You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Debate Over! CB Miliner is the guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take at 5?
CB DeMarcus Milliner
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Someone else
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author Message
LionsChamps201?


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 374
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher/Joeckel is the only other guy I would consider at 5. But I think both arent as good as Milliner and the better of the 2 guys is guarentee to be gone by 5 so we will be getting the lesser of the 2 (if at all). I just think Milliner is better IMO. But thats me. The only thing he did wrong in the combine is drop a few balls, but the game tape shows he's has good hands. Outside that, he's about as good as you get a CB
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsChamps201?


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 374
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
It's not over. Not even close.

There are a number of players who are reasonable selections at number five. Free agency hasn't even started let alone completed. Here is plenty of time for the team to make trades and at some point there is a limit to how many CB's the Lions are going to draft.

Given the young players they drafted last year they may elect to resign Houston or sign a veteran and see what youngsters can do at CB and draft a safety.

I agree with you the Milliner is in play at five I just don't think the Lions have made up their minds yet.

I think it may also be possible but not likely teams try and move up.


Still, if we sign 1 CB we still need another. A Houston, Milliner combo would be nice. And a safety at 5 is unreasonable (though I agree we need 1, 2)
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 27647
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
It's not over. Not even close.

There are a number of players who are reasonable selections at number five. Free agency hasn't even started let alone completed. Here is plenty of time for the team to make trades and at some point there is a limit to how many CB's the Lions are going to draft.

Given the young players they drafted last year they may elect to resign Houston or sign a veteran and see what youngsters can do at CB and draft a safety.

I agree with you the Milliner is in play at five I just don't think the Lions have made up their minds yet.

I think it may also be possible but not likely teams try and move up.


Still, if we sign 1 CB we still need another. A Houston, Milliner combo would be nice. And a safety at 5 is unreasonable (though I agree we need 1, 2)


What I was suggesting is the Lions may decide to see what the youngsters have at CB and draft a safety. The safety wouldn't be selected at the number 5 pick, rather in rounds 2-7 probably 2-3.

My point is simply its not a done deal.
_________________


Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsChamps201?


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 374
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

Milliner is not even top 5 prospect in this draft. So it would be impossible for him to be BPA at #5.


Scouts has him at #3

Kiper has him at #6 (though he has Javis Jones a #1, who has serious medical issues)

Sports Illustrated has Milliner going #2 to Jacksonville



If you want to cater this to the Lions, Dion Jordan is a 3-4 OLB, Sharrif Floyd is a DT,

So its basically the 2 tackles and Milliner.
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 27647
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Milliner is not even top 5 prospect in this draft. So it would be impossible for him to be BPA at #5.


Scouts has him at #3

Kiper has him at #6 (though he has Javis Jones a #1, who has serious medical issues)

Sports Illustrated has Milliner going #2 to Jacksonville



If you want to cater this to the Lions, Dion Jordan is a 3-4 OLB, Sharrif Floyd is a DT,

So its basically the 2 tackles and Milliner.


I don't understand what you're saying.
_________________


Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 36589
Location: Clio, MI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:

Scouts has him at #3

Kiper has him at #6 (though he has Javis Jones a #1, who has serious medical issues)

Sports Illustrated has Milliner going #2 to Jacksonville

Well, there's your problem, right there.

Like I said, Milliner is about the 10th best prospect in this draft.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RyanFuller003


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 20262
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsChamps201? wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Milliner is not even top 5 prospect in this draft. So it would be impossible for him to be BPA at #5.


Scouts has him at #3

Kiper has him at #6 (though he has Javis Jones a #1, who has serious medical issues)

Sports Illustrated has Milliner going #2 to Jacksonville



If you want to cater this to the Lions, Dion Jordan is a 3-4 OLB, Sharrif Floyd is a DT,

So its basically the 2 tackles and Milliner.


I don't understand what you're saying.

I think he's saying that Jordan doesn't fit our system and that Floyd can be ruled out because of Suh/Fairley, so the only plausible selections for us are Joeckel, Fisher, and Milliner.

I don't agree. There's still Warmack, Werner, Moore, Ansah, Jordan (he's similar in size to Avril or Willie Young, so don't tell me he can't play 4-3 DE here). Maybe others. There's still almost two months until the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beardorama


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Posts: 240
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
I think he's saying that Jordan doesn't fit our system and that Floyd can be ruled out because of Suh/Fairley, so the only plausible selections for us are Joeckel, Fisher, and Milliner.

I don't agree. There's still Warmack, Werner, Moore, Ansah, Jordan (he's similar in size to Avril or Willie Young, so don't tell me he can't play 4-3 DE here). Maybe others. There's still almost two months until the draft.


This. I don't understand how so many people (especially draft analysts) seem to completely write off Jordan for the Lions because they "think" he is a better fit in a 3-4. He is 6'6", 248 with elite athleticism and versatility. IMO, he will be fine in a 4-3 and will put on 10-12 pounds no problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can peg Milliner in as the top overall pick unless someone trades up for a QB. Chiefs resigned Bowe, traded for Smith and tagged Albert. With Albert and Winston being more than serviceable, I can't see them going Joeckle or Fisher first overall. They dont have a need at pass rusher and I doubt they take a G 1st overall, which is possible though. Routt didnt work out and their 2nd best corner is Arenas in whom is a nickle. We know Andy loves corners, proof by bringing in Nnamdi and DRC to team with Asante.

Milliner is the only logical pick, imo.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 14603
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
I think you can peg Milliner in as the top overall pick unless someone trades up for a QB. Chiefs resigned Bowe, traded for Smith and tagged Albert. With Albert and Winston being more than serviceable, I can't see them going Joeckle or Fisher first overall. They dont have a need at pass rusher and I doubt they take a G 1st overall, which is possible though. Routt didnt work out and their 2nd best corner is Arenas in whom is a nickle. We know Andy loves corners, proof by bringing in Nnamdi and DRC to team with Asante.

Milliner is the only logical pick, imo.
Crack kills
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
I think you can peg Milliner in as the top overall pick unless someone trades up for a QB. Chiefs resigned Bowe, traded for Smith and tagged Albert. With Albert and Winston being more than serviceable, I can't see them going Joeckle or Fisher first overall. They dont have a need at pass rusher and I doubt they take a G 1st overall, which is possible though. Routt didnt work out and their 2nd best corner is Arenas in whom is a nickle. We know Andy loves corners, proof by bringing in Nnamdi and DRC to team with Asante.

Milliner is the only logical pick, imo.
Crack kills


Who do you honestly see them drafting? If they bring back Winston, who is only 29 and has been a top 5 RT for the last 4 years or so, they have no room for one of the Ts. Albert is for sure their franchise LT. Proof is in the pudding. Winston is in his prime. They have no need and the Chiefs arent in complete rebuild mode as their record suggests.

So what do you think?
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 27647
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
I think you can peg Milliner in as the top overall pick unless someone trades up for a QB. Chiefs resigned Bowe, traded for Smith and tagged Albert. With Albert and Winston being more than serviceable, I can't see them going Joeckle or Fisher first overall. They dont have a need at pass rusher and I doubt they take a G 1st overall, which is possible though. Routt didnt work out and their 2nd best corner is Arenas in whom is a nickle. We know Andy loves corners, proof by bringing in Nnamdi and DRC to team with Asante.

Milliner is the only logical pick, imo.
Crack kills


Who do you honestly see them drafting? If they bring back Winston, who is only 29 and has been a top 5 RT for the last 4 years or so, they have no room for one of the Ts. Albert is for sure their franchise LT. Proof is in the pudding. Winston is in his prime. They have no need and the Chiefs arent in complete rebuild mode as their record suggests.

So what do you think?


You may be on to something. They won't draft Smith number one as a backup.

They are set at LT and I doubt they tag Albert if they were planning to spend the number one overall pick on a LT.

I doubt they take Warmack number one.

I'm thinking Jordan as a LB or DE. He provides flexibility. Milliner or Ansah.

Any way they draft they are going to probably make history.

To the best of my knowledge there has never been a CB or LB taken 1st overall.
_________________


Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 36589
Location: Clio, MI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see any way possible OF doesn't take Joekel. If that means moving Albert back to his natural position of OF or how it would work, I have no clue. But that is the big ugly going #1, I am all but certain of it. Maybe trade down and someone else takes him. I don't know,but he is it imo.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
I think you can peg Milliner in as the top overall pick unless someone trades up for a QB. Chiefs resigned Bowe, traded for Smith and tagged Albert. With Albert and Winston being more than serviceable, I can't see them going Joeckle or Fisher first overall. They dont have a need at pass rusher and I doubt they take a G 1st overall, which is possible though. Routt didnt work out and their 2nd best corner is Arenas in whom is a nickle. We know Andy loves corners, proof by bringing in Nnamdi and DRC to team with Asante.

Milliner is the only logical pick, imo.
Crack kills


Who do you honestly see them drafting? If they bring back Winston, who is only 29 and has been a top 5 RT for the last 4 years or so, they have no room for one of the Ts. Albert is for sure their franchise LT. Proof is in the pudding. Winston is in his prime. They have no need and the Chiefs arent in complete rebuild mode as their record suggests.

So what do you think?


You may be on to something. They won't draft Smith number one as a backup.

They are set at LT and I doubt they tag Albert if they were planning to spend the number one overall pick on a LT.

I doubt they take Warmack number one.

I'm thinking Jordan as a LB or DE. He provides flexibility. Milliner or Ansah.

Any way they draft they are going to probably make history.

To the best of my knowledge there has never been a CB or LB taken 1st overall.


They have Justin Houston and Tamba Hali at OLB. Once again, they aren't going to draft a player no 1 overall just to have them sit on the bench. This is a team that believes they can win now so they will draft a player that can produce right away.

Ansah would only make sense if they out him at DE, but is a 34 DE really worth the top overall selection?

Milliner is the only top 10 prospect that makes sense for them.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
I just don't see any way possible OF doesn't take Joekel. If that means moving Albert back to his natural position of OF or how it would work, I have no clue. But that is the big ugly going #1, I am all but certain of it. Maybe trade down and someone else takes him. I don't know,but he is it imo.


No way in hell are they going to tag Albert, just to move him to guard. RT is unlikely as it is. Only way I see them putting Albert at RT is if they dont resign Winston and they reach a long term with Albert, invalidating the franchise tag. But if they plan on letting him play with the tag, I just don't see how they can pay him that kind of money to play anywhere but on the blindside.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group