You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Debate Over! CB Miliner is the guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take at 5?
CB DeMarcus Milliner
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Someone else
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
The rookie contacts is only half the story. The evolution of the game is also a reason. Passing league. The running game has vanished in terms of importance compared to how it used to be. Sure it's still important, but not important enough to build a line around run blocking. Stylish made a mock and he was so giddy about how good the run blocking would be. Sorry, but thats not going to win us games. Thats not us getting our moneys worth for Staff and Calvin. We need to fix our run game to just take pressure off the passing game. Not completely turn our offense around.
soo we have to be a passing team because thats what the league has become..imo balance is the key..game management is a bigger key. if you wanna continue to ignore drafting or signing defence,youd think you';d atleast give them more then a few minutes rest before you go 3 and out..you are just wrong about this whole passing league bs. And why is it you want flucker so bad? you think he will be a good pass protector?

running game has vanished but a rb won mvp.... this is silly talk.

you wanna stack the line with a bunch of doms..

I want Fluker in the 2nd. Far different than top 5. And yeah, a rb won mvp but whens the last time that happened? And do you honestly think Minny had any chance going to a Super Bowl, let alone winning it?

And when I think balance, I think 50/50. Thats not key, imo. Running the ball adequately enough to make defenses respect it is key.
dude you said vanished... then why even want fluker. my term balance doesnt mean it needs to be 50/50 i was thinking respect it as well. but if its going good why not ride with it? which will all balance itself out. and imo minny lost because of the D not the offence most of the time.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
The rookie contacts is only half the story. The evolution of the game is also a reason. Passing league. The running game has vanished in terms of importance compared to how it used to be. Sure it's still important, but not important enough to build a line around run blocking. Stylish made a mock and he was so giddy about how good the run blocking would be. Sorry, but thats not going to win us games. Thats not us getting our moneys worth for Staff and Calvin. We need to fix our run game to just take pressure off the passing game. Not completely turn our offense around.
soo we have to be a passing team because thats what the league has become..imo balance is the key..game management is a bigger key. if you wanna continue to ignore drafting or signing defence,youd think you';d atleast give them more then a few minutes rest before you go 3 and out..you are just wrong about this whole passing league bs. And why is it you want flucker so bad? you think he will be a good pass protector?

Well the MVP's team happened to lose in the first round of the playoffs because the Vikings don't have a real quarterback.

I think it's pretty simple. You have to run to strike some kind of balance, but you don't build an offense around the running game anymore. You pass to build a lead early, then run late to chew clock and win the game. And if you happen to fall behind at some point? You pass to overcome that deficit, too. I'm not going to pretend the Lions' lack of success in the last two hasn't been due largely to the fact that we haven't had a real running back since Sanders retired, but moreover, it has to do with the fact that we've had a revolving door of jokers at the quarterback position until Stafford established himself in 2011.

I do think a big reason behind Stafford's regression last year is that we didn't have Jahvid Best and that Leshoure wasn't enough to scare anyone into playing the run honestly (we faced <7 man fronts more often than any other team in the league last year and still couldn't manage a reasonable running game). Yeah, a lot of that has to do with the line, and that's where guys like Warmack and Fluker are getting a lot of supporters. But the Lions are never going to be a team that runs the ball 50+% of the time like San Francisco or Houston because we aren't working with Colin Kaepernick or Matt Schaub here. We have a quarterback with elite tools and the best receiver in the league. We have a coach and an OC that want to pass. They're building themselves in the mode of the 2000's Colts or the modern-day Patriots. They could run, but they didn't *want* to run, because they were better at passing. That's us, too. I mean those teams had Edgerrin James and now Ridley/Woodhead/Vereen (which isn't a bad trio by any means; at least it's the best RB depth chart the Pats have had since Dillon retired).

Obviously the Lions can't continue to sit here and break the passing attempts record every single year, nor is a 70-30 pass-run ratio a good idea, but they want the ball in the hands of Stafford and Johnson moreso than they want it in the hands of Leshoure or Bell or whoever else they put back there.
comes down to the scheme. i want a mauling OL with atleast the ability to run.. you are putting your franchise Cj or Stafford in harms way. we need somesort of balance. thats the cool thing we have a qb but doesnt mean pass it 60x a game. you think your scaring teams because you have a guy with some speed behind a horrible run blocking team who cant even get to the next level? i dont even know how to respond to that but the OL is the issue. im telln ya they have a scheme that takes pressure off the OL in the passing game. Do they want to continue to run things this way idk but its working. so imo continue it but put some run blockers up in there.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I want Fluker in the 2nd. Far different than top 5. And yeah, a rb won mvp but whens the last time that happened? And do you honestly think Minny had any chance going to a Super Bowl, let alone winning it?

And when I think balance, I think 50/50. Thats not key, imo. Running the ball adequately enough to make defenses respect it is key.
dude you said vanished... then why even want fluker. my term balance doesnt mean it needs to be 50/50 i was thinking respect it as well. but if its going good why not ride with it? which will all balance itself out. and imo minny lost because of the D not the offence most of the time.

You didn't pay attention than. I said vanished compared to what it used to be.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Well the MVP's team happened to lose in the first round of the playoffs because the Vikings don't have a real quarterback.

I think it's pretty simple. You have to run to strike some kind of balance, but you don't build an offense around the running game anymore. You pass to build a lead early, then run late to chew clock and win the game. And if you happen to fall behind at some point? You pass to overcome that deficit, too. I'm not going to pretend the Lions' lack of success in the last two hasn't been due largely to the fact that we haven't had a real running back since Sanders retired, but moreover, it has to do with the fact that we've had a revolving door of jokers at the quarterback position until Stafford established himself in 2011.

I do think a big reason behind Stafford's regression last year is that we didn't have Jahvid Best and that Leshoure wasn't enough to scare anyone into playing the run honestly (we faced <7 man fronts more often than any other team in the league last year and still couldn't manage a reasonable running game). Yeah, a lot of that has to do with the line, and that's where guys like Warmack and Fluker are getting a lot of supporters. But the Lions are never going to be a team that runs the ball 50+% of the time like San Francisco or Houston because we aren't working with Colin Kaepernick or Matt Schaub here. We have a quarterback with elite tools and the best receiver in the league. We have a coach and an OC that want to pass. They're building themselves in the mode of the 2000's Colts or the modern-day Patriots. They could run, but they didn't *want* to run, because they were better at passing. That's us, too. I mean those teams had Edgerrin James and now Ridley/Woodhead/Vereen (which isn't a bad trio by any means; at least it's the best RB depth chart the Pats have had since Dillon retired).

Obviously the Lions can't continue to sit here and break the passing attempts record every single year, nor is a 70-30 pass-run ratio a good idea, but they want the ball in the hands of Stafford and Johnson moreso than they want it in the hands of Leshoure or Bell or whoever else they put back there.
comes down to the scheme. i want a mauling OL with atleast the ability to run.. you are putting your franchise Cj or Stafford in harms way. we need somesort of balance. thats the cool thing we have a qb but doesnt mean pass it 60x a game. you think your scaring teams because you have a guy with some speed behind a horrible run blocking team who cant even get to the next level? i dont even know how to respond to that but the OL is the issue. im telln ya they have a scheme that takes pressure off the OL in the passing game. Do they want to continue to run things this way idk but its working. so imo continue it but put some run blockers up in there.

Check downs to Best was our running game and it was highly effective and scared the ish out of defenses.

Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Check downs to Best was our running game and it was highly effective and scared the ish out of defenses.
highly effective? idk about all that.. it is to easy to game plan for this team period. its cool if you want to but i wouldnt continue to use my resources seeking 4.2 speed backs that dont last that long. we will never change until we build this D and OL up..we already have the 2 biggest piece you need the rest is gravy. if you think best makes this team championship caliber then theres no debate here because im just to far away from that line of thinking.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our playoff appearance last year I think speak volumes compared to what we did this year without Best. And notice how when Best went out for the year last year, our season went to crap.

I dont think it's a coincidence that when Best is in, we win. When Best is out, we fight for our lives.

flyguy1609

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only complaint about drafting Milliner is we drafted 3 cbs last yr and IF we resign houston that is four corner backs. i know none are true shut down cbs but it seem like over-kill.ideally trade down would be best and get a safety would be my #1 goal for us, if not i say go cb in rd 2 and de rd 1
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:
my only complaint about drafting Milliner is we drafted 3 cbs last yr and IF we resign houston that is four corner backs. i know none are true shut down cbs but it seem like over-kill.ideally trade down would be best and get a safety would be my #1 goal for us, if not i say go cb in rd 2 and de rd 1

Quality over quantity. While the guys last year showed promise here and there it is a huge concern.

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

Quality over quantity. While the guys last year showed promise here and there it is a huge concern.

Really the only one that's shown enough is Green, and he didn't look like a starter. Although he has the size/speed to eventually develop into one, he's just a depth guy until we see otherwise. Bentley won the starting job, but it was almost by default considering . . . seriously, who was he competing with? That said, there's no guarantee Milliner can come in and be better that those guys from day one, either. It seems very likely he should, but even talented rookie CBs get picked on pretty often.

I think safety is a bigger problem anyway. I don't think there's much arguing it. Our only safeties under contract at the moment are Tyrell Johnson (not likely to make the roster) and John Wendling (who, as we saw last year, sucks on defense and should never play anything but special teams). Delmas could be back, but he's not very dependable and, frankly, hasn't really improved since his rookie season. There is no safety going in the top five this year, so unless we trade back several spots and draft Vaccaro, this is going to have to be addressed in rounds 2 or 3.

Then there's the DE situation. Ronnell Lewis is the only one under contract and KVB is not coming back for sure. Willie Young is probably going to get a RFA tender, but he's frankly not a significant factor in the defense. Avril is probably going to get priced out. That means we "have" to take a DE early, too.

How about LB? Will we keep both Durant and Levy? Look to upgrade? I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that we could draft a linebacker fairly early either.

And that's just the defense. The Lions have too many holes to pick one and say "we must address this one thing" because there are only so many picks and so much cap room to go around. Unfortunately the Lions are going to have to count on at least one or two questionable players to fulfill big roles on the team.
Lions017

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather take someone like Eric Fisher. Move Reiff to RT. Protect Stafford. You can talk all you walk about offensive philosophies - whether we want to run the ball or pass or throw screens or go deep - but building a strong OLine helps all facets of the offense and protects our franchise QB. Build a good line and you can run the ball and pass extremely well.

I don't know, I'm just not enamored with any of the defensive prospects early in the draft. I don't see them becoming top notch players like I see someone like Eric Fisher doing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather see them spend there first 3 picks on the Defense its time to build on that side of the ball they have been patch working it for a long time now and it needs to end.The days of drafting 1st round wide outs have pretty much doomed this team for years and we need to focus on somewhere besides offense even though drafting a STAR Back like Peterson would be awesome I just don't see that guy this draft!

I say we stick to the plan build the back end of the defense either Corner or Safety some one we can count on for 10 years in the back end of the defense and if we use the first two picks on DBs it will make our back end stronger period.

I would love to see Trufant in the 2nd round he is a 1st round talent!

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsChamps201? wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
How embarrassing. He can't even win a poll declaring him the victor.

I am confused anyhow. OP declares Milliner the winner after......wait for it.....a HORRIBLE combine performance.

Odd.

Except he didn't have a horrible combine........

Maybe you should watch those drills again and get back to me.

If it wasn't horrible....then it was terrible....

I'll trust his game film as far as his technique and everything is concerned over a handful of drills when he isn't healthy.

Milliner had 2 concerns coming in, his speed (which he answered and was a resounding success) and his hands (which is still a question mark). I'm not saying it was a great combine overall or anything, but when I see or think "horrible combine" or "terrible combine" I think of someone like Damontre Moore who didn't add weight to prove he could be a 4-3 DE or even some 3-4 OLB who like them bulkier, and then he had an awful bench press and an awful 40 and didn't stand out (positively) in anything.

As for the question to the thread though, I agree it doesn't prove anything other than he should still be in consideration for the pick along with several other players.

I stated it seems weird that someone would be swinging from his jock directly after a horrible combine.

You state his combine wasn't horrible because his game tape is good?

I probably don't want to ask this, but I am going to go ahead anyhow. WTH does one have to do with the other?

I did misread it a bit and should have worded it better, but it still makes sense:

Milliner is a guy with great film, he didnt need to prove himself in drills like some guys need to. He isn't a tweener guy that might have to move to S (or a conversion DE/LB guy) that needs to show they can stick to a position or change positions. The combine drills are most important for those guys iyam. And that wasn't my main point anyway. The fact that he answered his biggest question mark with a great 40 time makes his combine average at worst.

Well, I don't think we are too far off here.

I never thought DM was or wasn't in question at #5. His combine has done nothing to make me feel better or worse about him. Personally, never questioned his speed. But I did think he looked awful in drills. Definitely did not align with game tape.

Which is what brings me to what my actual point was in the first place. I understand people around here can be a little....."full contact". But there really was no reading into my comment. It was as simple as it was stated. I just found it mildly humorous that he would declare DM the awesome can't miss must pick prospect of the century......directly after those drills. Gave me a little chuckle.

Nothing more, I swear Laughing

Did I say that? No i didnt. I said he answered the biggest question mark he had, which is straight line speed. Not only answered it, but a 4.3 40 is elite.

This is a weak draft class. There isn't a single player that is a "prospect of the century." Compare Milliner to the next best prospects out there...

Dion Jordan doesn't fit our system
Ansah didnt know what a football looked like 4 years ago (and more importantly, had only 4.5 sacks last year)

Im a big Warmack fan, but guards never go that high and Jonathan Cooper looks almost as good as him.

That really only leaves the two tackle prospects, Joeckel and Fisher. Both are good tackles and one of them are going in front of Detroit. Besides, IMO, Milliner is both the BPA and plays the position we need the most

So.Much.Fail.

Almost your entire post is incorrect. And I still don't understand how you came to the conclusion Millner was a lock for #5 after those horrible drills.

I suspect Fisher would be the pick if the draft were today. But apparently you and bigc share a magic 8ball.

Phreak your so wrong about so many things it's a shamethat you write so much.

You're willingness to ignore his superb production on the field at Alabama and focus on drills, which is essentially a glorified practice, makes me think you have something personal against him. And you are about the only person who thinks he had a "horrible combine." Check the sources,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/26/nfl-combine-defensive-backs-risers-sliders/1949373/

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110521&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000145535/Best-of-the-DBs-at-the-combine

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013.php <--- Has Milliner going to the Lions over Fisher, Ansah, and Warmack

The only point you may have is that Milliner dropped a bunch of passes at the drills. So what. That's 1 drill out of many and that doesn't match what he's done on the field. He had led team in INTs in 2011 despite being the 3rd CB, and had 2 INTs last year.

More importantly, Milliner was a shutdown defender in college. He was constantly matched-up against the other teams best receiver and handled them all. Milliner was 1st in the SEC with 1.67 passes defended a game. And he did it all with a major shoulder injury!

The only part of his game that kept him from being considered an elite corner is his straight line speed of a Morris Claiborne or a Patrick Patterson. But Milliner's 4.37 time IS comparable to Patterson (4.34) or Claiborne (4.5). So now that that question has been answered how is he not an elite corner???

What's more, the other players who were considered at 5 - Demontre Morre, Bjoern Werner - didnt have a great combine. Also, other players slated to go into the top 5 - Lotulelei, Jones - have medical issues. \

The only other players who I'd consider at 5 are on of the tackles - Luke Joeckel and Fisher. Personally, I think both players will be gone by 5 (Kansas City and Phili). Plus, Milliner is simply better. And we just drafted a OT last year. We could use another to replace Backus next year, do we want to draft back-to-back 1st round tackles? Id rather wait to 3rd round +. With our entire secondary in FA, and the fact that it was our greatest weakness last year, DBs are a much bigger need right now.

So bottom line, drafting Milliner will be drafting the BPA and our greatest need. Why would we draft anyone else?
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsChamps201? wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
How embarrassing. He can't even win a poll declaring him the victor.

I am confused anyhow. OP declares Milliner the winner after......wait for it.....a HORRIBLE combine performance.

Odd.

Except he didn't have a horrible combine........

Maybe you should watch those drills again and get back to me.

If it wasn't horrible....then it was terrible....

I'll trust his game film as far as his technique and everything is concerned over a handful of drills when he isn't healthy.

Milliner had 2 concerns coming in, his speed (which he answered and was a resounding success) and his hands (which is still a question mark). I'm not saying it was a great combine overall or anything, but when I see or think "horrible combine" or "terrible combine" I think of someone like Damontre Moore who didn't add weight to prove he could be a 4-3 DE or even some 3-4 OLB who like them bulkier, and then he had an awful bench press and an awful 40 and didn't stand out (positively) in anything.

As for the question to the thread though, I agree it doesn't prove anything other than he should still be in consideration for the pick along with several other players.

I stated it seems weird that someone would be swinging from his jock directly after a horrible combine.

You state his combine wasn't horrible because his game tape is good?

I probably don't want to ask this, but I am going to go ahead anyhow. WTH does one have to do with the other?

I did misread it a bit and should have worded it better, but it still makes sense:

Milliner is a guy with great film, he didnt need to prove himself in drills like some guys need to. He isn't a tweener guy that might have to move to S (or a conversion DE/LB guy) that needs to show they can stick to a position or change positions. The combine drills are most important for those guys iyam. And that wasn't my main point anyway. The fact that he answered his biggest question mark with a great 40 time makes his combine average at worst.

Well, I don't think we are too far off here.

I never thought DM was or wasn't in question at #5. His combine has done nothing to make me feel better or worse about him. Personally, never questioned his speed. But I did think he looked awful in drills. Definitely did not align with game tape.

Which is what brings me to what my actual point was in the first place. I understand people around here can be a little....."full contact". But there really was no reading into my comment. It was as simple as it was stated. I just found it mildly humorous that he would declare DM the awesome can't miss must pick prospect of the century......directly after those drills. Gave me a little chuckle.

Nothing more, I swear Laughing

Did I say that? No i didnt. I said he answered the biggest question mark he had, which is straight line speed. Not only answered it, but a 4.3 40 is elite.

This is a weak draft class. There isn't a single player that is a "prospect of the century." Compare Milliner to the next best prospects out there...

Dion Jordan doesn't fit our system
Ansah didnt know what a football looked like 4 years ago (and more importantly, had only 4.5 sacks last year)

Im a big Warmack fan, but guards never go that high and Jonathan Cooper looks almost as good as him.

That really only leaves the two tackle prospects, Joeckel and Fisher. Both are good tackles and one of them are going in front of Detroit. Besides, IMO, Milliner is both the BPA and plays the position we need the most

So.Much.Fail.

Almost your entire post is incorrect. And I still don't understand how you came to the conclusion Millner was a lock for #5 after those horrible drills.

I suspect Fisher would be the pick if the draft were today. But apparently you and bigc share a magic 8ball.

Phreak your so wrong about so many things it's a shamethat you write so much.

You're willingness to ignore his superb production on the field at Alabama and focus on drills, which is essentially a glorified practice, makes me think you have something personal against him. And you are about the only person who thinks he had a "horrible combine." Check the sources,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/26/nfl-combine-defensive-backs-risers-sliders/1949373/

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=110521&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap2000000145535/Best-of-the-DBs-at-the-combine

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013.php <--- Has Milliner going to the Lions over Fisher, Ansah, and Warmack

The only point you may have is that Milliner dropped a bunch of passes at the drills. So what. That's 1 drill out of many and that doesn't match what he's done on the field. He had led team in INTs in 2011 despite being the 3rd CB, and had 2 INTs last year.

More importantly, Milliner was a shutdown defender in college. He was constantly matched-up against the other teams best receiver and handled them all. Milliner was 1st in the SEC with 1.67 passes defended a game. And he did it all with a major shoulder injury!

The only part of his game that kept him from being considered an elite corner is his straight line speed of a Morris Claiborne or a Patrick Patterson. But Milliner's 4.37 time IS comparable to Patterson (4.34) or Claiborne (4.5). So now that that question has been answered how is he not an elite corner???

What's more, the other players who were considered at 5 - Demontre Morre, Bjoern Werner - didnt have a great combine. Also, other players slated to go into the top 5 - Lotulelei, Jones - have medical issues. \

The only other players who I'd consider at 5 are on of the tackles - Luke Joeckel and Fisher. Personally, I think both players will be gone by 5 (Kansas City and Phili). Plus, Milliner is simply better. And we just drafted a OT last year. We could use another to replace Backus next year, do we want to draft back-to-back 1st round tackles? Id rather wait to 3rd round +. With our entire secondary in FA, and the fact that it was our greatest weakness last year, DBs are a much bigger need right now.

So bottom line, drafting Milliner will be drafting the BPA and our greatest need. Why would we draft anyone else?

Milliner is not even top 5 prospect in this draft. So it would be impossible for him to be BPA at #5.

I have said it a hundred times, I like Dee, and I would understand the pick. And I certainly think he is in play for us. But to even mildly consider him a lock, or the debate is over or whatever you were trying to sell is beyond ignorant. You clearly have not done much homework.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and LMAO @ your "combine sources. 3 of them I would trust Big Bird over, and the other is in it just to sell a product clearly.

If you think what he did in drills was anything but horrid, you weren't paying attention. All they are doing is building up interest for the draft, no different from anyone else....it is how they make a living.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not over. Not even close.

There are a number of players who are reasonable selections at number five. Free agency hasn't even started let alone completed. Here is plenty of time for the team to make trades and at some point there is a limit to how many CB's the Lions are going to draft.

Given the young players they drafted last year they may elect to resign Houston or sign a veteran and see what youngsters can do at CB and draft a safety.

I agree with you the Milliner is in play at five I just don't think the Lions have made up their minds yet.

I think it may also be possible but not likely teams try and move up.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: