Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Debate Over! CB Miliner is the guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take at 5?
CB DeMarcus Milliner
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Someone else
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
We are not going to draft Milliner, and he is certainly not going number one overall. I don't really see him going top 5 at all...

Like I said to Stylish.... who do you see them taking?
Warmack will make history.

If they pass on G or sign one via FA (They only have a hole at LG among the line), who do you see them taking?

Mingo, Flloyd, Jordan, Ansah, Jones, Werner, I can see any of them going before Milliner.

The only way they take a pass rusher is if they want to do something with Tamba but if not, they have two really good OLBs and it would be stupid to take someone first overall if they aren't going to play full time immediately. DE in the 34 is a need as well as NT, but can you see those two positions being a number one overall pick?

I can't believe a Lions fan of all people is still stuck on drafting for need.

a.) Dlines run heavy rotations
b.) Often Dline players take time to come along
c.) Injuries happen

No way on God's green Earth they are passing on a top pass rusher because of Tambi Hali, you can't be serious Laughing

There are 10 players easily I see KC taking before Milliner. Milliner is not even in consideration for #1.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:
We are not going to draft Milliner, and he is certainly not going number one overall. I don't really see him going top 5 at all...

If they pass on G or sign one via FA (They only have a hole at LG among the line), who do you see them taking?

Mingo, Flloyd, Jordan, Ansah, Jones, Werner, I can see any of them going before Milliner.

The only way they take a pass rusher is if they want to do something with Tamba but if not, they have two really good OLBs and it would be stupid to take someone first overall if they aren't going to play full time immediately. DE in the 34 is a need as well as NT, but can you see those two positions being a number one overall pick?

c.) Injuries happen

No way on God's green Earth they are passing on a top pass rusher because of Tambi Hali, you can't be serious Laughing

There are 10 players easily I see KC taking before Milliner. Milliner is not even in consideration for #1.

Tamba Hali is a really good player. I'm confused as to why you don't think so. He's been one of the better 34 OLBs in the last half decade.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:

c.) Injuries happen

Tamba Hali is a really good player. I'm confused as to why you don't think so. He's been one of the better 34 OLBs in the last half decade.

I never said he wasn't good.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than why would they Draft an olb when they have two young good olbs at the position already? Their weakness is on the DL and CB.
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Than why would they Draft an olb when they have two young good olbs at the position already? Their weakness is on the DL and CB.
You've brought up some very interesting points, but I still won't believe they'll draft Milliner 1st overall.

Maybe they take Star despite the heart concerns, but I bet they try their hardest to trade back. Then they'll go for Corderlle or Tavon.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

"You can never have enough pass rushers." Teams love stacking up on pass rushers, I know that much. Lotulelei or Floyd are still options anyway.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way Milliner goes #1, and I highly doubt he goes top 5. PP went 5 and was probably the best talent in the draft, Milliner is not even a top 5 talent

IDOG_det wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be upset if we draft 3 TE's

TE is the new QB Very Happy
nagahide13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Maybe they take Star despite the heart concerns, but I bet they try their hardest to trade back. Then they'll go for Corderlle or Tavon.

Pretty much. They'll be losing a bunch of value any way you look at it unless they trade the pick.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

"You can never have enough pass rushers." Teams love stacking up on pass rushers, I know that much. Lotulelei or Floyd are still options anyway.

I understand that, but when you are talking number one overall, you want someone that will play full time. I mean, I would at least.

Maybe they do take Jordan or Mingo. Hali did take a step back last year. But I don't think one down year after 4 elite years will make them think rotation involving the number one overall pick.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else like the fact that the debate is over yet his name is spelled wrong?

Sig bet
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Anyone else like the fact that the debate is over yet his name is spelled wrong?

I didn't put an L. Most likely phone error. Are you 5 points cooler since you pointed that out? Were you expecting multiple posters to respond in laughter? Does it give you confidence if people laugh at your jokes? Does this need for approval on the Internet stem from a problem in your marriage? Does your wife wear the pants? Does she make you feel like a little sissy girly pants? Do you buy her tampons?

Let's talk about it. Maybe we can help you.
carlande

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:

c.) Injuries happen

I can't believe that a Lions fan of all people is still stuck on drafting for benchwarming.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:

c.) Injuries happen

I can't believe that a Lions fan of all people is still stuck on drafting for benchwarming.

Never saw anyone suggest such a thing. Did you suggest it?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions had followed the draft format suggested by many they would have four or five LT of the future.

I think this draft will surprise many people.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
WillieYoungSon wrote:

Didn't think about this earlier, but they could tag and trade Brandon. That would free up some cap space, and they could get back some of what they gave away to land Alex Smith.

Luke Joeckel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: