Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers trade QB Alex Smith to Chiefs for 2nd rounder, another
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

Well......of course they haven't so far because we haven't seen them coach a team or draft or sign any players. So technically because you hate the Alex Smith trade you really aren't even giving them a fair chance to prove worthy based on your reaction to all of this.

I'm just saying man..Pioli and Cassel left us all with a taste in our mouths we will never forget. I understand it might be challenging to support a new regime. But it is all you can do now. You aren't giving them that chance because you don't like Alex Smith. He has yet to touch a football as a Chief and Reid has yet to coach him and Dorsey has yet to draft players to help him.

I mean hell, maybe - just maybe - we can and will enjoy glory with Alex Smith as our QB. But we have to believe in him and the team first. That is the fun of the whole thing.

We've seen them make offseason moves, bringing in Sutton who was a bad DC, and now giving up way to much to secure a mediocre at best QB.

I've already seen him touch a football as a 9er for years now, that's all I need to see to know what we got ain't great. Now we're not gonna go after a QB early, like usual, and do the same thing we always do.

Sorry if I'm skeptical, but my entire life they've been making the exact same moves, not similar but the EXACT, and it has lead to the longest playoff win drought currently in the NFL today.

Out with the old, in with the new, but the new tastes and looks exactly the same.

To be fair it's gotten us 3 byes....no, we don't have an actual playoff win to enjoy, but that's not cuz our teams haven't been good enough. If those teams weren't quite good enough to get a playoff bye or if there was no bye, we'd have some playoff wins.

QB trades thru the years have been sited as the biggest reason for lack of a playoff win and that is part of it....Bono, Grbac, and Cassel were pitiful trades and the biggest reason their team lost in the playoffs....guys with no upside (Bono, Cassel) or no heart, leadership, intangibles (Grbac), not to mention all 3 were unproven as starting NFL QB's. Mind Boggling.

Now when we've traded for a proven QB, that has turned out great...Montana notched 2 playoff wins and Green, who had proven himself legit not only with the greatest show on turf but a very nice season with the Redskins. We didn't lose to the Colts or fail to make the playoffs in 02,04, and 05 because our QB wasn't good enough. We ignored the defense and it cost us dearly..maybe if we draft Palalmalu or Scrabble instead of LJ it's a different story.

Alex falls into that same category...a proven starter with playoff success.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

Well......of course they haven't so far because we haven't seen them coach a team or draft or sign any players. So technically because you hate the Alex Smith trade you really aren't even giving them a fair chance to prove worthy based on your reaction to all of this.

I'm just saying man..Pioli and Cassel left us all with a taste in our mouths we will never forget. I understand it might be challenging to support a new regime. But it is all you can do now. You aren't giving them that chance because you don't like Alex Smith. He has yet to touch a football as a Chief and Reid has yet to coach him and Dorsey has yet to draft players to help him.

I mean hell, maybe - just maybe - we can and will enjoy glory with Alex Smith as our QB. But we have to believe in him and the team first. That is the fun of the whole thing.

We've seen them make offseason moves, bringing in Sutton who was a bad DC, and now giving up way to much to secure a mediocre at best QB.

I've already seen him touch a football as a 9er for years now, that's all I need to see to know what we got ain't great. Now we're not gonna go after a QB early, like usual, and do the same thing we always do.

Sorry if I'm skeptical, but my entire life they've been making the exact same moves, not similar but the EXACT, and it has lead to the longest playoff win drought currently in the NFL today.

Out with the old, in with the new, but the new tastes and looks exactly the same.

To be fair it's gotten us 3 byes....no, we don't have an actual playoff win to enjoy, but that's not cuz our teams haven't been good enough. If those teams weren't quite good enough to get a playoff bye or if there was no bye, we'd have some playoff wins.

QB trades thru the years have been sited as the biggest reason for lack of a playoff win and that is part of it....Bono, Grbac, and Cassel were pitiful trades....guys with no upside (Bono, Cassel) or no heart, leadership, intangibles (Grbac), not to mention all 3 were unproven as starting NFL QB's. Mind Boggling.

Now when we've traded for a proven QB, that has turned out great...Montana notched 2 playoff wins and Green, who had proven himself legit not only with the greatest show on turf but a very nice season with the Redskins. We didn't lose to the Colts or fail to make the playoffs in 02,04, and 05 because our QB wasn't good enough. We ignored the defense and it cost us dearly..maybe if we draft Palalmalu or Scrabble instead of LJ it's a different story.

He isn't that proven. He only won A playoff game then looked horrible in the NFCCG.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's in the same tier as Trent Green, who was good enough to win a SB if the defense was atleast decent.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
oldman9er

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
I agree with everyone saying that Alex Smith is clearly better than Matt Cassel (obviously). My problem isn't that I was just looking to upgrade the QB position from bad to average or slightly above average. I'm trying to get a Super Bowl caliber QB, which I don't believe Alex Smith to be. Couple that with the high compensation we gave up for him and it looks like he's not just merely a stop gap while we groom a Geno Smith/Tyler Wilson. Those are my problems with the trade. I'm not OK with the vicious cycle of being on the edge of the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 every year.

Does anybody want to refute my logic? I'd honestly like to get some opinions from people who like the trade.

Don't know about refuting your logic... but many see this kind of compensation as evidence that Dosey and Reid are looking at Alex as more than just some average veteran stop-gap.

To your other point, if the Chiefs are a fairly solid team in non-QB aspects, Alex is a guy that can get you into the playoffs and has a real shot at the trophy. Just look what he accomplished in 2011, and again and again... that was a year one WCO in the infant stages of implementation. That was with 2 out of 5 OL sucking terribly in pass protection. That was with a very thin and underwhelming WR corps.. and a TE that admitted he didn't really know the system well until late in the year.

Alex isn't "flashy"... but if your team is reasonably strong? He's a guy that can do a whole lot of good for you.. and make you relevant again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember over the last two seasons being the most negative fan on this forum, especially when I realized Cassel and Pioli were staying. I have never been so outraged in my life as I was in that decision. Between my outbursts, fighting with Donkey fans and name calling I was close to being banned. Very few people liked except maybe Rage shared my enthusiasm. Most of you now do not remember because I kept my promise and quit on football for the season. Being as negative as anyone can be, I believe Smith to be our best QB since Green. He reminds me of Gannon how he gets better with age. I am so happy to be rid of Pioli. I am very excited and hopefull with Alex. Ried I dont know yet but Dorsey I believe in. I think he is smart. Clark will have to work to restore my confidence but Dorsey was a good move. There are so many possibilities in free agency that I am willing to sit back and let Dorsey/Ried make all thier moves before I armchair GM again. I have some hope, so I urge others too as well. I still feel ashamed for cheering when cassel went down last year, that was awful. Cassel sucks as qb but he is a good kid and hard worker. I remember getting kicked out of a Chilis far from KC because i cheered that they just killed happyfeet and made some kids cry. That referring to the Cassel injury. I dont want to be that guy again and hope noone else is. Im sorry for my disrespect towards cassel, a good kid in the wrong position.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor916 wrote:
I remember over the last two seasons being the most negative fan on this forum, especially when I realized Cassel and Pioli were staying. I have never been so outraged in my life as I was in that decision. Between my outbursts, fighting with Donkey fans and name calling I was close to being banned. Very few people liked except maybe Rage shared my enthusiasm. Most of you now do not remember because I kept my promise and quit on football for the season. Being as negative as anyone can be, I believe Smith to be our best QB since Green. He reminds me of Gannon how he gets better with age. I am so happy to be rid of Pioli. I am very excited and hopefull with Alex. Ried I dont know yet but Dorsey I believe in. I think he is smart. Clark will have to work to restore my confidence but Dorsey was a good move. There are so many possibilities in free agency that I am willing to sit back and let Dorsey/Ried make all thier moves before I armchair GM again. I have some hope, so I urge others too as well. I still feel ashamed for cheering when cassel went down last year, that was awful. Cassel sucks as qb but he is a good kid and hard worker. I remember getting kicked out of a Chilis far from KC because i cheered that they just killed happyfeet and made some kids cry. That referring to the Cassel injury. I dont want to be that guy again and hope noone else is. Im sorry for my disrespect towards cassel, a good kid in the wrong position.

I love the honesty man! Good to have to back! I was probably one of the guys arguing against you! Very Happy

That being said Pioli only made 1 massive mistake, improper evaluation of the QB position. No other move hurt that team that much but his collection and retaining of talent was pretty good! You can argue HC was errors to which i could see but without a QB you can see there being a problem.

In the end you nailed it man! I was definately in the wrong about Cassel. No doubting that!
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

QB trades thru the years have been sited as the biggest reason for lack of a playoff win and that is part of it....Bono, Grbac, and Cassel were pitiful trades....guys with no upside (Bono, Cassel) or no heart, leadership, intangibles (Grbac), not to mention all 3 were unproven as starting NFL QB's. Mind Boggling.

He isn't that proven. He only won A playoff game then looked horrible in the NFCCG.

This guy hates Alex so much and trashed him every time he got.
He's gone. And now he comes to the chiefs forum to do the same thing. So much for hating him just cuzz he was holding the niners back...

He proved he can win and lead an offense.

new sig... sorry alex
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

He's gone. And now he comes to the chiefs forum to do the same thing. So much for hating him just cuzz he was holding the niners back...

Says the guy with an I <3 Alex Smith sig.... Just saying...
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

QB trades thru the years have been sited as the biggest reason for lack of a playoff win and that is part of it....Bono, Grbac, and Cassel were pitiful trades and the biggest reason their team lost in the playoffs....guys with no upside (Bono, Cassel) or no heart, leadership, intangibles (Grbac), not to mention all 3 were unproven as starting NFL QB's. Mind Boggling.

To be fair Byes mean diddly when you don't win anyway.

Playoff Success? One win, against a crappy Saints defense and an elite Defense and running game supporting him? Then he faces a real D like the Giants and looks like crap. Coincidentally they lose.

Proven, sure.
TD: 0
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

Says the guy with an I <3 Alex Smith sig.... Just saying...

It's one of the reasons I made it Laughing

new sig... sorry alex
pierrepet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpinsky33 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

The BIG difference is our defense. We were really close in 2003 but we couldn't stop the Colts to save our lives.

I really dont understand the comparisons to Trent Green. Trent Green had 4 season in which he threw for over 4,000 yards and 2 more over 3600 yards. Green also had TD numbers of 26, 24 and 27. Alex Smith has never been close to 4,000 yard passing, only exclisping the 3000 yard mark once and has never thrown for even 20 TD's?

What exactly are their similarities?

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
wilmtalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the first of the 49'ers site that wanted Kaep to start over Smith. In comparison with Kaep Smith doesn't measure up. He is not a QB who has all the tools or can do everything. He is however a good QB. What I can not understand is the posters on this site who are upset with this trade. It was a good trade for KC. It was a good trade for SF because they had Kaep. If Kaep were not there or a lesser QB the Niners would not have traded him for even more or better picks.

Some KC fans are upset because the FO did not want to take a gamble with Geno. Now it is agreed by most to All the scouts that that there are no QB's in this draft worthy of a first round pick. It would only be an act of desperation that would make any team waste a first round pick on any of them. Yet the fans rational is that they should take a gamble on Geno using the #1 pick just because their might me a slim chance that he could end up being a franchise QB. The rational being that they have never picked a QB first before and they should try it because the other way hasn't worked yet. Right so lets wait for a draft when it is least likely to have any success to do so. Very convoluted reasoning. Thats taking a page out of the Seinfeld episode where one character who is a loser starts doing the exact opposite of what he usually would do and becomes successful. Totally moronic reasoning. They don't want to give up a second for Smith, but are willing to give up the first pick in the draft on a long shot.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilmtalk wrote:
I was one of the first of the 49'ers site that wanted Kaep to start over Smith. In comparison with Kaep Smith doesn't measure up. He is not a QB who has all the tools or can do everything. He is however a good QB. What I can not understand is the posters on this site who are upset with this trade. It was a good trade for KC. It was a good trade for SF because they had Kaep. If Kaep were not there or a lesser QB the Niners would not have traded him for even more or better picks.

Some KC fans are upset because the FO did not want to take a gamble with Geno. Now it is agreed by most to All the scouts that that there are no QB's in this draft worthy of a first round pick. It would only be an act of desperation that would make any team waste a first round pick on any of them. Yet the fans rational is that they should take a gamble on Geno using the #1 pick just because their might me a slim chance that he could end up being a franchise QB. The rational being that they have never picked a QB first before and they should try it because the other way hasn't worked yet. Right so lets wait for a draft when it is least likely to have any success to do so. Very convoluted reasoning. Thats taking a page out of the Seinfeld episode where one character who is a loser starts doing the exact opposite of what he usually would do and becomes successful. Totally moronic reasoning. They don't want to give up a second for Smith, but are willing to give up the first pick in the draft on a long shot.

Just a hint, if you want to come into another forum and if your true intent is to engage in a dialogue, maybe refrain from insulting people. Again, just a hint. I realize the fact that your teaming being on an apparent upswing may give you the distinct ability to be an extert on all NFL teams, but coming across the way you did might not be the best way to start a conversation.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thats taking a page out of the Seinfeld episode where one character who is a loser starts doing the exact opposite of what he usually would do and becomes successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyb5dkQZPw

This was LOL awesome though.. posted for the younglings... Laughing

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:
Thats taking a page out of the Seinfeld episode where one character who is a loser starts doing the exact opposite of what he usually would do and becomes successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyb5dkQZPw

This was LOL awesome though.. posted for the younglings... Laughing

Hi my name is RVM, I'm unemployed and live with my parents.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 30 of 43

Jump to: