You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Debate Over! CB Miliner is the guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take at 5?
CB DeMarcus Milliner
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Someone else
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

1King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
I was worried about his injury but he looked good today.

Detroit is in a great position if Geno goes 1.

Regardless one of Joekel, Fisher, Warmack or Milliner should be there at 5.

Perfect

U guys really need to give up this foolish warmack crap, he isnt even an option at 5 i can promise you that

What else did your magic 8ball tell you?
He can't see. He is using a different type of 8ball.

Laughing

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
The debate was, Milliner is a technician with great foot work and mechanics but not athletic. Everything I seen today was flip flopped. He was athletic but was poor in drills.
You need great balance to excel in those drills, I'm sure his injured shoulder is hindering that for Dee.

Tape shows Dee runs with WRs as well as anyone, but he struggles to come down with the ball. I'm not worried about his footwork on the football field at all.

Upper body strength is key for balance and speed. I don't know the extent of his shoulder injury however if it impedes movement at all his balance and speed will be negatively effected.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Perfect

U guys really need to give up this foolish warmack crap, he isnt even an option at 5 i can promise you that

What else did your magic 8ball tell you?
He can't see. He is using a different type of 8ball.

Laughing

Honestly...that's what I was thinking when I typed it.
Lionsden5555

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Xavier Rhodes day was just as impressive if not more so than Millner's. He ran close to the same 40, tied the highest vert, and broad jumped 11 feet. All this at 6'2" 210 lbs.

On tape both are impressive, with a slight nod IMO to Millner. His effort is higher and more willing to tackle. Rhodes will tackle though. Rhodes in press is shutdown, I rarely saw him get beat. I think both will be successful pros but I feel a lot better about Rhodes at pick #15 then I do about Millner at #5

Trufant is moving up high as well, I think everyone had him moving up after the Senior bowl but now even higher. He's not making it to our 2nd round pick.

In the end though, if I'm picking #5, at this point IMO its between Fisher, Millner, and Ansah. I'm of course assuming Joeckel is gone. I'm not on the Warmack hype train though I do think hes very good, however I like Cooper nearly as much and think we can get a solid guard later in the draft or in FA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Perfect

I was against it for longest time but kid is good

Watching him in those pulling drills made me realize how good he can be for run game.

May be safest pick in entire draft

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
bigc421

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just for the record you guys honestly believe warmack has a realistic shot to be a top5 pick?
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
So just for the record you guys honestly believe warmack has a realistic shot to be a top5 pick?

I do. Mayocks said he should be in discussion for the Chiefs at 1. He is an elite talent and we draft BPA. On top of that we cut Peterman and have a hole at RG at the moment so it is a major need. Mayhew has talked about how bad we were up the middle and how we need to provide Stafford a pocket to step in to. So yeah, he is definitely in the running. I doubt he falls out of the top 10 if he gets past us.
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

I do. Mayocks said he should be in discussion for the Chiefs at 1. He is an elite talent and we draft BPA. On top of that we cut Peterman and have a hole at RG at the moment so it is a major need. Mayhew has talked about how bad we were up the middle and how we need to provide Stafford a pocket to step in to. So yeah, he is definitely in the running. I doubt he falls out of the top 10 if he gets past us.
Not to mention that if Bush really is our top priority, Mayhew has got to realize that he'll need to enhance that investment by solidifying the interior OL.

I may be wrong, but that seems to be a high priority with the release of Peterman and the restructure of Dom. Mayhew seems to be sending a message. At least I hope that he is.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

Not to mention that if Bush really is our top priority, Mayhew has got to realize that he'll need to enhance that investment by solidifying the interior OL.

I may be wrong, but that seems to be a high priority with the release of Peterman and the restructure of Dom. Mayhew seems to be sending a message. At least I hope that he is.
RG is a glaring need if we can't get Backus to play there, which makes me think that we will try to fill it through free agency, and I kinda hope we do because there are a few good options out there.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
for what record? you think your gonna be able to say i told you so or something? Chance will make a big impact on any team does it really matter that hes a guard.. you dont see teams starting to invest in their DLs? it might not be sexy but who cares. if the 2 top tackles come off the board top 5 i dont see him lasting much longer.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest problem is we needs lots of help.

2 starting DEs a CB 2 safeties RG C LT (unless reiff goes there then we need a rt) RB WR OLB and P.

Laughing

Future of our economy
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:

Just for the record....

There is no record......
bigc421

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

Just for the record....

There is no record......

Wow your smooth griffen.

Dont get me wrong i think warmack is a very very good football player, i just dont see him havinv any chance to vo top5. He isnt very versatile, cant play center or tackle...again we are talking aboug him goin 10 spots higher than any guard ever has.
You once were sure there was noway cam jordan would make it out of the top10....pulled that from the record
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

Just for the record....

There is no record......

Wow your smooth griffen.

Dont get me wrong i think warmack is a very very good football player, i just dont see him havinv any chance to vo top5. He isnt very versatile, cant play center or tackle...again we are talking aboug him goin 10 spots higher than any guard ever has.
You once were sure there was noway cam jordan would make it out of the top10....pulled that from the record

Is that your way of saying you are pulling the though Warmack cant go top 5 from the record?

How tiring.

1997 - pick 10 Chris Naeole OG
1986 - pick 9 John Rienstra OG
1984 - pick 3 Gary Zimmerman OG
1983 - Pick 9 Bruce Matthews OG
1982 - pick 8 Mike Munchak OG
1975 - pick 3 Ken Huff OG
1974 - pick 3 John Hicks OG
1973 - pick 4 John Hannah OG
1972 - Pick 8 Royce Smith OG

So again, you keep ignoring it, but OGs were often picked top 10 before the salaries became outrageous. Now there is a rook salary cap, so expect to see it again. Especially considering as a prospect, Warmack is better than most the guys on this list and this draft has no other blue chippers.

As you can see, in order to be picked 10 spots before Tom Mack, as you suggest, he would have to go pick # -9
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:

Just for the record....

There is no record......

Wow your smooth griffen.

You obviously have no clue how wrong you are. It used to happen frequently before salaries went crazy for rookie contracts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: