Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Trade? Reply with quote

Hey guys, you guys seem to have a real strong team from top-bottom. Last season we traded with you guys. Since this seems to be a deep draft and not as top heavy would you be happy if a trade like this went down?

Tampa gives our 2nd (45th) and 3rd (205th) for your 1st (28th)

Not sure how much it is used but points off of the trade chart come to 655-650.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade? Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Hey guys, you guys seem to have a real strong team from top-bottom. Last season we traded with you guys. Since this seems to be a deep draft and not as top heavy would you be happy if a trade like this went down?

Yep send it on over

Props to Jamison on the sig
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can pick trades be done pre draft or only while? Either way... I would also lean towards doing it. Unless one of my three top prospects for the 28th pick (Cooper, Brown, Austin) would still be on the board.

Who do you and your forum target?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
FabrizioHC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Can pick trades be done pre draft or only while? Either way... I would also lean towards doing it. Unless one of my three top prospects for the 28th pick (Cooper, Brown, Austin) would still be on the board.

You can trade before the draft. Look at what the Redskins and the Rams did last year, they traded like a month before.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FabrizioHC wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

You can trade before the draft. Look at what the Redskins and the Rams did last year, they traded like a month before.

That's right. Completely forgot that. My bad.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
FabrizioHC wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

That's right. Completely forgot that. My bad.

Trades moving up and down only happen pre-draft for top picks, where the team moving up knows who theyre taking. Dealing with 28 & 45 we would wait to see whose actually available before pulling the trigger on a move down.

On a housekeeping note. All ideas for pick trades can be placed in here. Lets not get crazy posting completely random pick trades and cluttering the forum. So keep those ideas within this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade? Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Im not doing this pre-draft. No way Jose.

Whose left at 28? Did one of the top DT's fall? WR's? Top OG/OT?

Too many different things that factor into my decision. So right now, I respectfully decline that offer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya. Like everyone else said, I would only be down to do this deal on draft day. The value is great though. I could see TB going with Rhodes at #13 then offering a deal like this to ensure they get Ertz or Eifert.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
On a housekeeping note. All ideas for pick trades can be placed in here. Lets not get crazy posting completely random pick trades and cluttering the forum. So keep those ideas within this thread.

Here are many possible trades. Here's a few:

Tampa's 2nd (#45) and 3rd (#73) for Denver's #28. Points: 675 vs 660
Miami's two 2nds (#42 and #54) for #28 and 3rd (#92). Points: 840 vs 792
Miami's 2nd (#42) and 3rd (#82) for #28. Points: 660 vs 660
Miami's 2nd (#54) and 3rd (#77) and 4th (#108) for #28. Points: 643 vs 660

The Tampa trade has potential. However, Miami's #42 pick look better.

All possible trades only make sense if Denver isn't targeting a player at #28. This draft is deep in DL and OL players so Denver could trade back and still get a quality player.

Many more draft pick trades are possible if Denver trades a player. Maybe trade DJ or Mays to get another pick (assuming the other team doesn't want to risk not getting them if they are cut).

EDIT: Fixed the Tampa Bay trade details.

Last edited by bobdevine on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Trade? Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Don't you mean 3rd ( 77th)?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Trade? Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Too many different things that factor into my decision. So right now, I respectfully decline that offer.

probably add CB to that list. I really think that in one of those areas there will be an elite talent that drops for some reason or another. and is available at 28.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Trade? Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

probably add CB to that list. I really think that in one of those areas there will be an elite talent that drops for some reason or another. and is available at 28.

I get what you're saying AKRNA and if someone that Elway/Fox love drops to 28 then I'm sure they'll gladly take him, but I don't think there's many 'elite' prospects in this draft. I think there's probably 40-50 players that could realistically go in the first so that's why I believe Elway/Fox will take a long, hard look at trading down. IMO the talent available at 28 compared to say at 45 is very similar and adding an extra 3rd in a draft like this would go a long way towards adding depth at all layers of this team.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade? Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

I get what you're saying AKRNA and if someone that Elway/Fox love drops to 28 then I'm sure they'll gladly take him, but I don't think there's many 'elite' prospects in this draft. I think there's probably 40-50 players that could realistically go in the first so that's why I believe Elway/Fox will take a long, hard look at trading down. IMO the talent available at 28 compared to say at 45 is very similar and adding an extra 3rd in a draft like this would go a long way towards adding depth at all layers of this team.

Trading down won't surprise me. I just think we've got a good chance of having an "impact" player still available. Looking at BPA in a variety of positions, not just one or two really increases our chances that one "impact" player will fall.

Sort of like DeCastro and the DT's last year.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Here are many possible trades. Here's a few:

Tampa's 2nd (#45) and 3rd (#73) for Denver's #28. Points: 675 vs 660
Miami's two 2nds (#42 and #54) for #28 and 3rd (#92). Points: 840 vs 792
Miami's 2nd (#42) and 3rd (#82) for #28. Points: 660 vs 660
Miami's 2nd (#54) and 3rd (#77) and 4th (#108) for #28. Points: 643 vs 660

Those are great trade proposals but somewhat unrealistic. I'm not sure those trade values are used much anymore by teams. Last year we moved from 25 to 34 and all we got for it was a high 4th.

There two things, both of which seem like real possibilities, that Elway could do in this drat that really tick me off.

1. Draft Manti Te'o
2. Trade down and get hosed value wise again. If we move down from more 10 spots from 28 we better damn well get AT LEAST a high 3rd, if not more.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
eddie mac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's gonna be a long 3rd rd if it runs through 205 selections. Laughing

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: