Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated 2013 NFL Mock Draft with at Least 2 Players per Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
We already have Te'o in Rey Maualuga, so no thanks. I would prefer we go with Moore or Allen there. And Eric Reid in the 2nd
Are you freaking serious with that comparison? Rey Maualuga is a run defender first and should honestly be used in a scheme that protects against his weak coverage abilities. Te'o is a first rounder because of his coverage and sideline to sideline range. He may be similar to Maualuga in the sense that he'll miss a tackle from time to time but I don't see the comparison at all other than they both come from big schools and had character question marks leading up to the draft. Not that that's something the Bengals shy away from when considering drafting a guy anyways. Nevermind the fact that Maualuga could be as good as gone as soon as free agency hits.
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Plissken wrote:
Wilson is a terrible pick for the Vikings

I think he's making fun of the fact that you have Tavon's last name as Wilson and not Austin. Tavon Wilson i believe is a Safety for the Patriots?

Either way not the right pick for the Vikes. We have Wright as a replacement for Harvin if traded. We need a bigger body that can stretch the field on the outside.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
We already have Te'o in Rey Maualuga, so no thanks. I would prefer we go with Moore or Allen there. And Eric Reid in the 2nd
Are you freaking serious with that comparison? Rey Maualuga is a run defender first and should honestly be used in a scheme that protects against his weak coverage abilities. Te'o is a first rounder because of his coverage and sideline to sideline range. He may be similar to Maualuga in the sense that he'll miss a tackle from time to time but I don't see the comparison at all other than they both come from big schools and had character question marks leading up to the draft. Not that that's something the Bengals shy away from when considering drafting a guy anyways. Nevermind the fact that Maualuga should be as good as gone as soon as free agency hits.

Nevermind that the head coach and defensive coordinator seem to want him back. I mena, how would a bengal fan have a better pulse on what the team does or needs, right?
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream if DET can get a 2nd and 3rd to move back and still get Ansah.

Sig bet
Snake Plissken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
Okay, defend your side of the argument. See mine several posts above for my defense of the pick. Take it or leave it. Appreciate the response though.

The Vikings already have Harvin in that position and the team will look to keep him if they can't get decent value. Even if he is traded, they have Jarious Wright, who looked solid as a rookie. So either way, it is a low priority position with a lot of other need/value/impact positions to choose from. What the team needs at the WR is a number one-type receiver. That and DT, MLB, S, CB, OLB will help the team more than another smaller WR like Tavon Austin.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Smith and Ogeltree is quite spectacular for Buffalo, even with giving up this years 3rd and next years 2nd.
BP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
BP wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Are you freaking serious with that comparison? Rey Maualuga is a run defender first and should honestly be used in a scheme that protects against his weak coverage abilities. Te'o is a first rounder because of his coverage and sideline to sideline range. He may be similar to Maualuga in the sense that he'll miss a tackle from time to time but I don't see the comparison at all other than they both come from big schools and had character question marks leading up to the draft. Not that that's something the Bengals shy away from when considering drafting a guy anyways. Nevermind the fact that Maualuga should be as good as gone as soon as free agency hits.

Nevermind that the head coach and defensive coordinator seem to want him back. I mena, how would a bengal fan have a better pulse on what the team does or needs, right?
The Pats head coach seems to want a lot of his free agents back, like Wes Welker, Sebastian Vollmer, Kyle Arrington, and Aquib Talib to name a few. He wants them, doesn't necessarily mean they're coming. I mean, how would any of us fans outside of the organization have a know for what their teams are thinking about doing draft day? I feel that with my research and time invested into these things, my guess is just as good as yours chap.
BP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meixdaddy_10 wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:

I think he's making fun of the fact that you have Tavon's last name as Wilson and not Austin. Tavon Wilson i believe is a Safety for the Patriots?

Either way not the right pick for the Vikes. We have Wright as a replacement for Harvin if traded. We need a bigger body that can stretch the field on the outside.
Missed that one. Laughing Thanks, and yeah you're probably right, I was probably thinking of the safety on the Pats.

But on a serious note, Jarius Wright isn't winning the Vikings a Super Bowl, I'm sorry. I know he might be a solid contributor, but come on. You really would feel like you stand to contend with Wright as your sole go-to guy in the slot? Without with out either one of Percy Harvin or Tavon Austin? Austin just makes a whole lot of sense to me right now, but since every Vikings fan and their mother seems to disagree with the pick, I'll agree to disagree.
BP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snake Plissken wrote:
BP wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:
Okay, defend your side of the argument. See mine several posts above for my defense of the pick. Take it or leave it. Appreciate the response though.

The Vikings already have Harvin in that position and the team will look to keep him if they can't get decent value. Even if he is traded, they have Jarious Wright, who looked solid as a rookie. So either way, it is a low priority position with a lot of other need/value/impact positions to choose from. What the team needs at the WR is a number one-type receiver. That and DT, MLB, S, CB, OLB will help the team more than another smaller WR like Tavon Austin.
I appreciate your response. See a few other posts up above again for my side of the debate. Thanks.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desi22601 wrote:
No thanks. I don't want us to pick the third rated OT prospect #4 overall. First two rounds will be defense. No problems the the second round pick.

I think Lane had the biggest upside out of the 3, but agree right now he is behind Fisher than Joeckel.

I think we go Dion Jordan, his ties to Chip, our big need of a SLB/OLB in our new scheme, and his immense potential...are the reasons why.

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Mock Draft with at Least 2 Players per Team Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Alright, after another morning in bed (sick with a Type C influenza, nothing major) and more careful consideration, here is what I feel is a mock draft substantially more indicative of the way things will go come April 25th:

1. KC Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, Left Tackle, Texas A&M [Additional Move(s): Acquire Quarterback Alex Smith from San Francisco 49ers via trade]

2. JAC Jaguars: Chance Warmack, Left Guard, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jarvis Jones, Outside Linebacker, Georgia with second round pick; Acquire Quarterback Ryan Mallett via trade with New England Patriots in exchange for 2013 third & fourth round picks]

3. OAK Raiders: DeMarcus Millner, Cornerback, Alabama [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Defensive Tackle Desmond Bryant]

4. PHI Eagles: Lane Johnson, Left Tackle, Oklahoma [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jonathan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State with second round pick]

5. **BUF Bills: Geno Smith, Quarterback, West Virginia [Additional Move(s): Acquire Alec Ogletree, Linebacker, Georgia with second round pick]

6. CLE Brown: Barkevious Mingo, Outside Linebacker, Louisiana State (LSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Matt Barkley, Quarterback, USC with second round pick]

7. ARI Cardinals: Eric Fisher, Left Tackle, Central Michigan [Additional Move(s): Acquire Tyler Bray, Quarterback, Tennessee with second round pick]

8. **DET Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, Defensive End, Brigham & Young (BYU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Tony Jefferson, Free Safety, Oklahoma with second round pick; (Acquired BUF Bills 2014 second round pick in addition to their 2013 third round pick)]

9. NY Jets: Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide Receiver, Tennessee [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Offensive Guards Brandon Moore & Matt Slausen]

10. TEN Titans: Jonathan Cooper, Left Guard/Center, North Carolina [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jesse Williams, Defensive Nose Tackle, Alabama with second round pick]

11. SD Chargers: Bjoern Werner, Defensive End, Florida State (FSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Cornerback Sean Smith from Miami Dolphins]

12. MIA Dolphins: Justin Hunter, Wide Receiver, Tennessee [Additional Move(s): Acquire Eddy Lacy, Runningback, Alabama with second round pick]

13. TB Buccaneers: Xavier Rhodes, Cornerback, FSU [Additional Move(s): Acquire D.J. Fluker, Offensive Right Tackle, Alabama with second round pick]

14. CAR Panthers: Star Lotuelei, Defensive Tackle, Utah [Additional Move(s): Acquire Dallas Thomas, Offensive Tackle & Guard Prospect, Tennessee with second round pick]

15. NO Saints: Datone Jones, Defensive Tackle, UCLA [Additional Move(s): Acquire Logan Ryan, Cornerback, Texas with second round pick]

16. STL Rams: Sheldon Richardson, Defensive Under Tackle, Missouri [Additional Move(s): Acquire D.J. Swearinger, Free Safety, South Carolina with second round pick]

17. PIT Steelers: Kawaan Short, Defensive Tackle, Purdue [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Cornerback Keenan Lewis]

18. DAL Cowboys: Kenneth Vaccaro, Free Safety, Texas [Additional Move(s): Acquire Malliciah Goodman, Defensive Under Tackle & Defensive End Prospect, Clemson with second round draft pick]

19. NY Giants: Dion Jordan, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Oregon [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Linebacker Daryl Smith from Jacksonville Jaguars]

20. CHI Bears: Tyler Eifert, Tight End, Notre Dame [Additional Move(s): Acquire Kevin Minter, Middle Linebacker, LSU with second round pick]

21. CIN Bengals: Manti Te'O, Middle Linebacker, Notre Dame [Additional Move(s): Acquire Quinton Patton, Wide Receiver, Louisiana Tech with second round pick]

22. STL Rams: Zach Ertz, Tight End, Stanford [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Runningback Michael Turner from Atlanta Falcons]

WAS Redskins Second Round [Originally Owned Pick #22]: Jamar Taylor, Cornerback, Boise State

23. MIN Vikings: Tavon Wilson, Wide Receiver, West Virginia (WSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Desmond Trufant, Cornerback, Washington with second round pick]

24. IND Colts: Sharrif Floyd, Defensive Nose Tackle, Florida [Additional Move(s): Acquire Free Agent Safety Kenny Phillips from New York Giants]

25. SEA Seahawks: Keenan Allen, Wide Receiver, California (CAL) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Cornellius Carradine, Defensive End, Florida State with second round pick]

26. GB Packers: Jonathan Hankins, Defensive Nose Tackle, Ohio State [Additional Move(s): Retain Free Agent Wide Receiver Greg Jennings]

27. HOU Texans: Tyler Wilson, Quarterback, Arkansas [Additional Move(s): Acquire Brandon Williams, Defensive Nose Tackle, Missouri Southern State with second round pick]

28. DEN Broncos: Sylvester Williams, Under Tackle, North Carolina (UNC) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Travis Frederick, Offensive Center & Guard Prospect, Wisconsin with second round pick]

29. NE Patriots: Larry Warford, Right Guard, Kentucky [Additional Move(s): Acquire DeAndre Hopkins, Wide Receiver, Clemson with second round pick; Acquire Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Cornerback, UConn with third round pick & T.J. McDonald, Strong Safety, USC with fourth round pick acquired via trade with Jacksonville Jaguars]

30. ATL Falcons: Damontrae Moore, Defensive End/Outside Linebacker, Texas A&M [Additional Move(s): Acquire Marcus Lattimore, Runningback, South Carolina with second round pick]

31. SF 49ers: Matthew Elam, Strong Safety, Florida [Additional Move(s): Acquire Travis Kelce, Tight End, Cincinnati with second round pick]

32. BAL Ravens: Darius Slay, Cornerback, Mississippi State [Additional Move(s): Acquire Jonathan Cyprien, Safety, Florida International]

I stopped reading at Warmack going 2nd overall. He's not going that high.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the board went this way Floyd does not get past 18!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
BrownsDog23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 2013 NFL Mock Draft with at Least 2 Players per Team Reply with quote

BP wrote:

6. CLE Brown: Barkevious Mingo, Outside Linebacker, Louisiana State (LSU) [Additional Move(s): Acquire Matt Barkley, Quarterback, USC with second round pick]

The Browns don't have a second round pick and Matt Barkley isn't a fit for Vertical passing attack the Browns want to implement on offense.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible for Jacksonville

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
AQuintus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
n the contrary, Tavon Wilson very well could be just the right wide receiver Minnesota is looking for.

1. It's Tavon Austin.

Quote:

After all, Percy Harvin can't put together a full season on the field. Not to mention the other negatives about Percy the person. He has created numerous off-field distractions for the team that has created a likelihood of him being moved if not this year, than almost certainly next. There are the migrane issues that seem to haunt him from time to time. Additionally, Percy Harvin the player has taken a lot more hits in his lifetime between college and the NFL than Tavon Wilson ever has and probably will have to take well into his career; longevity is an enormous factor. Lastly, Austin offers a similar type of skill set to Harvin but superior speed, change of direction, and route discipline IMO.

2. All of this is completely irrelevant because even IF Harvin is moved, Minnesota already has his replacement on the roster in Jarius Wright.

Minnesota will NOT draft another slot receiver regardless of what happens to Harvin.

Quote:
With all of these traits, Minnesota can transition from the Percy Harvin era to one of a Tavon Austin era within a years time without compromising the Vikings playoff aspirations. Defend that.

Minnesota was a playoff team despite Harvin missing the final 9 games of the season. I'd say that they've already transitioned away from the "Percy Harvin era." If they go with a WR in the first 2 rounds (and they should), Minnesota will be drafting a big, outside receiver that can blow the top off of a defense (like Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, or Da'Rick Rogers) - NOT a small, slot receiver that does 90% of his catching around the line of scrimmage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: