Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post combine with exps 1 round
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdv1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Post combine with exps 1 round Reply with quote

Round 1:

1.) Kansas City – Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
The chiefs appear to be actively pursuing Alex Smith, and if they do acquire him they may not have this pick anymore, but chances are they will. If they do land him and keep the pick, it will most likely be a bookend tackle, allowing them to let albert walk and resign d-bowe. But if it falls through, I feel Geno has to be the pick. The kid rarely makes mistakes and has all the physical tools neccessary. They won't pass on getting the best QB and only first round talent qb here if they don't get smith.

2.) Jacksonville – Ezekial Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
Probably a shock to most. But the upside here may be greater than any other prospect in the draft. He's a very raw talent but there is JPP potential here, and jacksonville does have the tendancy to overdraft. Still, IMO it's a worthy pick at 2. If we knew what JPP would become, he could have been the second overall pick as well. Although he may take a year to develop Ansah could be one of the top pass rushers in the league, and with the exception of dion jordan who would need to add 15 pounds, I don't beleive anyone else in this class has that type of pass rush potential.

3.) Oakland – Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
Floyd wowed me at the combine. He moves exceptionally for someone that size and will be a disruptive force in the backfield from the interior line. he's your prototype 3 tech.

4.) Philadelphia – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
I think Chip Kelly will push for Dion Jordan, but with their pick of the top 3 tackles in the draft I can't see them passing on a franchise LT here. It may not be Joeckel, but I feel this will be a LT. A LT will start day one. Dion Jordan, as much as I think he'll be a super star, still has to develop for a year and add some weight, and the question is can he keep that aggressive quickness he has 15 pounds heavier. They're better off getting a more sure thing when they grade out about the same.

5.) Detroit – Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
With a solid 40 time Milliner has provided enough evidence to warrant this high a pick. Some still consider it a slight reahc, but based on what's available and the need at DB for detroit I'm going with it. It is very possible werner could be the pick or even a LT where they would slide Reiff inside to gaurd.

6.) Cleveland – Bjorn Werner, DE, Florida State
Opposite Jaball Sheard There isn't much of a pass rushing presence. Werner Is an all around player and probably the best overall 43 end in the draft, who can get after the passer and make a bunch of TOFL as well.

7.) Arizona – Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
It's pretty obvious that Arizona needs to protect the QB better and is very weak at offensive tackle.

8.) Buffalo – Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
True there is a strong possibility buffalo goes QB here, but I think they can get a guy that is as talented as anyone they pick here at this same pick in round 2, or someone with maybe a slight drop off. But the drop off in WR at the same pick is a lot greater, and so I beleive they take the best receiver in the draft here and get a qb in round 2.

9.) NY Jets – Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon
They luck out and get a stud here. Jordan is a project but his upside is huge. He moves extremely well but needs to tac on at least 10 pounds or as much as 20. He'll prob start out like aldon smith did as a situational rusher but he has the tools to eventually be a 3 down player and get out and cover people too.

10.) Tennessee – Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
It's a shame when you have a weapon like CJ2K and you can't get the push up front you need to allow him to maximize his skills. Warmack is considered by some the best player in this draft. I don't know if I agree with that, but he's certainly the best interior lineman and maybe the best run blocker.

11.) San Diego – Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
For some reaosn I doubt Lane Johnson will make it to pick 11. I see buffalo's 8 spot and clevelands 6th spot as prime trade up positions to get either him or one of the qbs if a team falls in love. But if the draft falls this way then SD would jump at getting lane here, as theyve tried and failed a few times to get sufficient protection for phillip rivers blind side.

12.) Miami – Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah
Miami has a big hole at receiver. I'm guessing Wallace and Bowe will both resign with their particular teams, so that rules them out. Still, I think with the available talent that Miami will either swap with buffalo to go get cordarelle patterson and buffalo takes a qb here, or theyll stay put and trade back inot round one later in the draft to get a wr. In that case, with the talent left they go BPA. Star can play anywhere in a 34 front and either DT in a 43 look. He would be an upgrade over what they have now. People will complain about how they should take a pass rusher in this situation, but unless they reach a little for sam montgomery here i don't see it happening. I'm not convinced JJones or especially kiki mingo will be able to take on NFL tackles and be effective. Star, assuming his heart condition checks out and isn't an issue, is a solid pickup regardless of need.

13.) Tampa Bay – Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
I previously had Dee milliner slated in here but with the combine he had i bumped him up. Still I think they go DB in this spot. Vaccaro teamed with barron would leave them set at safety for a long time, but what's interesting with vaccaro is his coverage skills. It's possible, almost like antrelle Rolle does for the giants, that Vaccaro can cover slot receivers man to man on 3 down sets, which is huge in that it limits personel swaps in a league moving more and more towards high tempo offense. He needs to run faster at his proday to warrant this high a selection, but if he hits in the 4.4 range he'll be the pick. If not, I could see a trade down, or maybe even Xavier Rhodes or even a QB.

14.) Carolina – Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Carolina has had a gaping hold at DT for a while now. Richardson isn't the prospect that Floyd is but is solid in his own right. He's athletic enough to line up at the 3tech and is suffieciently strong, but probably will need some time to develop. This pick depends a lot on if they beleive he can eventually be a 3 down player and if he can eliminate the bad plays that come up more frequently than you want from a top 20 DT when you watch his film. As for potential though it's definately there.

15.) New Orleans – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Many questions have come up about Jones's medical health and choice to not participate at the combine. Assuming he checks out fine, his college resume is stellar, but I think he needs to beef up a bit. With Rob ryan now in town with his complex 34 look, I think he'd salivate to get the chance to work with Jarvis Jones. Guys like Jones and Mingo I don't see consistantly going against LT's in the NFL with success, but in the right scheme where he can rush off stunts and more complex looks that will give him easier paths I think Jones could be a monster in going after the qb. Ryan would utilize his skill set well.

16.) St. Louis – D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
I think if Mike Wallace leaves pittsburgh they may go WR here, but assuming he resigns they don't worry about pittsburgh taking one and they fill in the LT spot. Fluker isn't as athletic as the top 3 tackles but with 36 1/2 inch arms and experience against top competition at the position the potential is definately there to be a solid pro LT. I beleive this draft for the Rams will revolve around getting help in 3 areas, protecting Bradford, giving him targets, and improving the secondary. Check one off the list.

17.) Pittsburgh – Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
This guy struggled on tape against good big physicall offensive lines and it worries me. Still, this is a situation similair to Jarvis Jones in where he needs to beef up a little and where the scheme he is brought into won't require him to play every down and will utilize his skill set to get to the passer with multiple different looks, not always one on one head to head with the tackle.

18.) Dallas – Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
With the potential for anthony spencer to leave and the switch to the 43 and monte kiffin Montgomery fills in that other DE spot opposite ware. He's a good overall player who will see a lot of runs his way which is OK because he plays it well, and will get a lot of single teams in passing sitatuions due to Ware on the other end. It's a nice fit and the value is right.

19.) NY Giants – Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
The giants never draft for need, so if you are about to argue Teo or ogletree, don't. It won't happen. When I look at what is left, Cooper is probably the best overall player in the draft. True the draft is deep with lineman, but it is an area the gaints need to address, especially if certain people leave in FA. A staple that makes the giants of this era the giants is solid consistant oline play, which was not up to par last year and it showed in the season's results.

20.) Chicago –Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
I like Hopkins over Keenan Allen by a lot. I think he's a better playmaker and plays faster than he times with good size. Chicago needs to add some people other than Marshall to throw to that can be Consistantly Relied on, which they've lacked in their current core of other receivers.

21.) Cincinnati – Xavier Rhodes, DB, Florida State
Rhodes has been a steady riser. The guy has the potential to play corner but has the size to play safety, and so it is becoming a trend now that if a safety gets drafted in round one he has to be athletic enough to play man to man on a slot receiver, which rhodes can also do.

22.) St. Louis – Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
I'm thrilled with Austin, I think he ends up being the best WR that comes out of this class. The only knock people have on this kid is his size, and maybe some people don't like his attitude. He's fluid, he catches well, he's got great speed, and the production is solid. I think he'll be a great slot weapon almost like a victor cruz.

23.) Minnesota – Keenan Allen, WR, California
The exp is pretty much the same as chicagos, although they pick after so they get Allen. In reality the two are interchangable i beleive, some like Allen more, and he's probably a better fit for Minny being a bit faster.

24.) Indianapolis –Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
I'm really not crazy about my pick for them here but this was a tough one. I think OL or DL will be adressed and Jones can be a 3 down player in a 43 look where he plays end on 1 and 2 and maybe kicks inside on third. He's looked like a first rounder in drills and his production matches up, so untill someone explain to me why he couldnt go here or who would be better this is my pick.

25.) Seattle – Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Seattle loves athletic players it can develop to fit their scheme and this is a classic example. Although it may seem a reach, seattle is no stranger to that. Hunt would play DE the first two down and play inside when Irwin comes in. He's big enough to be a DT and athletic enough to be a pass rusher, and he should also block a few kicks for them. Great versatile player.

26.) Green Bay – Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame
My guess is the packers will let Jermichael Finley leave, and if greg Jennings does too I think they'll look to add another pass catcher. Eiffert IMO is the best TE this draft has to offer. Good speed and hands. People say Eddie Lacy here, but I disagree. You're the Green bay packers and you throw the football. You have the best QB in the game, it's your identity, nurture it, don't take a guy in round one who is only going to touch the ball 15 times a game. Instead get a reliable underneath and redzone target so your QB can do what he does best.

27.) Houston – Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
I probably know the least about Hunter than I do anyone else in my mock. That being said I feel like Houston needs a presence opposite Andre and 6'4 4.4 speed is a good start for anyone. The chirps i've heard are that this guy has a ton of potential so I'm penciling him in let me know what you think texan fans.

28.) Denver –Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
Yes Ogletree has some character concerns, and probably needs to bulk up. But the talent, athletic ability, and versatility are all there and undeniable. I think Denver will acknowledge talent-wise they are getting good value here and take the risk because of the versatility he brings in basicially being able to play any linebacker position.

29.) New England – Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
New England is a tough team to predict. Defensively they covet front seven people that can play in multiple schemes, but with ogletree DJones and Mhunt off the board there is slim pickings in that regard. So i'll assume aquib talib does not stay and they grab a DB to fill in the void.

30.) Atlanta – Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
This guy really hurt himself at the combine. Not only could he not bench, but his slow 40 shows that he doesn't even have speed to potentially convert into power to supplement his lack of natural strength. Huge red flags. He does have great production however, and I think as most people do his proday 40 time will improve. He need to get into at least the low 4.7's to warrant this spot however. What he does have going for him is that he's good against the run also, and at roughly 6'5 and already 250 he has the frame to beef up to about 260 and be a 43 end and every down player unlike Jones and Mingo. That accompanied with atlanta looking to secure their future at DE and his production keeps him in round 1.

31.) San Francisco – John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
The rich get richer. Jenkins has the potential to be a good successor to Soppoaga in the middle. The man is massive and is athletic enough at that size.

32.) Baltimore – Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
I like Minter over Teo although some will disagree. His balance and explosion appear to be better than the Manti. From an intangible standpoint Teo may be the better fit but There's just a lot of uncertainty around the guy, especially after his alabama game showing. Sometimes you have an off day, but I did like what I saw from Minter as well and for me right now he gets the nod to try and fill ray lewis's spot... good luck.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I've seen Hopkins to the Bears. I like it. Although I'd prefer Ogletree or Trufant
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Peters will start at LT next year. We don't need one. Give us Jordan.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
mrdv1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

And what about after that? You don't know if peters will be the same player. I just think Joeckel could be the best overall player in the draft and at pick 4 how can you pass on that, and because you have a LT for this year? If you pick top 5 again next year, it's a qb, and you better have someone to protect him long term, or say good bye to chip kelly real quick
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdv1 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

And what about after that? You don't know if peters will be the same player. I just think Joeckel could be the best overall player in the draft and at pick 4 how can you pass on that, and because you have a LT for this year? If you pick top 5 again next year, it's a qb, and you better have someone to protect him long term, or say good bye to chip kelly real quick

The year after this one Peters will start at LT again, the year after that I bet we re-sign for a few years and he is there until he retires.

There is a chance that chip kelly gets fired before jason peters stops being our LT.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
mrdv1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
mrdv1 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

The year after this one Peters will start at LT again, the year after that I bet we re-sign for a few years and he is there until he retires.

There is a chance that chip kelly gets fired before jason peters stops being our LT.

I don't think he'll be there that long or play at a high level that long I should say but agree to disagree. Still the best player in the draft at pick 4 is great value.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me Moore might not have lit up the combine but he is a football player and gets it done on the field. I'll take a guy like that all the time.

Last edited by FalconFan13 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't love Rhodes, but its a solid pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Don't love Rhodes, but its a solid pick

Agreed, the reasoning makes sense.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too high for a OG, and the Titans haven't taken an O-Lineman in the 1st first in years, especially interior O-Line. Star Lotulelei should be the pick.
boondock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Panthers pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mingo to the Steelers

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Vikings pick.

I will say that the drop of Moore to Atlanta is very unlikely to happen, even with a less than stellar combine performance he isn't going to drop that far because of his previous body of work on the field. Him and T'eo people are going to adjust way more than they actually will be on draft day. Moore is a top half of round one pick still and T'eo is a late 1st/early 2nd still.

sodakcowboy78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montgomery is a little high at 18 to Dallas...no way Moore makes it past Dallas and Cooper is a much better pick than Montgomery...toss up between Moore and Cooper

Peace
FREDDY T

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would def be interesting to see ansah at #2.

The fact that JAX overdrafted with the past regime has nothing to do with the new GM though haha.

Ansah has great upside!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: