You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Debate Over! CB Miliner is the guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take at 5?
CB DeMarcus Milliner
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Someone else
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
How embarrassing. He can't even win a poll declaring him the victor.

I am confused anyhow. OP declares Milliner the winner after......wait for it.....a HORRIBLE combine performance.

Odd.

Except he didn't have a horrible combine........

Maybe you should watch those drills again and get back to me.

If it wasn't horrible....then it was terrible....
1King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I am confused anyhow. OP declares Milliner the winner after......wait for it.....a HORRIBLE combine performance.

Odd.

I'll trust his game film as far as his technique and everything is concerned over a handful of drills when he isn't healthy.

Milliner had 2 concerns coming in, his speed (which he answered and was a resounding success) and his hands (which is still a question mark). I'm not saying it was a great combine overall or anything, but when I see or think "horrible combine" or "terrible combine" I think of someone like Damontre Moore who didn't add weight to prove he could be a 4-3 DE or even some 3-4 OLB who like them bulkier, and then he had an awful bench press and an awful 40 and didn't stand out (positively) in anything.

As for the question to the thread though, I agree it doesn't prove anything other than he should still be in consideration for the pick along with several other players.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Odd.

I'll trust his game film as far as his technique and everything is concerned over a handful of drills when he isn't healthy.

Milliner had 2 concerns coming in, his speed (which he answered and was a resounding success) and his hands (which is still a question mark). I'm not saying it was a great combine overall or anything, but when I see or think "horrible combine" or "terrible combine" I think of someone like Damontre Moore who didn't add weight to prove he could be a 4-3 DE or even some 3-4 OLB who like them bulkier, and then he had an awful bench press and an awful 40 and didn't stand out (positively) in anything.

As for the question to the thread though, I agree it doesn't prove anything other than he should still be in consideration for the pick along with several other players.

I stated it seems weird that someone would be swinging from his jock directly after a horrible combine.

You state his combine wasn't horrible because his game tape is good?

I probably don't want to ask this, but I am going to go ahead anyhow. WTH does one have to do with the other?
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This draft is so fricking deep in DBS the Lions need to address there needs this season because of the talent available in the back end this season.

I love the speed there are about 8 guys with the right speed needed to cover NFL wide outs I don't Believe you past on the best Corner just because its a deep class you can still get one later this draft I say we need to draft 2 Dbs period.

This is the year to snag them I really like Trufant myself but there were a couple others I would love to also get in the 2nd round giving us some talent in the back end of the defense.

Yeah we need it bad DBS first two picks please Detroit!

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
1King

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Odd.

I stated it seems weird that someone would be swinging from his jock directly after a horrible combine.

I probably don't want to ask this, but I am going to go ahead anyhow. WTH does one have to do with the other?

I did misread it a bit and should have worded it better, but it still makes sense:

Milliner is a guy with great film, he didnt need to prove himself in drills like some guys need to. He isn't a tweener guy that might have to move to S (or a conversion DE/LB guy) that needs to show they can stick to a position or change positions. The combine drills are most important for those guys iyam. And that wasn't my main point anyway. The fact that he answered his biggest question mark with a great 40 time makes his combine average at worst.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone is clear number one corner I seen at least 3 that could argue they're the best Corner in the draft and I would be very happy with either of them in Detroit,

I wouldn't mind even seeing us snag a Safety if one blew up the combine but really none of them blew me away so maybe 3rd round or later!

CLEARLY this draft is deep at DBS!

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Odd.

I did misread it a bit and should have worded it better, but it still makes sense:

Milliner is a guy with great film, he didnt need to prove himself in drills like some guys need to. He isn't a tweener guy that might have to move to S (or a conversion DE/LB guy) that needs to show they can stick to a position or change positions. The combine drills are most important for those guys iyam. And that wasn't my main point anyway. The fact that he answered his biggest question mark with a great 40 time makes his combine average at worst.

Well, I don't think we are too far off here.

I never thought DM was or wasn't in question at #5. His combine has done nothing to make me feel better or worse about him. Personally, never questioned his speed. But I did think he looked awful in drills. Definitely did not align with game tape.

Which is what brings me to what my actual point was in the first place. I understand people around here can be a little....."full contact". But there really was no reading into my comment. It was as simple as it was stated. I just found it mildly humorous that he would declare DM the awesome can't miss must pick prospect of the century......directly after those drills. Gave me a little chuckle.

Nothing more, I swear Laughing
bigc421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
I was worried about his injury but he looked good today.

Detroit is in a great position if Geno goes 1.

Regardless one of Joekel, Fisher, Warmack or Milliner should be there at 5.

Perfect

U guys really need to give up this foolish warmack crap, he isnt even an option at 5 i can promise you that
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Perfect

U guys really need to give up this foolish warmack crap, he isnt even an option at 5 i can promise you that

What else did your magic 8ball tell you?
LionsChamps201?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Odd.

I never thought DM was or wasn't in question at #5. His combine has done nothing to make me feel better or worse about him. Personally, never questioned his speed. But I did think he looked awful in drills. Definitely did not align with game tape.

Which is what brings me to what my actual point was in the first place. I understand people around here can be a little....."full contact". But there really was no reading into my comment. It was as simple as it was stated. I just found it mildly humorous that he would declare DM the awesome can't miss must pick prospect of the century......directly after those drills. Gave me a little chuckle.

Did I say that? No i didnt. I said he answered the biggest question mark he had, which is straight line speed. Not only answered it, but a 4.3 40 is elite.

This is a weak draft class. There isn't a single player that is a "prospect of the century." Compare Milliner to the next best prospects out there...

Dion Jordan doesn't fit our system
Ansah didnt know what a football looked like 4 years ago (and more importantly, had only 4.5 sacks last year)

Im a big Warmack fan, but guards never go that high and Jonathan Cooper looks almost as good as him.

That really only leaves the two tackle prospects, Joeckel and Fisher. Both are good tackles and one of them are going in front of Detroit. Besides, IMO, Milliner is both the BPA and plays the position we need the most
bigc421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Perfect

Just common sense really. Its just the sheep effect. He is a very good player but he is strickly a guard with 0 potential to move to tackle and he isnt larry allen or willie roaf either. He just isnt the perfect prospect hes been made out to be. He has flaws and potential to severely disappoint just like anyone else.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Perfect

Just common sense really. Its just the sheep effect. He is a very good player but he is strickly a guard with 0 potential to move to tackle and he isnt larry allen or willie roaf either. He just isnt the perfect prospect hes been made out to be. He has flaws and potential to severely disappoint just like anyone else.

I suspect you are watching a different person than Warmack with those comments.

As a prospect I most certainly would have taken Warmack over the aforementioned. And he looks like twice the prospect of the next guy on the totem pole.

I would say the "foolish Warmack crap" is on your side after ignorant comments of that nature.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsChamps201? wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
1King wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Odd.

Did I say that? No i didnt. I said he answered the biggest question mark he had, which is straight line speed. Not only answered it, but a 4.3 40 is elite.

This is a weak draft class. There isn't a single player that is a "prospect of the century." Compare Milliner to the next best prospects out there...

Dion Jordan doesn't fit our system
Ansah didnt know what a football looked like 4 years ago (and more importantly, had only 4.5 sacks last year)

Im a big Warmack fan, but guards never go that high and Jonathan Cooper looks almost as good as him.

That really only leaves the two tackle prospects, Joeckel and Fisher. Both are good tackles and one of them are going in front of Detroit. Besides, IMO, Milliner is both the BPA and plays the position we need the most

So.Much.Fail.

Almost your entire post is incorrect. And I still don't understand how you came to the conclusion Millner was a lock for #5 after those horrible drills.

I suspect Fisher would be the pick if the draft were today. But apparently you and bigc share a magic 8ball.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Perfect

He can't see. He is using a different type of 8ball.

Future of our economy
Rockcity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me something.. who has the better resume Rhodes or Dee? all this on the field talk. lets throw the combines out the window, since they are similar. what makes Dee a top 5 i gotta hear this..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: