Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Debate Over! CB Miliner is the guy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take at 5?
CB DeMarcus Milliner
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Someone else
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Debate Over! CB Miliner is the guy Reply with quote

Before the combine, the debate has been between a number of DEs who look like the BPA - Demontre Moore, Bjoern Werner - and drafting a more needed position with Miliner. But both Moor and Werner sucked at the combine. Moore ran a 4.9 and benched 225 12 times and Werner ran a 4.8.

The only DEs that looked good enough to draft at 5 were Dion Jordan and Ezekiel Ansah. However, Jordan IMO is way too skinny to play as a 4-3 DE (6'6", 248lbs) and Ansah, despite his size and athletism has never had the production (4.5 sacks as a senoir)

On the flip side, Milliner ran a 4.31 40, a 1.49 10 yard split, and a 36 inch vertical. I dont like to put a lot of stock in the combine, but considering that speed was his biggest concern I think shows that he can be an elite, shut-don corner at the next level

Milliner silenced the critics. He showed that he will not only fill our biggest need, but will be the BPA too.The debate is over, it's Milliner. The only question is will he be available?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going off of combine performances only, Ansah, Jordan, and Hunt should be the top 3 with Xavier Rhodes, Cornelius Washington, and Zaviar Gooden right behind them.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can go in the draft prospects thread TBH.

Sig bet
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes, the debate is over. We don't even need to mention the three offensive lineman, including the one who won the poll of who we would take at 5, because the debate is clearly over.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debate was, Milliner is a technician with great foot work and mechanics but not athletic. Everything I seen today was flip flopped. He was athletic but was poor in drills.
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
The debate was, Milliner is a technician with great foot work and mechanics but not athletic. Everything I seen today was flip flopped. He was athletic but was poor in drills.
You need great balance to excel in those drills, I'm sure his injured shoulder is hindering that for Dee.

Tape shows Dee runs with WRs as well as anyone, but he struggles to come down with the ball. I'm not worried about his footwork on the football field at all.
lions on top

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading that we've been actively in contract talks with Avril and haven't even begun with Houston yet, for what it's worth. I didn't even think we'd be taking a corner in the draft but after what I've seen I think taking Millner and resigning Cliff for a decent price, and I am an admitted hater of his production this year, is better than resigning Houston, who's good but just a 2nd corner on a good team, and getting Warner, Moore or Ansah (as much as I like what I saw from Ansah he'd just simply be a reach at 5).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
If we are going off of combine performances only, Ansah, Jordan, and Hunt should be the top 3 with Xavier Rhodes, Cornelius Washington, and Zaviar Gooden right behind them.

Exactly, if were going STRICTLY off the combine. 1st team All-American, Nagurski and Thorpe award finalist. Milliner always got it done on the field, the only knock on him was he didnt have elite speed, but he shows he does.

Ansah had 4.5 sacks, Jordan doesn't fit our scheme, and and Hunt is a small school, conference USA prospect. None of the guys you name got it done on the field nearly as good as Milliner did
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You need great balance to excel in those drills, I'm sure his injured shoulder is hindering that for Dee.

Tape shows Dee runs with WRs as well as anyone, but he struggles to come down with the ball. I'm not worried about his footwork on the football field at all.

Possibly. But I don't think his shoulder is that bad if he's working out right now. I think it's just a minor injury which would just effect his catching ability, and he never had that to begin with.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think Rhoades is better then him. I want Joeckel or Fisher, then Rhodes or Vaccaro
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Possibly. But I don't think his shoulder is that bad if he's working out right now. I think it's just a minor injury which would just effect his catching ability, and he never had that to begin with.
You've must have never hurt your shoulder.

When it pains you to lift your arm, then it will definitely sting to swing it and use it for balance. Plus he's thinking about it, which wouldn't matter in a 40 yard sprint. But in the other drills it could most certainly alter his focus.

Like I said, the game film doesn't lie. Dee has great footwork, he runs with WRs and breaks up passes as good as anyone. My top knock on him is his lack of game changing plays, especially since he's had plenty of opportunities for INTs and couldn't cash in. He hasn't forced fumbles, and doesn't return kicks. But he's a great coverage corner with limited experience and #1 NFL corner size and speed.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was worried about his injury but he looked good today.

Detroit is in a great position if Geno goes 1.

Regardless one of Joekel, Fisher, Warmack or Milliner should be there at 5.

Perfect

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How embarrassing. He can't even win a poll declaring him the victor.

I am confused anyhow. OP declares Milliner the winner after......wait for it.....a HORRIBLE combine performance.

Odd.
carlande

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner please.

The Lions won't win against Green Bay or Atlanta or anyone with a decent passing attack if they can't match up. The last thing I want to see is Rodgers to Cobb again and again in 2013.

This isn't a knock on Houston. He's good. Will he take another 1 year deal after testing FA as well as he's played the last few seasons? I doubt it. Will he come cheap? I doubt it. He was all alone last year.

All those mid-late round CBs the Lions drafted last year aren't starters. Despite all the pre-season hype, Bentley was good at Pass interference (couldn't turn his head around), but seemed a decent tackler before getting hurt. Green looked ok sometimes, nothing impressive. These guys provide uncertainty, at the most depth. Drayton Florence looked spotty when he was healthy and he was a camp casualty in Denver prior to ariving in Detroit. That's desperation. I've seen guys saying Florence looked adequate last year and it's depressing. He couldn't stay healthy untill the season was out of reach.

Is Milliner the savior and answer to the secondary? No, but Sean Taylor's ghost isn't sitting at the top of the draft and a capable cover-corner is. If he's paired next to Houston, Detroit could finally present a problem for Green Bay or any other team with an efficient passing game.
1King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
How embarrassing. He can't even win a poll declaring him the victor.

I am confused anyhow. OP declares Milliner the winner after......wait for it.....a HORRIBLE combine performance.

Odd.

Except he didn't have a horrible combine........

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: