Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers trade QB Alex Smith to Chiefs for 2nd rounder, another
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Your assuming Reid will use "his" vertical attack. I'll bet we run a pretty traditional WCO. Moves the chains consistently.

Your assuming he isn't as stubborn in his ways as a mule and is willing to change.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Your assuming Reid will use "his" vertical attack. I'll bet we run a pretty traditional WCO. Moves the chains consistently.

Your assuming he isn't as stubborn in his ways as a mule and is willing to change.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Head....exploding.....must....fix....AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Trent Green had never had a 4000 yard season when he came to KC.

Correct, sir. To play devil's advocate, though, here are his first 3 seasons (before he came to the Chiefs:

1997 (Rookie season): WAS, didn't play.
1998: 14 GS for WAS, 278/509, 54.6%, 3441 yds, 23 TDs, 11 INTs, 6.7 YPA, 49 Sacks, 81.8 QBR
1999: 5 GS for STL, 145/240, 60.4%, 2063 yds, 16 TDs, 5 INTs, 8.6 YPA, 24 Sacks, 101.8 QBR

In his second season starting, he was on pace for well over 4,000 yards that season with 3.33 TDs per start. That was the year Kurt Warner took over and brought the Greatest Show on Turf to the Super Bowl. Better supporting cast? Sure. His first two seasons were both better than Alex's, though. I know, I know, extenuating circumstances and everything. I get that. The bottom line is that Alex Smith has started a full season twice during his career. Two out of eight seasons. His last four seasons have either been very close to or above 60% completion %, which is definitely an upgrade over Cassel.

My point is that Alex's history as a player has proven he can't stay healthy, but when healthy, is a solid starter. And he'll be 29 when the season starts.

In short, we NEED another starting quality QB. BEFORE this year, he's missed 30 games. 30 games out of 112 possible starts. That's 26.78% of the games he was expected to start that he couldn't due to injury. Yes, that's averaging more than 4 games every year. To say the least, that's concerning. His sacks and fumbles aren't much of an issue in my eyes. It's that he's 29 years old, we gave up what was essentially a late 1st rounder and he's missed more than a quarter of his games due to injury.

We still need Geno. BADLY.
Just one thing really quick. Smith hasn't been too injury prone. Besides the concussion last season, he has only had one significant injury, the issue is that it was horribly mismanaged. He had a shoulder injury (I believe in 2008, but I could be wrong on that) and told the team/coach (Mike Nolan) that it was painful enough to affect how he could throw the football significantly. Nolan then dragged him through the mud in the media, basically calling him soft. Alex showed a lot of toughness playing through an injury for several weeks which later required surgery, but his play suffered. The whole next season was lost because of the recovery from the aforementioned surgery.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he's never healthy is what you're telling us. Laughing
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
So he's never healthy is what you're telling us. Laughing

lol, pretty much. If it weren't for him getting injured again this season, he probably wouldn't have lost his job and as a result, probably wouldn't be a Chief.

Soooooooo...we have a new QB because he's injury prone? Think

Uhh...

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Trent Green had never had a 4000 yard season when he came to KC.

Correct, sir. To play devil's advocate, though, here are his first 3 seasons (before he came to the Chiefs:

1997 (Rookie season): WAS, didn't play.
1998: 14 GS for WAS, 278/509, 54.6%, 3441 yds, 23 TDs, 11 INTs, 6.7 YPA, 49 Sacks, 81.8 QBR
1999: 5 GS for STL, 145/240, 60.4%, 2063 yds, 16 TDs, 5 INTs, 8.6 YPA, 24 Sacks, 101.8 QBR

In his second season starting, he was on pace for well over 4,000 yards that season with 3.33 TDs per start. That was the year Kurt Warner took over and brought the Greatest Show on Turf to the Super Bowl. Better supporting cast? Sure. His first two seasons were both better than Alex's, though. I know, I know, extenuating circumstances and everything. I get that. The bottom line is that Alex Smith has started a full season twice during his career. Two out of eight seasons. His last four seasons have either been very close to or above 60% completion %, which is definitely an upgrade over Cassel.

My point is that Alex's history as a player has proven he can't stay healthy, but when healthy, is a solid starter. And he'll be 29 when the season starts.

In short, we NEED another starting quality QB. BEFORE this year, he's missed 30 games. 30 games out of 112 possible starts. That's 26.78% of the games he was expected to start that he couldn't due to injury. Yes, that's averaging more than 4 games every year. To say the least, that's concerning. His sacks and fumbles aren't much of an issue in my eyes. It's that he's 29 years old, we gave up what was essentially a late 1st rounder and he's missed more than a quarter of his games due to injury.

We still need Geno. BADLY.
Just one thing really quick. Smith hasn't been too injury prone. Besides the concussion last season, he has only had one significant injury, the issue is that it was horribly mismanaged. He had a shoulder injury (I believe in 2008, but I could be wrong on that) and told the team/coach (Mike Nolan) that it was painful enough to affect how he could throw the football significantly. Nolan then dragged him through the mud in the media, basically calling him soft. Alex showed a lot of toughness playing through an injury for several weeks which later required surgery, but his play suffered. The whole next season was lost because of the recovery from the aforementioned surgery.

I'm pretty sure Smith got injured in 05, 07 (the aforementioned shoulder injury), 08 (the year he missed because of it), and again in 10 (that allowed Troy Smith to start). Then the concussion in 12.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:

I'm pretty sure Smith got injured in 05, 07 (the aforementioned shoulder injury), 08 (the year he missed because of it), and again in 10 (that allowed Troy Smith to start). Then the concussion in 12.

Had an ankle injury in 05, but didn't miss much time from it. It was a minor thing... as were the latter injuries in 2010 and 2012. The 2007 shoulder separation was brutal. The wire left in his shoulder in 2008 that re-injured the shoulder was unacceptable and bizarre. He recovered well from that.

He did take every snap in 2006 and then stayed healthy in 2011.

I wouldn't go expecting Alex to miss more time than any other reasonably durable QB... he'll be fine.

___
straighthate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

Had an ankle injury in 05, but didn't miss much time from it. It was a minor thing... as were the latter injuries in 2010 and 2012. The 2007 shoulder separation was brutal. The wire left in his shoulder in 2008 that re-injured the shoulder was unacceptable and bizarre. He recovered well from that.

He did take every snap in 2006 and then stayed healthy in 2011.

I wouldn't go expecting Alex to miss more time than any other reasonably durable QB... he'll be fine.

He's gotten hit A LOT too and held up just fine. Everyone's gonna get a concussion every now and then from helmet to helmet, but the only other injury that I can remember sidelining him was the shoulder. It was a very significant injury and cost him a lot of time.... mainly because it was mismanaged and the doctor screwed up in surgery. But he's a tough QB that won't miss time for stupid stuff.
Cheifsfan111

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

he only did the vertical stuff to fit the team to his players needs

vick isnt that accurate has a rocket arm and desean jackson is a small WR and really only a vertical threat

the WCO is really built around short and intermediate passes and getting YAC

reid builds his offense to the players strengths and he will go back to the original WCO
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheifsfan111 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

vick isnt that accurate has a rocket arm and desean jackson is a small WR and really only a vertical threat

reid builds his offense to the players strengths and he will go back to the original WCO

Brian Westbrook and Shady McCoy just died of laughter.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Cheifsfan111 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Last year Jamaal Charles averaged 17 touches per game.

Shady McCoy averaged 16.6 touches per game.

Andy Reid will fit right in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was dorsey thinking how did we get fleeced?

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Cheifsfan111 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Last year Jamaal Charles averaged 17 touches per game.

Shady McCoy averaged 16.6 touches per game.

Andy Reid will fit right in.

Don't know where you got your numbers, but McCoy actually got more.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt know if anyone posted this or not but on twitter Jason Cole posted that the Chiefs might ask Alex Smith to restructure his contract. It was retweeted by Bill Williamson. Said no pay cut just a shift in the money to free up cap space. Dont know how to post quotes from twitter.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the actual trade terms yet? NFL.com took a shot at us in the big winners from day one. Basically said that 9ers were big winners from the get go, for turning a broken down QB into a second round pick plus more.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 32 of 43

Jump to: