two games over .500 the other two season; pathetic)... og where was I, oh yeah, since the Browns finished 5-11 in 2012, I just assumed they kept their second round picks since they're so valuable but essentially meaningless since no one goes to Cleveland to succeed. Excuse me for not knowing that one team out of the NFL doesn't have their second round pick, and I generously give them in my mock draft Matt Barkley. Hey! A position of need! A guy who comes from USC, a team that runs a semi-pro-ready offense! Norv Turner was that coach on the West Coast for the Chargers, it's not like he wouldn't have some insight into the hyped quarterback who played for the biggest sports university in Cali. Matt Barkley was great at throwing the sidelines, that's what was the best part of his game in college! Not the hurry-up, not the reading defenses, not the leadership, not the short-to-intermediate throws, it was always the pretty deep play 12-30+ yards downfield. But hey, I don't do my research on your Browns, I don't know what I'm talking about so its a moot point anyways. I apologize for offending you with my brass responses to other people who get on me with little to no substance to their post until I have to drag it out of them and then their biggest selling point is that I accidentally spelled a guys name wrong. Advice: Stop making this place whack.
Why do a mock if you going to get [inappropriate/removed] when someone critiques it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Joe Nobody


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 465
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
I mean, I guess I just don't see how in this years draft class, DeMarcus Millner isn't worthy of consideration for a top 3 pick. First of all, the Raiders are near depleted at corner. They've got a sound core of secondary guys like Michael Huff, but there's no solid presence in the group outside of him. Dee Millner instantly adds talent where talent is needed. On top of pedigree, aggressiveness in run support, and generally sound technique in coverage, Millner is a full six feet tall, cut athlete in good shape, weighs anywhere from 185 to 205 pounds during the season although currently 201, and his clocked times in the 40 yard dash (4.37), shuttle (4.32), and cones (6.95) are ELITE by ELITE cornerbacks in the NFL standards! He has a 36 inch vertical leap with an impressive ten foot and two inch broad jump, (better than all but a few of the wide outs tested at this years combine who're likely to actually play at some point in the NFL and against Millner -- in total there were 18 offensive players who had better jumps, the rest were primarily in the secondary as well but I digress...), and he wears long arms, (32 inches apiece), without a problem. Now tell me that with all of those things added up, and the lack of top five worthy picks outside of Dee Millner, that Millner isn't very possibly one this years top 3 picks. I don't think anyone can. Millner, unlike everyone save for Luke Joeckel, Lane Johnson and maybe Chance Warmack, has a knock against them ranging from heart condition, throwing accuracy, hand-eye concentration, college production, underwhelming physical traits, shoulder surgery, questionable character and effort, you name it, almost every single one of the top prospects this year has something that prevents them from being a "traditional" consensus top three or five talent.


Milliner is good, but doesn't appear to have elite potential. I haven't seen anyone of any repute pimping him as a guy who is likely to develop into one of the league's better corners. Drafting him 3rd overall in this draft or any other is a stretch.

Combine numbers are pretty, but they're also fool's gold if they lead you to move a guy way up your board.

Yes, Oakland's CB depth chart is in brutal shape, but so is most every position.

Viable starters on defense currently under contract: Lamarr Houston (DT/DE/OLB), Miles Burris (OLB/ILB), Michael Huff (CB/FS), Tyvon Branch (SS), and...um...that's about it.

I really like Phillip Adams (CB), but it's far too soon to declare him starting caliber. Tommy Kelly will almost certainly be cut in the coming weeks/months, and he's a lazy slug anyway.

Point being, zeroing in on CB as being devoid of viable starters is a bad move. Pan back just a little and you'll see that the entire defense is in the same condition.

You're right that Milliner lacks warts beyond the fact that he doesn't look like a guy who's going to be a regular name on All Pro lists, but that in itself is a wart when you're drafting this high. No one drafting at #3 overall takes a guy who they think can be pretty good. It just doesn't happen. If you take a guy #3 and he never, or almost never, makes it to Hawaii or onto the AP All Pro list, you blew the pick.

If he goes top 5, and he very well may, it will be to a team that believes he can perform at an All Pro level in their scheme. He won't have that luxury as a Raider.

In Oakland, he'd get tore out the frame. He'd have no pass rush or run defense in front of him, and only marginal safety help behind him.

Rebuilding teams don't typically draft CBs in the top 5. CB just isn't a building block position.

You mention Lane Johnson and Chance Warmack. Considering Oakland's situation, I'd take either of those guys over Milliner. Oakland is desperate for O-line help, and both of those guys have All Pro upside. Either of them would represent a true building block and someone who could give our QB (whoever that may be) and McFadden (while he's healthy) a chance to succeed.

I'd also rate Fisher, Ansah (although a questionable scheme fit), and Dion Jordan as better options for Oakland. Not necessarily for every team or every draft board, but for Oakland specifically.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group