Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anybody smell a trade down coming ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft may be missing those 3 - 5 guys that are what we would consider Franchise/elite players, but overall this is a very good draft especially when we look at what types of players will be around in the 3 round. I would say the top 100 players are as good if not better then last years top 100. Granted that draft had the QB's but is Kalil better then Joekle or Fisher? Is Claiborn better then Millner? This draft has so much value between picks 10 through 100 hundred that it would be very hard for a team or even a Jeff Ireland to miss on all of them.

This may be a draft where it doesn't pay to have a top 5 pick, but it is a very good/great draft for a team with 5 in the top 90 . Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
I don't know why we are knocking the players in this draft. It seems like we are giving them all C+ to B- ... Granted, there isn't the QB class we all like and that may affect the production of the WRs and TEs, but the GMs are all expressing different views. I tend to agree with them

For a team that has offensive line issues like us. This offseason is packed with options. Now, I can picture Tannehill being able to make that 5 to 7 step drop and step up in the pocket in piece. I see WRs that can make that worth his while. I see DBs that can prevent that from happening to us. I see options.

I don't know if I smell a trade down, but I sure as hell can picture it. In fact I would do it myself. But here's the thing about having all these options. It takes away the element of desperation a team would need to trade up. That just means tougher negotiations, not impossible negotiations.

I don't know what you're talking about. The issue isn't the overall talent level, it's the apparent lack of superlative talent at the very top that would make someone feel obligated to move up to get, which is a prerequisite to a trade down. This draft is just full of guys who are a lot of guys you could argue might go anywhere from 11 to the early second round.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this one on twitter

DeesNutts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Dolphin looks like it should be holding an AARP card
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
I saw this one on twitter

Much better than some of the other ones I've seen, and it incorporates the lighter teal. I could live with this.
Russ57

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see a OT, CB, DE, DT, and maybe a QB that someone might be willing to trade up for. Problem is a lot of those picks make sense for us. Fisher/Johnson, Millner/Banks, Moore /Jordan, and even Lotulelei/Richardson could be wise picks for us. Some of the names could be changed for other players and some might even be a reach.

It would all depend on what I could get in return. If a guy like Star slips due to heart concerns but another team really wants help....I'd do it but I'd want mid to late first and top to mid 2nd in return. In short I want one of the top two TE's and one of the top two/three WR's in return for giving up a possible elite DE/DT/CB/OT.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only scenario I could see whereby someone would want to trade up is if Jarvis Jones fell to 12 and someone in the 20-25 range wanted to jump up and get him.

Given our lack of play-making ability I think I'd take a chance on him at 12.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I think a trade involving Miami will occur any day now. I believe it will be for Percy Harvin. Just a gutt instinct. I have not read anything to support my gutt. All is very quiet with Miami. They havent even announced a franchise tag yet. Something is happening.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
For some reason I think a trade involving Miami will occur any day now. I believe it will be for Percy Harvin. Just a gutt instinct. I have not read anything to support my gutt. All is very quiet with Miami. They havent even announced a franchise tag yet. Something is happening.

From our IP address to God's Inbox

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I totally posted that in the wrong thread, oops. :lol Laughing Well, it made its way into the right thread eventually.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

GM Monk has this....

I offer to the Vikings...

2nd rounder and Bess for Harvin

I'm still signing Wallace and Hartline and whatever is the best TE/WR with the 2nd rounder the team still has.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Ireland trading down if the right offer came in. For example, San Fran just traded Alex Smith to KC for their 2nd #34. If San Fran offered the #31 & #34 to move up I think Ireland jumps on it. I can also see Ireland trading 2014 picks for picks this year. He knows that if he doesn't get to the playoffs this year he is likely going to be gone anyway. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him trade 2014 1st for a high 2nd this year.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt trade to far back, #12 is a good spot for us. If CB, DE, LT, RG or WR is there take them (I dont mean reach but take the best player u can for a spot we need)

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts
Maddogg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:

GM Monk has this....

I offer to the Vikings...

2nd rounder and Bess for Harvin

I'm still signing Wallace and Hartline and whatever is the best TE/WR with the 2nd rounder the team still has.

At this point I would expect if the Vikings trade Percy Harvin that it would be solely for draft picks from the Dolphins. The recent CBA makes it much more papable for teams to deal with rookie contracts and their cap numbers than including a player. With Bess having a cap hit of 3.4 million in 2013 it would limit Minnesota making another move in relation to say a fourth round pick.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 14, Tackles 17 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 14 : Death 45 Joe 37
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

Harvin, yea that would be par for things, let Marshall walk to bring in, ASima ridden, dizzy spells Harvin. Just when I think this Franchise wont go any futher, they dig through the basement floor into the foundation.

Hope your wrong Ovaw

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-13 )
66.5% CMP - 2817 yards -20 TD's - 9 INT's - 92.1 Rat /RUSH 289 Yards 45 Atmts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: