Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Combine Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I really like this draft a couple points.

-I really like the Eifert pick I think he does a lot for us while representing a good value.

-I like Armstead as a developmental guy, but you need to know that Bushrod will go to RT when he is ready. If Armstead is ready in 2014 and you signed Bushrod for 5 years he will have to move.

-Kenny Stills is in the 4th round of my new mock, nice cheap speed option.

-I would rather us draft a DE then a 2nd TE. With peppers and izzy being gone soon I would like to strike gold in the late rounds with a rotational DE that can support Wootton and McClellin by 2014.
Kenny Stills isnt just some speed option. He has a complete game. I'd be surprised if he doesnt go day 2. He's a really good player.
chitownstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this offseason.

However, I don't see us being able to trade down and still pick up Eifert. Prototype TE's are a premium in the NFL and I think his stock is going to rise on draft day even though TE historically are not drafted that high
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chitownstar wrote:
I really like this offseason.

However, I don't see us being able to trade down and still pick up Eifert. Prototype TE's are a premium in the NFL and I think his stock is going to rise on draft day even though TE historically are not drafted that high

This was a concern but two things made me think it was worth the trade down…

1. The 6 teams between us and HOUs are CIN (Gresham)…STL (much bigger needs)…MIN (Rudolph)…IND (Fleener & Allen)…SEA (Miller)…GB (Findley (for now) but again defensive needs)…there isn’t much need on those teams for a TE.

2. If we miss on Eifert I feel Ertz is a good enough option to warrant picking up an extra 3rd and still being able to take him.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

-I really like the Eifert pick I think he does a lot for us while representing a good value.

-I like Armstead as a developmental guy, but you need to know that Bushrod will go to RT when he is ready. If Armstead is ready in 2014 and you signed Bushrod for 5 years he will have to move.

-I would rather us draft a DE then a 2nd TE. With peppers and izzy being gone soon I would like to strike gold in the late rounds with a rotational DE that can support Wootton and McClellin by 2014.
Kenny Stills isnt just some speed option. He has a complete game. I'd be surprised if he doesnt go day 2. He's a really good player.

For me Stills will be there not because of his play...but because of his off-field issues which will drop him a little.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

For me Stills will be there not because of his play...but because of his off-field issues which will drop him a little.
What has he done? I can't say that surprises me though. He seems to have that attitude.

Also I'm watching the LBs and Mayock just talked about Gooden having poor instincts.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

What has he done? I can't say that surprises me though. He seems to have that attitude.

Also I'm watching the LBs and Mayock just talked about Gooden having poor instincts.

That's Mayock's opinion...plenty of times we all agree or disagree with analysts...like I said he looks like he knows where he has to be and has the range to get there on film...

Stills was arrested for DUI in 2011 & has had some run ins with coaches in OU...plenty of maturity questions.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

That's Mayock's opinion...plenty of times we all agree or disagree with analysts...like I said he looks like he knows where he has to be and has the range to get there on film...

Stills was arrested for DUI in 2011 & has had some run ins with coaches in OU...plenty of maturity questions.
That doesnt surprise me with Stills. With this being a deep WR class I could see him falling but I think he would be one of the top WRs in this class if it wasnt for that.
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this mock draft. Just unsure of the double dipping of TEs. We have Rodriguez already, I don't think we will carry 5-6 TE. Maybe a Qb, db, or de instead of the Te in the late round.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCalBearsFan54 wrote:
I really like this mock draft. Just unsure of the double dipping of TEs. We have Rodriguez already, I don't think we will carry 5-6 TE. Maybe a Qb, db, or de instead of the Te in the late round.

I still feel E-Rod is our FB next year and not a TE...he showed enough on film as a blocker to stick at that spot and be used as a mismatch...then I think we would have to grab two TEs if we get rid of both Davis & Spaeth who's salary is a little too high for what he offers IMO.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you could even take the trade down out of it and still have a really solid draft of you are worried,

1[20] TE Tyler Eifert [Notre Dame]

2[50] OT Terron Armstead [Arkansas Pine Bluff]

4. LB Jon Bostic [Florida]

5. WR Tavarres King [Georgia]

6. DE/DT
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for Madmike90...do you think Eifert is a better prospect than Greg Olsen was coming in?

He reminds me of Olsen in some ways except that he doesn't have the same speed, and Olsen ended up going 31st overall his draft year and was the first TE to be drafted.

I'm thinking that if the Bears have a TE ranked high on their board going into the 1st then they'll be able to trade down to get him ie. Eifert or Ertz.

FYI I like the next two picks in Armstead and Gooden, I'm just not sure after that combine if Armstead lasts til the Bears pick in the 2nd.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Question for Madmike90...do you think Eifert is a better prospect than Greg Olsen was coming in?

He reminds me of Olsen in some ways except that he doesn't have the same speed, and Olsen ended up going 31st overall his draft year and was the first TE to be drafted.

I'm thinking that if the Bears have a TE ranked high on their board going into the 1st then they'll be able to trade down to get him ie. Eifert or Ertz.

FYI I like the next two picks in Armstead and Gooden, I'm just not sure after that combine if Armstead lasts til the Bears pick in the 2nd.

Coming into his senior season I would have said no…because Eifert didn’t have the physical upside of Olsen as a receiver…but during Eifert’s senior season he provide to be a far better blocker than Olsen ever was in college while still being productive as a receiving threat…I think Eifert tested a little better than many expected also so I reckon he could go higher…also that 07 draft was loaded with top talent…I don’t see the elite talent in this year’s class but a lot of depth…

For me that is where the combine has moved Armstead to…Emery said it himself…the combine is about taking two prospects who are ranked closely and separating them…it’s not so much about forming an entirely different opinion on a guy…I think he would have been a late 2nd – early 3rd round prospect who has now moved up to the middle of the 2nd…but then again there is so much of a likeness with a lot of these prospects that they could really come off the board in any order…guys like Armstead, Watson, Long (if someone thinks he can play LT) Faulk could all come off the board around the same time depending on what teams are running and how interviews and medicals went…I think this draft is almost impossible to predict.
51to54

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture of Gooden makes him look like a CB or perhaps safety.

Maybe the ref behind him is 6'8" and 320 pounds?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Coming into his senior season I would have said no…because Eifert didn’t have the physical upside of Olsen as a receiver…but during Eifert’s senior season he provide to be a far better blocker than Olsen ever was in college while still being productive as a receiving threat…I think Eifert tested a little better than many expected also so I reckon he could go higher…also that 07 draft was loaded with top talent…I don’t see the elite talent in this year’s class but a lot of depth…

For me that is where the combine has moved Armstead to…Emery said it himself…the combine is about taking two prospects who are ranked closely and separating them…it’s not so much about forming an entirely different opinion on a guy…I think he would have been a late 2nd – early 3rd round prospect who has now moved up to the middle of the 2nd…but then again there is so much of a likeness with a lot of these prospects that they could really come off the board in any order…guys like Armstead, Watson, Long (if someone thinks he can play LT) Faulk could all come off the board around the same time depending on what teams are running and how interviews and medicals went…I think this draft is almost impossible to predict.
The #4 or 5 OT in a weak QB class, I think Armstead is a likely 1st rounder at this point.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

The #4 or 5 OT in a weak QB class, I think Armstead is a likely 1st rounder at this point.

I would not rule it out at this point.

The guy was unknown because he played at a tiny division 2 school.

Since then,

-Dominated the East/West Game
-Looked good at the Senior Bowl
-Blew away the Combine.

This guy is on a Duane Brown type rise from the 3-4th and he could go in the 1st.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: