Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears Re-signings Confirmations/Rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
Interesting...

So we can assume that our line next year could be the following:

LT: Webb
LG: Brown
C: ?
RG: Louis
RT: ?
I went back and watched Brown again in his start against Arizona and came away unscathed. I'm going to watch his 4 other starts today but I saw him get beat once where he lost leverage near the goal line, pull well (although not as athletic/fast as I would ideally like) and help spring Forte for a 15 yard gain, and do well enough in pass pro where I don't think he would be a liability (extends his arms well and keeps his man at bay when there isn't an immediate rush at him).

Here are his combine metrics:

6'3 306 34 1/2 10 1/4" 5.30 24 29.5 4.78 7.70 8'9"

His 40 and shuttle aren't "elite" but I think you can make some hay with this cat.

More and more I'm seeing Eifert at 20.
I dont assume that Brown will be a starter.

I don't assume anything this time of year, it was more of a "what if" scenario.

I wouldn't hate a line of Webb (simply because I don't think he's going anywhere), Brown, Rookie (Barrett Jones/Travis Frederick), Lance Louis, FA (or Gabe Carimi if healthy).
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JasonLaCanfora: At this point Jairus Byrd (BUF) and Michael Johnson (CIN) informed of franchise tag. Flacco, Clady and Melton sure things, too...
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If we sign TE Martellus Bennett and OG Brandon Moore

What would people think of this line,

LT: Webb, Armstead [2nd Round]

When Armstead is ready to play he starts at LT and Webb, who the coaches like, goes to RT.

LG: Brandon Moore [FA], Brown

Moore is a solid veteran stop gap who is not on a long term deal and when Brown is ready he steps in and plays LG and Moore is a key backup or his contract expires.

C: Jonathan Cooper [1st round], E. Williams

RG; Louis

RT: Scott, Carimi

These guys get to play until Armstead is ready to step into the line up.
Why wouldn't they put Armstead at RT and leave WEbb be? I would love to see him wind up on the Bears. But I don't see him dropping out of the First round.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@vxmcclure23: Bears and Henry Melton still ``on opposite ends of the world'' on a new deal. So, seems like the franchise tag ($8.45 mil) is expected.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2013...ions_star.html

"Henry Melton negotiations start at $18.59 million guaranteed

Barring a last-minute uptick in negotiations, the Bears will use the franchise tag on Pro Bowl defensive tackle Henry Melton by the Monday afternoon deadline.

By doing so, the Bears give themselves until mid-July to work out a long-term deal, as they did a year ago with Pro Bowl running back Matt Forte."
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
@vxmcclure23: Bears and Henry Melton still ``on opposite ends of the world'' on a new deal. So, seems like the franchise tag ($8.45 mil) is expected.

Brutal...but I didn't really expect the Bears to cave in to Melton's demands right off the bat. I expect the tag in the meantime with a long drawn out negotiation that might extend into the summer, resulting in a contract similar to Forte last year.

What does this mean for the Bears though entering free agency in a couple weeks? Well with only $13 mil in cap space and 8.5 of that going to be allotted to Melton that will only leave them with approximately $4.5m in cap space to work with and a bunch of roster spots needing to be filled. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

You can probably kiss any hopes of landing a big name free agent goodbye.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Brutal...but I didn't really expect the Bears to cave in to Melton's demands right off the bat. I expect the tag in the meantime with a long drawn out negotiation that might extend into the summer, resulting in a contract similar to Forte last year.

What does this mean for the Bears though entering free agency in a couple weeks? Well with only $13 mil in cap space and 8.5 of that going to be allotted to Melton that will only leave them with approximately $4.5m in cap space to work with and a bunch of roster spots needing to be filled. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

There are a number of moves the Bears could make to clear up significant cap room for a run for a FA.

I don't believe the Bears are interested in spending big this FA. But I also believe they have plenty of room to maneuver if there was a big name FA they did want.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mikecwright: Henry Melton's people haven't heard from the Bears, but they're definitely expecting the team to use the tag.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unrestricted free agent LB Nick Roach hopes to return to the Bears, but only if the price is right.

The Bears reportedly would like to re-sign Roach, but are not believed to have made him an official offer to return. Roach has primarily been a two-down player with the Bears, but showed that he's capable of playing in the nickel packages last season when he filled in for the injured Brian Urlacher. Roach is expected to generate interest on the open market when the free agent negotiating period begins on March 9. Teams can begin to sign unrestricted free agents on March 12.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

There are a number of moves the Bears could make to clear up significant cap room for a run for a FA.

I don't believe the Bears are interested in spending big this FA. But I also believe they have plenty of room to maneuver if there was a big name FA they did want.

I don't think they want to use up all of those restructure options now though because there's a very good chance that they will have to sign Jay to a very big deal next offseason.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I don't think they want to use up all of those restructure options now though because there's a very good chance that they will have to sign Jay to a very big deal next offseason.

I think we can sign 1 player of note.

We should have a budget of about 6 million once we re-sign the players we want to re-sign.

I fully expect Peppers to be released next season for the Cutler deal.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

We should have a budget of about 6 million once we re-sign the players we want to re-sign.

Yeah I wouldn't doubt that either.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't doubt that either.

As we discussed I think we will move 3-4 million into the last years of his deal and then release him in 2014 when we sign Cutler.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

If Wootten keeps improving or McClellin comes on strong that would almost be a guarantee.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CSN Chicago believes free agent Brian Urlacher would have to play for about half of his $7.5 million 2012 salary to return to the Bears.

And that is how much I would pay him as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: