Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears Re-signings Confirmations/Rumors
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Chicago Bears Re-signings Confirmations/Rumors Reply with quote

"Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
Expectation is #Bears will tender restricted free agent DT Nate Collins, who played well at times last season. http://trib.in/YVO9zn
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More"
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter Expects Melton to be tagged.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4682610/podcast-schefter-expects-tag-on-melton
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dickerson: Bears pursuing Roach.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4682607/source-bears-expected-to-pursue-roach
Landru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Schefter Expects Melton to be tagged.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post/_/id/4682610/podcast-schefter-expects-tag-on-melton

The only thing I took from that article is that Melton will be a Bear next season, not necessarily that he will be tagged.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chicago Tribune says the Bears will "probably" try to re-sign free agent CB Kelvin Hayden.

Hayden functioned well as the Bears' nickel corner last season, acting as the third wheel behind starters Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings. With the free agent cornerback pool exceptionally deep, the Bears won't have to break the bank to bring him back.

Quote:
The Chicago Tribune does not expect free agent CB D.J. Moore to re-sign with the Bears.

Moore was benched last season, falling behind nickel corner Kelvin Hayden. With defensive backs coach Jon Hoke still in town, it's unlikely the new regime will change their tune. Moore is out No. 38 corner available in free agency.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The Chicago Tribune says the Bears will "probably" try to re-sign free agent CB Kelvin Hayden.

Hayden functioned well as the Bears' nickel corner last season, acting as the third wheel behind starters Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings. With the free agent cornerback pool exceptionally deep, the Bears won't have to break the bank to bring him back.

Quote:
The Chicago Tribune does not expect free agent CB D.J. Moore to re-sign with the Bears.

Moore was benched last season, falling behind nickel corner Kelvin Hayden. With defensive backs coach Jon Hoke still in town, it's unlikely the new regime will change their tune. Moore is out No. 38 corner available in free agency.

Good and good. Hayden played well in nickel last year and Moore really regressed unfortunately.
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 34 || Interceptions: 1 || Forced Fumbles: 1
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Good and good. Hayden played well in nickel last year and Moore really regressed unfortunately.

Moore had a rough year and needs to learn to shut his mouth but I just can’t help but think this has Tim Jennings written all over it…very few if any wanted Jennings back at the end of last season…the FO were even looking at other options and when they missed out then went back to Jennings…he goes and blows up this year…Moore could very well do the same…remember in his first two year he had a combined 16 PBUs & 8 INTs…for a NB those are really good numbers…he will only be 26 years old during this season so he has plenty of time to come back…we made a mistake last year letting Graham go…I think it could be a mistake to let Moore go as well.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Moore had a rough year and needs to learn to shut his mouth but I just can’t help but think this has Tim Jennings written all over it…very few if any wanted Jennings back at the end of last season…the FO were even looking at other options and when they missed out then went back to Jennings…he goes and blows up this year…Moore could very well do the same…remember in his first two year he had a combined 16 PBUs & 8 INTs…for a NB those are really good numbers…he will only be 26 years old during this season so he has plenty of time to come back…we made a mistake last year letting Graham go…I think it could be a mistake to let Moore go as well.
I don't really agree that we made a mistake letting Corey Graham go. I'm happy for Corey, glad he's getting an opportunity somewhere, but really what was he going to do here? Its not like Sherrick McManus was a significant ST downgrade from Graham, and Corey certainly wasn't worthy of starting over 2 all pros, so what was the mistake exactly?

As far as TJ, as one of his biggest detractors for 2 years, again I'm really happy for him and his success in 2012, but I'm not ready to call him a star just yet, if he does it again next year, he's going to GET PAID by us.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I don't really agree that we made a mistake letting Corey Graham go. I'm happy for Corey, glad he's getting an opportunity somewhere, but really what was he going to do here? Its not like Sherrick McManus was a significant ST downgrade from Graham, and Corey certainly wasn't worthy of starting over 2 all pros, so what was the mistake exactly?

As far as TJ, as one of his biggest detractors for 2 years, again I'm really happy for him and his success in 2012, but I'm not ready to call him a star just yet, if he does it again next year, he's going to GET PAID by us.

Agreed entirely. And let's not act like Corey Graham was a starter in Baltimore at the beginning of the 2012 season. He ended up in a starter's role due to injury and fortunately for him he took advantage of it. Of course it'd be nice to still have him on the roster but he wanted an opportunity to start somewhere and he certainly wasn't going to get that in Chicago under Lovie Smith. Maybe you can blame Lovie for that one??

As for Moore, I just don't see him coming back considering Jon Hoke is remaining as the DB's coach. I like Moore's opportunistic style of play but IMO he's not physical enough of a player to start and when you consider his size to begin with I could see why they would want to move in another direction.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed entirely. And let's not act like Corey Graham was a starter in Baltimore at the beginning of the 2012 season. He ended up in a starter's role due to injury and fortunately for him he took advantage of it. Of course it'd be nice to still have him on the roster but he wanted an opportunity to start somewhere and he certainly wasn't going to get that in Chicago under Lovie Smith. Maybe you can blame Lovie maybe for that one??
Maybe if there was something to be blamed for, but I don't see how its anybody's fault since there is no chance in hell any of us would take Corey over Peanut and TJ so what, maybe he gets a chance to play nickel for us, when he's not very good inside the #s? Not every player who leaves, and plays well on another team is a mistake by the original team. Marc Columbo could not stay healthy here, left, went to Dallas and was a serviceable RT, are the Bears to blame for not keeping around a player who NEVER saw the field b/c of injury? Same thing here, IMO.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Glazier on ESPN radio Chicago said he thinks that Carimi has to earn a spot in training camp; or he could get cut. He said he didn't get a high grade from the coaching staff. Said he cannot see Garza coming back.

But they really liked Webb and Brown, and Louis.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Jay Glazier on ESPN radio Chicago said he thinks that Carimi has to earn a spot in training camp; or he could get cut. He said he didn't get a high grade from the coaching staff. Said he cannot see Garza coming back.

As we've talked about all off-season - I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a budget RT, draft an interior player (possibly a C), and have Webb/Louis/Brown in the starting lineup.

Lets grab some play makers with those first two picks.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Graham played at a higher level in the slot than Hayden did last year...obviously he wasn't going to start over Tillman or Jennings but he could have played NB.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

As we've talked about all off-season - I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a budget RT, draft an interior player (possibly a C), and have Webb/Louis/Brown in the starting lineup.

Lets grab some play makers with those first two picks.

It would seem that we need an OT, who know what happens with Webb at LT or RT, and a C.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

For me James Brown is the wildcard...he is the type of developmental player than Kromer has had success with in the past...if he can play LG in Kromer's scheme it would be a massive need filled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: