Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Completed GM Mock for the Bucs... thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Thoughts, if this was your offseason?
I would raise a glass and smile!
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Mixed emotions, but I wouldn't punch the wall.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Would end up in jail for murder... you suck!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Completed GM Mock for the Bucs... thoughts? Reply with quote

QB - Josh Freeman, Tyler Wilson, Dan Orlovsky
RB - Doug Martin, LaGarrette Blount, Johnathan Franklin, D.J. Ware
FB - Erik Lorig

TE - Dallas Clark, John Carlson, Luke Stocker, Nate Byham
WR - Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Cobi Hamilton,
___ Tiquan Underwood, Roscoe Perrish, Chris Owusu

LT- Donald Penn, Derek Hardman
LG- Carl Nicks, Desmond Wynn
OC - Jeremy Zuttah, Ted Larson
RG- Davin Joseph, Jamon Meredith
RT- Demar Dotson vs Terron Armstead

RE - Da'Quan Bowers, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim
RDT - Sheldon Richardson + Roy Miller
LDT - Gerald McCoy, Lezarius Levingston
LE - Michael Bennett, Adrian Clayborn

WLB - Lavonte David, Jacob Cutrera
MLB - Mason Foster, Najee Goode
SLB - Gerald Hodges, Adam Hayward vs Dekoda Watson

LCB - Desmond Trufant, Leonard Johnson
RCB - Eric Wright, E.J. Biggers
NCB - Aaron Ross vs Stanford Routt

FS - Ronde Barber, Ahmad Black, Keith Tandy
SS - Mark Barron, Cody Grimm

LS - Andrew Economos
K - Conner Barth
P - Mike Koenan

With the #13 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft...
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select....

The Bucs needed to add quality to their interior DL, and Richardson also happens to be the BPA on our board. Gerald McCoy is a stud and Roy Miller was very solid as a run stuffer. Richardson will rotate in with Miller in year 1 when down and distance call for it, and depending on whether they are facing opponents with a dangerous power run attack or open pass attack.

With the #43 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft...

Great value here, and Trufant will immediately compete to start vs veterans Eric Wright and Aaron Ross. The Bucs had a great run D but one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Adding Trufant will give them a major boost in that department.

With the #73 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft...

Ridiculous value here. Josh Freeman has more to prove, and Chiano brings in a young and talented QB to develop and push Josh. Besides that, the Bucs had nothing encouraging in the QB backup stable.

With the #109 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft....

With the #123 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft....

With the #140 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft...

With the #171 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft...

Transactions :

Bucs sign CB / Aaron Ross in FA
Bucs sign CB / Stanford Routt in FA
Bucs release DL / Gary Gibson
Bucs sign TE / John Carlson
Bucs release CB / Myron Lewis
Bucs release OG / Roger Allen

___
NotoriouZ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see this happening, but i'd ecstatic if it did.
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Sheldon Richardson pick a lot, hes a stud. The draft is very top heavy in Dline and I would love to get one of the better dline players.

I dont think Trufant will be available in round 2, he will go above Banks as the 3rd Cornerback taken in late to middle of round 1.

I hate the Tyler Wilson pick, hes a dud in a lousy qb class. EJ Manuel would be a much better pick if hes available in the 3rd but I wouldnt value him enough to take him in the 2nd.

Not really a fan of Terron Armstead either, hes a combine draft board climber thats a workout warrior. I would rather have Xavier Nixon in the 4th or Brennan Williams in the 5th.

I Like Gerald Hodges and in the 4th hes good value. Personally, if I wanted an OLB I would go Zavier Gooden in round 3, but Hodges is still a good pick in the 4th.

With all the receiver talent in this years early and middle rounds I would be pretty disapointed if we selected Hamilton out of all the options. I would even take Tavon Austin in round 1, hes a flat out stud and will be a star. But I really like Marquise Goodwin as a slot, Tavarres King in the 4th, Ryan Swope as a slot guy in the 4th as well. At this point in the draft I would rather even take a chance on Denard Robinson over Hamilton.

I dont think theres any way that Franklin is available in the 6th. I see him as a 3-4 round guy. He would however be a good compliment to Martin, but I dont think we use a 4th rounder on a backup rb.

Aaron Ross and Stanford Routt would not be upgrades really in our secondary. If you watched the Bucs vs Chiefs game this year Mike Williams absolutely embarrassed Routt the entire game, I even felt bad for the dude.

Carlson would be an okay signing if hes available and healthy. There are better TE options out there though.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ keep in mind, this IS how the draft fell. So yeah, I feel I got great value at many spots.. particularly with Trufant and Franklin.

I was so close to making Manuel the QB pick, but I went with "perceived value" and took Wilson... ooops.

I could have taken King at WR there... it was close, as I was preferring a faster slot option.. but again, felt Hamilton was the better value... and his speed numbers were not really far off from King anyway.

Teams cut Ross and Routt, so I quickly scooped them up.. as I knew you guys had CB issues. They won't be needed for more than vet depth, so I said what the hell.

Thanks for your thoughts so far...

___
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good. Dont like taking a QB early. Rather use that pick on a TE, OLB, S, WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: