Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers trade QB Alex Smith to Chiefs for 2nd rounder, another
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
Good news for Alex Smith. KC resigned Bowe and tagged Albert. Shocked

I thought for sure they'd end up letting one of them go. Looks like Alex is gonna have a good deal of help in that offense. Good for him. He should do pretty well there.

Best case scenario for Alex/KC. This keeps the maximum amount of veteran talent on the team that they could keep.

But if they have QB and LT sown up (at least for now), who do they take #1? Seems like trade down or best DL are their only options.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

I thought for sure they'd end up letting one of them go. Looks like Alex is gonna have a good deal of help in that offense. Good for him. He should do pretty well there.

Very Happy ... I expected them to find a way to keep both. Glad they did, thanks for the info.

so what happens at pick #1 now? do they still take Luke?
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

Very Happy ... I expected them to find a way to keep both. Glad they did, thanks for the info.

I wasn't sure what their cap situation was like. Apparently it wasn't that bad.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

I doubt it. Winston's a pretty good RT. Luke wouldn't really have a spot on that roster. I've been hearing rumblings that KC might take Chance Warmack #1 overall to try and make their o-line even better.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I think they try desperately to trade back. If they really can't? Then they take a DL like Star or Floyd.

Kikuchiyo wrote:

I wasn't sure what their cap situation was like. Apparently it wasn't that bad.

They aren't loaded with money, but they can and will open up a bunch with Tyson Jackson's current contract... one way or another. No way will Matt Cassell stay on with his 9+ million. They can open up 20+ million between those two.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

I doubt it. Winston's a pretty good RT. Luke wouldn't really have a spot on that roster. I've been hearing rumblings that KC might take Chance Warmack #1 overall to try and make their o-line even better.

I'd be shocked at warmack number one, especially with his slip at the combine. At this point, I think the difference between he and cooper is negligible.

I think right now they have to be trying ungodly hard to trade down, but I can't see anyone outside of buffalo willing to trade up, and a move that far would probably be too expensive (thinking being that buffalo, who I think is definitely going qb in rd 1, would try to leapfrog the raiders for Geno just in case the raiders want him). If trading down is not an option, I have to imagine they will go d-line. Sharif Floyd I guess? I can't see them picking Jordan, and I don't think anyone would pick a corner first overall. If stars heart checks out, I guess he could be back in play.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Last edited by Forge on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

I think they try desperately to trade back. If they really can't? Then they take a DL like Star or Floyd.

If Star checks out healthy I wouldnt mind us throwing 31 and 34 at them for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:

I'd be shocked at warmack number one, especially with his slip at the combine. At this point, I think the difference between he and cooper is negligible.

I think right now they have to be trying ungodly hard to trade down, but I can't see anyone outside of buffalo willing to trade up, and a move that far would probably be too expensive (thinking being that buffalo, who I think is definitely going qb in rd 1, would try to leapfrog the raiders for Geno just in case the raiders want him). If trading down is not an option, I have to imagine they will go d-line. Sharif Floyd I guess? I can't see them picking Jordan, and I don't think anyone would pick a corner first overall. If stars heart checks out, I guess he could be back in play.

I'm not that big on Warmack either. Personally, I thought DeCastro and Iupati were better prospects. Larry Warford will probably be just as good and he's slated for a second round pick. But Andy Reid loves his linemen in the first round.

Forge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they don't like Floyd (may not be the best of fits in 3-4) maybe they take joekel anyway? If they have no intentions of signing Albert long term, they could slide him to guard for one year. Expensive guard, but they could draft interior later in draft, let them sit for a year, then let Albert walk and slide in the prospect.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
If they don't like Floyd (may not be the best of fits in 3-4) maybe they take joekel anyway? If they have no intentions of signing Albert long term, they could slide him to guard for one year. Expensive guard, but they could draft interior later in draft, let them sit for a year, then let Albert walk and slide in the prospect.

If they like Joeckel, I'm sure they can get a first, or at worst replace their second, for Albert. That's what I would do. This way, they get their LT (cheaper than Albert would cost), their QB, and they can use the pick from trading Albert on a guard or to improve the defense.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

If Star checks out healthy I wouldnt mind us throwing 31 and 34 at them for him.

It's going to take a lot more then that. Look what the Falcons had to give up for Julio.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the Bowe/Albert news, it's what I expected. Good job by the Chiefs to keep both.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

It's going to take a lot more then that. Look what the Falcons had to give up for Julio.

I think those two picks could be a strong centerpiece. The Chiefs biggest needs are OG and WR. Those two picks would give them alot of options at those positions. If they think nobody is worth that #1 pick and there are few suitors it could happen. Pray

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:

Nice to hear Alex will have some talent around him, but what I really care about is KC wins so we jack up that 2014 pick to a second.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:

Albert will NOT play G, hes been very adament about being a LT only.. He would hold out first IMO.. As Rudy said, if they take Luke, Albert will have to be traded.

-kiltman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: