Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears Re-signings Confirmations/Rumors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Jay Glazier on ESPN radio Chicago said he thinks that Carimi has to earn a spot in training camp; or he could get cut. He said he didn't get a high grade from the coaching staff. Said he cannot see Garza coming back.

But they really liked Webb and Brown, and Louis.

For me James Brown is the wildcard...he is the type of developmental player than Kromer has had success with in the past...if he can play LG in Kromer's scheme it would be a massive need filled.

The a garza stuff is interesting as most of us assumed that LG was a bigger need than C.

LT: Webb
LG: Brown
C:
RG: Louis
RT:
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Jay Glazier on ESPN radio Chicago said he thinks that Carimi has to earn a spot in training camp; or he could get cut. He said he didn't get a high grade from the coaching staff. Said he cannot see Garza coming back.

But they really liked Webb and Brown, and Louis.

For me James Brown is the wildcard...he is the type of developmental player than Kromer has had success with in the past...if he can play LG in Kromer's scheme it would be a massive need filled.

The a garza stuff is interesting as most of us assumed that LG was a bigger need than C.

C:
RT:

With all due respect to Jay Glazer, because I actually think he is a good reporter, he can't say with certainty what the Bears' plans are for the o-line next season. He may have just heard some Bears scouts or coaches talking about some of the players.

It's no secret that Garza is getting up there in age and is going to need to be replaced soon, perhaps sooner than later.

But I think it'd be premature to say that their going to let him go and have a new starting center next season, and that they're content with letting James Brown go in as a starter next year after some very limited and unimpressive action at LG last year.
KG1187

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Glazer is correct, Cooper makes a ton of sense with the first pick or maybe Schwenke in the second.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we dont bring back Garza then I'd like to see us bring in the C from the Saints.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was apparently Dickerson the guy who tweeted me may have been wrong.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we start James Brown week 1 but if they like him the. Perhaps they sign a short term fix like Brandon Moore who is older and a little cheaper and they get a year or 2 to develop Brown?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign TE Martellus Bennett and OG Brandon Moore

What would people think of this line,

LT: Webb, Armstead [2nd Round]

When Armstead is ready to play he starts at LT and Webb, who the coaches like, goes to RT.

LG: Brandon Moore [FA], Brown

Moore is a solid veteran stop gap who is not on a long term deal and when Brown is ready he steps in and plays LG and Moore is a key backup or his contract expires.

C: Jonathan Cooper [1st round], E. Williams

RG; Louis

RT: Scott, Carimi

These guys get to play until Armstead is ready to step into the line up.
KG1187

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind that off season but I don't see the Bears drafting o-line with the first two picks. Especially Armstead who would sit on the bench the first year when Emery said he wants immediate contributors in the first and second round.
Landru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If we sign TE Martellus Bennett and OG Brandon Moore

What would people think of this line,

LT: Webb, Armstead [2nd Round]

When Armstead is ready to play he starts at LT and Webb, who the coaches like, goes to RT.

LG: Brandon Moore [FA], Brown

Moore is a solid veteran stop gap who is not on a long term deal and when Brown is ready he steps in and plays LG and Moore is a key backup or his contract expires.

C: Jonathan Cooper [1st round], E. Williams

RG; Louis

RT: Scott, Carimi

These guys get to play until Armstead is ready to step into the line up.

Getting Cooper and Armstead with the 1 and 2 picks? That would be my dream draft. Dont think its going to happen though.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

So we can assume that our line next year could be the following:

C: ?
RT: ?
I went back and watched Brown again in his start against Arizona and came away unscathed. I'm going to watch his 4 other starts today but I saw him get beat once where he lost leverage near the goal line, pull well (although not as athletic/fast as I would ideally like) and help spring Forte for a 15 yard gain, and do well enough in pass pro where I don't think he would be a liability (extends his arms well and keeps his man at bay when there isn't an immediate rush at him).

Here are his combine metrics:

6'3 306 34 1/2 10 1/4" 5.30 24 29.5 4.78 7.70 8'9"

His 40 and shuttle aren't "elite" but I think you can make some hay with this cat.

More and more I'm seeing Eifert at 20.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Interesting...

I went back and watched Brown again in his start against Arizona and came away unscathed. I'm going to watch his 4 other starts today but I saw him get beat once where he lost leverage near the goal line, pull well (although not as athletic/fast as I would ideally like) and help spring Forte for a 15 yard gain, and do well enough in pass pro where I don't think he would be a liability (extends his arms well and keeps his man at bay when there isn't an immediate rush at him).

His 40 and shuttle aren't "elite" but I think you can make some hay with this cat.

I dont assume that Brown will be a starter.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
G08 wrote:
Interesting...

I dont assume that Brown will be a starter.

I don't either, but if they think Brown is a starter down the road at LG I doubt they sign a guy like Levitre.

More likely, and more financially responsible, to sign Moore for a year or 2.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Interesting...

I have watched the game against GB since I think you always learn more in a loss than a win and I think we have something in Brown…he gave up two sacks in the game on plays where he did a poor job of diagnosing who he was supposed to be blocking…that too me is an experience issue as well as maybe poor protection design…with experience he should be able to correct those issues…here were my notes…

Vs. Green Bay…

Positives…

Athletic.

Competitive and plays to the whistle.

Gets to the 2nd level well…will excel in Kromer’s screen game.

Moved Raji & Pickett in the run game on a few of plays.

Understands blocking angles.

Balanced…not on the ground much at all…plays with a wide base.

Mirror defenders well and faces up his man.

Understands his mistakes and seems to learn from them.

Negatives…

Not overly powerful.

Bends at waist when someone gets on him quickly and struggles to recover because of it…technique issues but is also down to a lack of experience…when the game slows downs for him he won’t panic as much.

Gave up a sack…Matthews lined up inside at ILB…Brown gets confused as to who he is responsible for blocking…down linemen or Matthews…in the end he doesn’t really block either…experience issue again.

Same again…this time gives up a sack to Matthews on a stunt with Matthews lined up at ROLB…DL moves to Browns left and Webb blocks him…Brown is already moving left to try and block the DL who now isn’t his responsibility and can’t recover in time to Matthews speed stunting back to his right.

Will have been credited with another sack which was more on Webb giving up pressure and Cutler stepping up right into the tackler who just happened to be engaged with Brown at the time…not really on him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown is worth further investment.

I do not go into 2013 expecting him to start.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Brown is worth further investment.

I do not go into 2013 expecting him to start.

I wouldn't go into 2013 expecting anything on the Oline...Kromer's scheme is very different to what Tice was trying to run last year...we could see some surprises up front.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: