Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off-season needs/And prospects that the 9ers should target..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedWhiteNGold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N2TE is my hero. Welcome back bro

niners2theend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: It is inevitable, that the 9ers will trade... Reply with quote

at least a handful of the draft picks next month. With 14 picks, and only about 6-8 spots left on the roster, I am 100% sure that they will either trade up or trade'em for future picks!

Here's my other mock draft(7 rds)scenario:

(1) 31 - NG Jesse Williams 6'4'' 325lbs: Isaac Sopoaga was an immovable object in the middle, and he is the main reason why the 9ers were top at stopping the run! And there's only a handful of NGs in this draft that can fill "ices" shoes, and big Jesse is one of them!

(2) 34 - DE Margus Hunt 6'8'' 277lbs: Justin Smith's future replacement!
(2) 61 - (***Trade to San Diego Chargers for 2014 1st rd pick!!!)
(3) 74 - (***Trade to Carolina Panthers for 2014 2nd rd pick!!!)
(3) 93 - FS Bacarri Rambo 6'1'' 211lbs: "COMPARES TO: Dashon Goldson, FS, San Francisco 49ers: Like the 49ers' standout free safety, Rambo has a tendency to make splashy plays as a pass thief and intimidating hitter but is prone to an occasional breakdown. If he can tighten up his game (and his off-field decision-making) Rambo has the talent to earn Pro Bowl consideration, just as Goldson has done for the 49ers.

--Rob Rang"

(4) 128 - (***Traded to the Chargers as part of the exchange for 2014 1st rd pick)

(4) 131 - DT Bennie Logan 6'2'' 309lbs: Would've been at least a 2nd rd prospect had he stayed another yr at LSU.

(5) 157 - H-Back Willie Carter 6'1'' 232lbs: Posted a 4.45 in the 40, and lifted the 225, 28xs! Caught 61 balls for 868 yards and 7 TDs! He is Delanie Walker's replacement.

(5) 164 - CB Khalid Wooten 5'10'' 210lbs: This ex-wolfpack(Nevada) can't wait to challenge his teammate at Nevada, Colin Kaepernick.

(6) 180 - QB Jeff Tuel 6'3'' 219lbs: Will battle for the 2nd string spot.

(7) 227 - ILB Jake Johnson 6'1'' 236lbs: Will fight for a spot on the tony montana squad aka the kickoff!Transferred from Virginia Tech; posted 131 tckls and 15 of them were for loss as a Senior at South Alabama.

(7) 237 - K Dustin Hopkins 6'2'' 193lbs: Will compete againts veteran Phil dawson.

(7) 246 - OLB Joseph LeBeau 6'0'' 246lbs: Posted 4.53 on the 40, ans 26 reps on the bench.

(7) 252 - CB George Baker 5'11'' 183lbs: Ran a blazing 4.31 in the 40, the 9ers were present at the South Florida pro day.

Please, provide some feedbacks to what you guy's think of my mock draft
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Rambo, but I don't think he will last to our original 3rd round pick (if he lasts to the 3rd round). I think Rambo is good enough to take in the 2nd(our original pick). I like him a LOT at FS.
niners2theend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns, are reportedly going to try to trade Colt McCoy or release him!

***The 9ers should definitely trade for Colt; he has 3 yrs of NFL experience under his belt, that is more than any of the rookie QB available in the draft!!!

Here's the no trade mock draft(4 rds)

(1) 31 - Jesse Williams 6'4'' 325lbs: I'm sure the 9ers regret letting Isaac Sopoaga go, but with the quality of NGs and DTs available in this years draft, I'm not surprise that they did that!

(2) 34 - DE Margus Hunt 6'8'' 277lbs(I project him to gain at least 13 more lbs of muscle into his lean frame by week 1) or CB Jamar Taylor 5'10'' 192lbs if Hunt is off the board.

(2) 61 - FS Baccari Rambo 6'1'' 211lbs: Fear no more my friend; Chrissooner49er! That is the beauty of having multiple picks in the first 4 rds; flexibility!

(3) 74 - SS Shamarko Thomas 5'9'' 213lbs: Donte Whitner, is in the final year of his contract, and I think Shamarko is the next "Bob Sanders!"

(3) 93 - CB Dwayne Gratz 5'11'' 201lbs: Has excellent measurables: 10.5 hand length, and long arms(32+). Has all the tools to become a solid cornerback at the pro level!

(4) 128 - DT Bennie Logan 6'2'' 310lbs: "STRENGTHS: Possesses a stout frame, thick lower-half and long, strong arms. Flashes a quick burst off the snap to slip through gaps. Possesses good upper-body strength, demonstrating the functional strength to bull-rush guards and centers deep into the pocket before ripping himself free to pursue the quarterback. Flashes the explosive upper-body strength to shed blocks quickly and latch onto backs as they attempt to run past. Occasionally will use an arm-over swim move with some effectiveness. Good lateral agility to "play the keys" and pursue down the line of scrimmage. Good hustle laterally and even for up to 10 yards downfield, earning the right to wear No. 18." ---Rob Rang

(4) 131 - OLB Cornelius Washington 6'4'' 265lbs: "STRENGTHS: Prototypical sack-artist frame, with lean, muscular tone and long arms. Exhibits a decent first step when asked to rush from a stand-up. Flashes some flexibility to flatten when he does reach the edge, and shows the ability to swim back to the inside with good use of hands. Decent lateral quickness for his size." ---Rob Rang Parys Haralson, only re-signed for 1 yr!
niners2theend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR, Tyrone Goard, out of Eastern kentucky appears to be on the 49ers draft board! The 6'4'' 205lbs wideout averaged 22 yards per reception as a senior at EKU, and is said to have a good head on his shoulder! Most experts have him going anywhere from 5th rd - 7th rd. in the draft.

***The addition of Colt McCoy and Nnamdi Asomugha means, that the 49ers are probably not going to address these position with any of the top 100 picks!!!

The positions that needs to be address are: the D-Line & Secondary!

***The 9ers currenly have Justin Smith and Ray McDonald as the 2 returning starters on the D-Line. The 9ers added DT, Glenn Dorsey who at 6'1'' 297lbs isn't the typical size to anchor down the middle of a 3-4 scheme. They have Ian Williams(6'1'' 305lbs) and Lamar Divens(6'3'' 340lbs), but both are untested!!!

Here are my top 3 Nose Guards to try and fill Isaac Sopoaga's shoes:

1) Jesse Williams 6'4'' 325lbs: I just hope he falls in the 49ers lap at #31!

2.) Brandon Williams 6'1'' 335lbs: Reminds of Casey Hampton; stout against the run, nothing more!

3.) Star Lotulelei 6'3'' 311lbs: If he drops all the way to the 31st overall pick because of some medical condition; he is worth a gamble because of his upsides!

DaShon Goldson, is not going to be easy to replace because he is at the prime of his career! I don't think any of the rookie can fill his shoes, but yet I could be wrong!

Here are my top 3 Secondary prospects:

1.) Baccari Rambo 6'1'' 211lbs: Like DaShon Goldson, Rambo has the knack of coming up with the big play.

2.) Shamarko Thomas 5'9'' 217lbs: Donte Whitner, will never be a Troy Polamalu, he will stay the same; great at tackling, but won't intercept too many passes!

3.) Eric Reid 6'1'' 213lbs: He is probably the only athlete who just might be able to fill DaShon Goldson's shoes!
adamq

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niners2theend wrote:
Browns, are reportedly going to try to trade Colt McCoy or release him!

***The 9ers should definitely trade for Colt; he has 3 yrs of NFL experience under his belt, that is more than any of the rookie QB available in the draft!!!

prophet

-kiltman
niners2theend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Here's some players on my watch list:

WR Mark Harrison 6'3'' 231lbs: Key features - rare size and speed for a wideout, and long arms(35"!!!). Here's Harrison's highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4686tLeqw0

FS T.J. McDonald 6'2'' 219lbs: What could be better than following your father's footsteps legacy; like father like son(49ers). Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNFbpHS-kO0

FS Ray Ray Armstrong 6'3'' 216lbs: Like the late Sean Taylor, Ray Ray has the knack of making the big plays in traffic! The 9ers should invest a 5th rd or 6th rd choice on this talented athlete, but with a slight baggage! Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18NS59HOEGA

NG John Jenkins 6'4'' 346lbs: The smoke is slowly but surely starting to clear up as the draft nears of who the 49ers might select with the 31st overall pick. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFG4woTmmug

FS Eric Reid 6'1'' 213lbs: Here's a guy who I really like to replace "The Hawk"(will be sorely missed)! Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msB2cYNL_o4

***Enjoy the highlights!!! Shocked
49ersfan2152

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From rotoworld-

NFL Films' Greg Cosell writes South Carolina S D.J. Swearinger transitions "very well" to the NFL because of his positional versatility.
"He has significant experience at safety, both deep and in the box, slot corner and outside corner," Cosell writes. "He played man-to-man against Tennessee wide receiver Justin Hunter both outside and in the slot, and he ran with Hunter. You know what really stood out when he played man, especially over the slot; he understood how to play to his safety help over the top. He undercut routes, taking away the throwing lane for the quarterback. Thatís great awareness. I do not often see that with college defensive backs."

Really like Swearinger alot an I am hoping we take him an end up with two S.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious about making a trade. I know nothing really about the niners needs but i read a couple of articles and im not sure if its true or not of the niners possibly moving up. I see some people are big on Star in this thread and was thinking if you guys would be willing to trade the 31 and 34 pick and 2014 mid round pick to move up to the bills at 8 to land him if he is still available? He has shown that he is fully healthy and he doesnt have a heart condition which keeps him in the top 10.

Thanks Max
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Just curious about making a trade. I know nothing really about the niners needs but i read a couple of articles and im not sure if its true or not of the niners possibly moving up. I see some people are big on Star in this thread and was thinking if you guys would be willing to trade the 31 and 34 pick and 2014 mid round pick to move up to the bills at 8 to land him if he is still available? He has shown that he is fully healthy and he doesnt have a heart condition which keeps him in the top 10.

Are talking about the REAL draft two weeks away or a mock you are participating in?
In the actual draft, I would love it if the 9ers traded up for Star...though I would rather it not be as high. We would have to give up a number of picks to move up to 8.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im saying the actual draft, I just looked it up in the article they are saying for the niners to trade up the bills would likely give up the 8th overall and a 5th rd pick for 31, 34, and 61. You guys seem like you do not have many needs and with the defense the niners have I think this would be a a great addition to make the team that much better.

Thanks Max
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Im saying the actual draft, I just looked it up in the article they are saying for the niners to trade up the bills would likely give up the 8th overall and a 5th rd pick for 31, 34, and 61. You guys seem like you do not have many needs and with the defense the niners have I think this would be a a great addition to make the team that much better.

Certainly, however I do not believe we would give that many higher picks for moving up...and I doubt we seek to move that high. Probably more like the teens are the highest we would try to trade up...I could be wrong, though! Cool
niners2theend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one player that no one is really talking about as the draft nears: RB, Chris Thompson(5'7'' 192lbs) who was on the pace to run for over 1,000 yards rushing before a major injury stopped him on his tracks! Check out his most recent highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trUV0_4ZB0g

***Chris, could've easily been at least a 4th rounder before the injury, but is worth a late(6th rd) rd pick!!!

Another Seminole who I'm pretty high on is, CB, Xavier Rhodes 6'1'' 210lbs - However, the 9ers would have to move up the 11th spot(owned by the Chargers), who in my opinion is willing to trade down in exchange for extra picks. Hence, the Chargers are heading for rebuilding mode!

Xavier, only a Junior entering the draft a year early has all the tools to become the next Deion Sanders. The question is, is he willing to follow "Primetime's" footsteps? Well, it's going to be totally up to him to be quite honest!!! Checkout his highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GELytS0ne24

One other player I'm really high on too is, Star Lotulelei 6'3'' 311lbs - This guy has the making of a pro bowl caliber player for years to come. Rumor has it, he has been cleared by the medical staff at Indy! Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giBTgLe2__E

Last but not least, BJoern Werner(6'3'' 266lbs) is the next Jared Allen!!! Yes, you heard it from me first!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHxSVDR-fQ
o_0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

niners2theend wrote:
Here's one player that no one is really talking about as the draft nears: RB, Chris Thompson(5'7'' 192lbs) who was on the pace to run for over 1,000 yards rushing before a major injury stopped him on his tracks! Check out his most recent highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trUV0_4ZB0g

***Chris, could've easily been at least a 4th rounder before the injury, but is worth a late(6th rd) rd pick!!!

Another Seminole who I'm pretty high on is, CB, Xavier Rhodes 6'1'' 210lbs - However, the 9ers would have to move up the 11th spot(owned by the Chargers), who in my opinion is willing to trade down in exchange for extra picks. Hence, the Chargers are heading for rebuilding mode!

Xavier, only a Junior entering the draft a year early has all the tools to become the next Deion Sanders. The question is, is he willing to follow "Primetime's" footsteps? Well, it's going to be totally up to him to be quite honest!!! Checkout his highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GELytS0ne24

One other player I'm really high on too is, Star Lotulelei 6'3'' 311lbs - This guy has the making of a pro bowl caliber player for years to come. Rumor has it, he has been cleared by the medical staff at Indy! Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giBTgLe2__E

Last but not least, BJoern Werner(6'3'' 266lbs) is the next Jared Allen!!! Yes, you heard it from me first!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHxSVDR-fQ

We would have to trade way up to get Star or Rhodes, as they're both borderline top ten picks.

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely LOVE it if the 9ers traded up for Star and be pretty close to HATING it if they traded up for Rhodes. Just do not see DB as big a need and like the depth at DB better than the depth at DL in this draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: