Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Combine Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22689
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Post Combine Mock Reply with quote

Resign…

RB…Armando Allen (ERFA)
OG…Lance Louis
OT…Jonathan Scott
UT…Henry Melton
UT…Nate Collins (RFA)
DE…Israel Idonije
LB…Brian Urlacher
LB...Geno Hayes
LB…Nick Roach
CB…D.J Moore
CB…Kelvin Hayden
CB…Zach Bowman
S…Anthony Walters

Let Walk…

Jason Campbell
Josh McCown
Khalil Bell
Harvey Unga
Cory Brandon
James Brown
Nick Pieschel
Chilo Rachal
Chris Spencer
Edwin Williams
Cheta Ozougwu
Dom DeCicco
Jerry Franklin
Patrick Trahan
Troy Nolan
Olindo Mare

Cuts…

Kellen Davis – Saving $2.4m
Matt Spaeth – Saving $1.05m
Devin Hester – Saving $1.85m
Matt Toeaina – Saving $1.25m

Free Agents…



QB…Drew Stanton…6-3” 230lbs…

I would really like to pick up a guy like Matt Moore but the likelihood is he will get a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere with a team like the Jets or Cardinals and will get the money to match so I doubt we would be in the running…Stanton is a mobile & smart QB who could come in and start on a limited basis if Jay goes down…shouldn’t break the bank either.



OT…Jermon Bushrod…6-5” 315lbs…

With a new offensive minded HC comes a reemphasis on protection…J’Marcus Webb had some good games last year but he also had some horrible moments that will continue to be in the back of Jay’s mind everytime he drops back to pass…we have to sort out that LT position to get the rest of this Oline right…signing Bushrod makes a ton of sense as he has experience of working with OC Aaron Kromer and will understand the type of protection schemes Kromer is going to install…he could almost be a 2nd teacher for our current Olinemen…he won’t have the type of market that is going to cost us a ton of cap space and the Saints are in cap trouble so they shouldn’t put up too much of a fight…and he opens up options in this draft and the next few when it comes to taking a franchise LT…he might not have the highest ceiling but he is a consistent professional who won’t have nightmare games.



OG…Matt Slauson…6-5” 320lbs…

More protection for Jay…the LG position was a disaster last season…no one who played the spot got the job done and if we are going to consistently be able to keep Jay upright we have to add a plug and play starting calibre player at that spot…Slauson is never going to light the world on fire…he is a solid player who will play at a consistent level…his size will allow him to walk in and start in what will presumably be a short set scheme because of his size and length…Slauson is very much so like Bushrod because he buys us time to find and develop quality starters down the line…and again is a pretty cheap option.

Draft…

Bears trade Pick #20 (850 points) to Houston for pick #27 + #91 (combined 816 points)…Houston are desperate to land a complementary WR and eventual successor to Andre Johnson…if a guy like Justin Hunter is still on the board I think they would make the jump up…

Round 1 (Via HOU)…



TE…Tyler Eifert…6-5” 250lbs…Notre Dame…

Phil Emery has stressed the need to add playmakers…Marc Trestman has shown the ability to cut down a team’s sacks with scheme alone…Aaron Kromer has coached one of the best Olines in the NFL over the past few years…we have signed 2 starting calibre Olinemen in FA and the top 5 Olinemen will more than likely all be gone…so that all points to us taking a weapon in round 1…Eifert would give us the TE we have been crying out for over the past few years…with his size and athleticism he has shown the ability to create matchup problems and can line-up all over the field…his production has been very good and he improved as a blocker in his senior year…giving Jay a target over the middle who he will be able to develop trust in will be a big thing and take a lot of pressure off of Brandon Marshall.

Round 2…



OT…Terron Armstead…6-5” 305lbs…Arkansas-Pine Bluff…

Signing two staring calibre Olinemen isn’t going to be enough to completely fix our Oline over the next few years…we have to start taking guys to develop into starters and no 6th & 7th rounder’s…here we use a 2nd round pick on a potential LT who could solidify the position for the next 10 years…Armstead impressed at the combine with his athletic ability but more impressive was his game film and his play at the senior bowl where he didn’t look at all out of place…brining him in also gives us plenty of options up front…if he comes in as a rookie and impresses we could then look at moving Bushrod to RT where some of the Saints fans think he is best suited too with him run blocking skills…we could even move Bushrod inside to RG if Lance Louis isn’t fully recovered…if not we get to sit Armstead for a year learning under Aaron Kromer and hopefully have something in place down the line.

Round 3 (Via HOU)…



LB…Zavier Gooden…6-2” 233lbs…Missouri…

Much like on the Oline it’s time to start developing guys for the future…Urlacher will more than likely be brought back on a one year deal and Briggs will turn 33 years old during the season…we have to start bringing in talent to replace these guys…Gooden fits our scheme to a tee…on the weak side he brings elite speed to the ball and can chase down guys from the backside…he has shown that he can stay on the field on all 3 downs and will also be a blue chip special teams player which is always important to us…I think he can have the same impact for us as Zach Brown had last year for the Titans.

Round 4…



WR…Kenny Stills…6-0” 195…Oklahoma…

Meet the new Johnny Know…Still’s skill set is very similar to Knox and I would expect him to go in the same kind of range…we could really use a deep threat who can play multiple spots and Stills has shown that ability as well as the ability to be productive in doing so…a WR group of Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett & Stills would give us a wide variety of skill sets for Trestman to use in creative ways.

Round 5…



TE…Dion Sims…6-5” 263lbs…Michigan State…

I really believe we have to complete rip the TE position apart and start again…Kyle Adams sticks around because he can play the FB/H-B role but our #1 & #2 have to offer us more than Davis & Spaeth did last year…especially at their price…with Eifert in the mix we look to add more of a blocking option…Sims made a living doing that for Michigan State but he also has decent athleticism and hands plus with his size he is yet another redzone target who with the rest of our weapons would more than likely go unnoticed…he could be a Bubba Franks type.

Round 6…



DT…Josh Boyd…6-3” 310lbs…Mississippi State…

Boyd might not make it to this spot…but with the depth in this draft class a really talented DT is going to fall and we should snap him up to replace Toe who is making too much money to be a #4 DT…if it is Boyd who hits this spot we are going to get a rotational who can play both NT or UT in our scheme at a solid level.

Depth Chart…

QB…Jay Cutler…Drew Stanton
RB…Matt Forte…Michael Bush…Armando Allen
FB…Evan Rodriguez
WR…Brandon Marshall…Kenny Stills
WR…Alshon Jeffery…Joe Anderson
Slot…Earl Bennett…Eric Weems
TE…Tyler Eifert…Dion Sims…Kyle Adams
LT…Jermon Bushrod…Terron Armstead
LG…Matt Slauson
C…Roberto Garza…Edwin Williams
RG…Lance Louis …Gabe Carimi
RT…J'Marcus Webb…Jonathan Scott

LE…Israel Idonije…Shea McClellin
UT…Henry Melton…Nate Collins
NT…Stephen Paea…Josh Boyd
RE…Julius Peppers…Corey Wootton
SLB…Nick Roach…Geno Hayes…JT Thomas
MLB…Brian Urlacher…Blake Costanzo
WLB…Lance Briggs…Zavier Gooden
NB…Kelvin Hayden…D.J Moore
CB…Charles Tillman…Sherrick McManis
CB…Tim Jennings…Zack Bowman
SS…Major Wright…Brandon Hardin
FS…Chris Conte…Craig Steltz…Anthony Walters

P…Adam Podlesh
K…Robbie Gould
LS…Patrick Mannelly
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7915
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Combine Mock Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Resign…

RB…Armando Allen (ERFA)
OG…Lance Louis
OT…Jonathan Scott
UT…Henry Melton
UT…Nate Collins (RFA)
DE…Israel Idonije
LB…Brian Urlacher
LB...Geno Hayes
LB…Nick Roach
CB…D.J Moore
CB…Kelvin Hayden
CB…Zach Bowman
S…Anthony Walters

Let Walk…

Jason Campbell
Josh McCown
Khalil Bell
Harvey Unga
Cory Brandon
James Brown
Nick Pieschel
Chilo Rachal
Chris Spencer
Edwin Williams
Cheta Ozougwu
Dom DeCicco
Jerry Franklin
Patrick Trahan
Troy Nolan
Olindo Mare

Cuts…

Kellen Davis – Saving $2.4m
Matt Spaeth – Saving $1.05m
Devin Hester – Saving $1.85m
Matt Toeaina – Saving $1.25m

Free Agents…



QB…Drew Stanton…6-3” 230lbs…

I would really like to pick up a guy like Matt Moore but the likelihood is he will get a chance to compete for a starting job somewhere with a team like the Jets or Cardinals and will get the money to match so I doubt we would be in the running…Stanton is a mobile & smart QB who could come in and start on a limited basis if Jay goes down…shouldn’t break the bank either. I like Stanton as a Bear.



OT…Jermon Bushrod…6-5” 315lbs…

With a new offensive minded HC comes a reemphasis on protection…J’Marcus Webb had some good games last year but he also had some horrible moments that will continue to be in the back of Jay’s mind everytime he drops back to pass…we have to sort out that LT position to get the rest of this Oline right…signing Bushrod makes a ton of sense as he has experience of working with OC Aaron Kromer and will understand the type of protection schemes Kromer is going to install…he could almost be a 2nd teacher for our current Olinemen…he won’t have the type of market that is going to cost us a ton of cap space and the Saints are in cap trouble so they shouldn’t put up too much of a fight…and he opens up options in this draft and the next few when it comes to taking a franchise LT…he might not have the highest ceiling but he is a consistent professional who won’t have nightmare games. Bushrod is not so much better than Webb that we would spend much for him. Webb will continue to improve and will be as good as Bushrod before long, if he isn't already. He had no more than two "nightmare" games.



OG…Matt Slauson…6-5” 320lbs…

More protection for Jay…the LG position was a disaster last season…no one who played the spot got the job done and if we are going to consistently be able to keep Jay upright we have to add a plug and play starting calibre player at that spot…Slauson is never going to light the world on fire…he is a solid player who will play at a consistent level…his size will allow him to walk in and start in what will presumably be a short set scheme because of his size and length…Slauson is very much so like Bushrod because he buys us time to find and develop quality starters down the line…and again is a pretty cheap option. Sounds reasonable.

Draft…

Bears trade Pick #20 (850 points) to Houston for pick #27 + #91 (combined 816 points)…Houston are desperate to land a complementary WR and eventual successor to Andre Johnson…if a guy like Justin Hunter is still on the board I think they would make the jump up… Oh, he will be on the board until deep in the second round.

Round 1 (Via HOU)…



TE…Tyler Eifert…6-5” 250lbs…Notre Dame… I like the trade down but not to take a TE in the first round. Eifert (and any other rookie TE) will be pretty useless his first year and I prefer picking one in the fourth or lower.

Phil Emery has stressed the need to add playmakers…Marc Trestman has shown the ability to cut down a team’s sacks with scheme alone…Aaron Kromer has coached one of the best Olines in the NFL over the past few years…we have signed 2 starting calibre Olinemen in FA and the top 5 Olinemen will more than likely all be gone…so that all points to us taking a weapon in round 1…Eifert would give us the TE we have been crying out for over the past few years…with his size and athleticism he has shown the ability to create matchup problems and can line-up all over the field…his production has been very good and he improved as a blocker in his senior year…giving Jay a target over the middle who he will be able to develop trust in will be a big thing and take a lot of pressure off of Brandon Marshall.

Round 2…



OT…Terron Armstead…6-5” 305lbs…Arkansas-Pine Bluff…

Signing two staring calibre Olinemen isn’t going to be enough to completely fix our Oline over the next few years…we have to start taking guys to develop into starters and no 6th & 7th rounder’s…here we use a 2nd round pick on a potential LT who could solidify the position for the next 10 years…Armstead impressed at the combine with his athletic ability but more impressive was his game film and his play at the senior bowl where he didn’t look at all out of place…brining him in also gives us plenty of options up front…if he comes in as a rookie and impresses we could then look at moving Bushrod to RT where some of the Saints fans think he is best suited too with him run blocking skills…we could even move Bushrod inside to RG if Lance Louis isn’t fully recovered…if not we get to sit Armstead for a year learning under Aaron Kromer and hopefully have something in place down the line. Armstead will go in the first round.

Round 3 (Via HOU)…



LB…Zavier Gooden…6-2” 233lbs…Missouri…

Much like on the Oline it’s time to start developing guys for the future…Urlacher will more than likely be brought back on a one year deal and Briggs will turn 33 years old during the season…we have to start bringing in talent to replace these guys…Gooden fits our scheme to a tee…on the weak side he brings elite speed to the ball and can chase down guys from the backside…he has shown that he can stay on the field on all 3 downs and will also be a blue chip special teams player which is always important to us…I think he can have the same impact for us as Zach Brown had last year for the Titans. No opinion here.

Round 4…



WR…Kenny Stills…6-0” 195…Oklahoma…

Meet the new Johnny Know…Still’s skill set is very similar to Knox and I would expect him to go in the same kind of range…we could really use a deep threat who can play multiple spots and Stills has shown that ability as well as the ability to be productive in doing so…a WR group of Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett & Stills would give us a wide variety of skill sets for Trestman to use in creative ways. I like Stills but he isn't as fast as Knox. If we could pick him here it would be a good choice.

Round 5…



TE…Dion Sims…6-5” 263lbs…Michigan State…

I really believe we have to complete rip the TE position apart and start again…Kyle Adams sticks around because he can play the FB/H-B role but our #1 & #2 have to offer us more than Davis & Spaeth did last year…especially at their price…with Eifert in the mix we look to add more of a blocking option…Sims made a living doing that for Michigan State but he also has decent athleticism and hands plus with his size he is yet another redzone target who with the rest of our weapons would more than likely go unnoticed…he could be a Bubba Franks type. This is where I would start to consider drafting a TE.

Round 6…



DT…Josh Boyd…6-3” 310lbs…Mississippi State…

Boyd might not make it to this spot…but with the depth in this draft class a really talented DT is going to fall and we should snap him up to replace Toe who is making too much money to be a #4 DT…if it is Boyd who hits this spot we are going to get a rotational who can play both NT or UT in our scheme at a solid level. We might even take a DT higher because of the talent level.

Depth Chart…

QB…Jay Cutler…Drew Stanton
RB…Matt Forte…Michael Bush…Armando Allen
FB…Evan Rodriguez
WR…Brandon Marshall…Kenny Stills
WR…Alshon Jeffery…Joe Anderson
Slot…Earl Bennett…Eric Weems
TE…Tyler Eifert…Dion Sims…Kyle Adams
LT…Jermon Bushrod…Terron Armstead
LG…Matt Slauson
C…Roberto Garza…Edwin Williams
RG…Lance Louis …Gabe Carimi
RT…J'Marcus Webb…Jonathan Scott

LE…Israel Idonije…Shea McClellin
UT…Henry Melton…Nate Collins
NT…Stephen Paea…Josh Boyd
RE…Julius Peppers…Corey Wootton
SLB…Nick Roach…Geno Hayes…JT Thomas
MLB…Brian Urlacher…Blake Costanzo
WLB…Lance Briggs…Zavier Gooden
NB…Kelvin Hayden…D.J Moore
CB…Charles Tillman…Sherrick McManis
CB…Tim Jennings…Zack Bowman
SS…Major Wright…Brandon Hardin
FS…Chris Conte…Craig Steltz…Anthony Walters

P…Adam Podlesh
K…Robbie Gould
LS…Patrick Mannelly
Interesting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5495
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22689
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.



You got a lot of Arkansas Pine Bluff tape?
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22689
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.



You got a lot of Arkansas Pine Bluff tape?


You run that fast at the combine you get tape cut ups lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3D6tAJCiUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCehzsGGoDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA9XzLR0bFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLLyEPh8Gv0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6fZ6ciysK0
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5495
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.
4th round is to early for a STer. Im not sold on him every becoming a starting LB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22689
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.
4th round is to early for a STer. Im not sold on him every becoming a starting LB.


I think he has the ability to be a starter down the line...especially as a WLB in our scheme...I didn't really like Zach Brown last year but he did a great job for the Titans...Gooden has better instincts but could use another 10lbs and more strength on his frame.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5495
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.
4th round is to early for a STer. Im not sold on him every becoming a starting LB.


I think he has the ability to be a starter down the line...especially as a WLB in our scheme...I didn't really like Zach Brown last year but he did a great job for the Titans...Gooden has better instincts but could use another 10lbs and more strength on his frame.
Brown was a much better player. Gooden does not have his football awareness. Gooden is considered a mid rounder based off of having reported 4.3 speed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1841
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.



You got a lot of Arkansas Pine Bluff tape?


You run that fast at the combine you get tape cut ups lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3D6tAJCiUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCehzsGGoDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA9XzLR0bFY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLLyEPh8Gv0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6fZ6ciysK0



Awesome. Thanks.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22689
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.
4th round is to early for a STer. Im not sold on him every becoming a starting LB.


I think he has the ability to be a starter down the line...especially as a WLB in our scheme...I didn't really like Zach Brown last year but he did a great job for the Titans...Gooden has better instincts but could use another 10lbs and more strength on his frame.
Brown was a much better player. Gooden does not have his football awareness. Gooden is considered a mid rounder based off of having reported 4.3 speed.


I would say Gooden is ahead of Brown when it comes to instincts...Brown however is far more physical.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5495
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.
4th round is to early for a STer. Im not sold on him every becoming a starting LB.


I think he has the ability to be a starter down the line...especially as a WLB in our scheme...I didn't really like Zach Brown last year but he did a great job for the Titans...Gooden has better instincts but could use another 10lbs and more strength on his frame.
Brown was a much better player. Gooden does not have his football awareness. Gooden is considered a mid rounder based off of having reported 4.3 speed.


I would say Gooden is ahead of Brown when it comes to instincts...Brown however is far more physical.
Im not sure how you're seeing that. If Gooden instincts are one of his better attributes then he wont be drafted. Brown wasnt a physical player in college. That was probably his biggest knock.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22689
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I don't like Bushrod. Armstead that high or Gooden.


I would much rather have Albert but I'm not sure we have the money to afford him...Bushrod is a cheap alternative who is better than Webb...Armstead's tape says he is a 2nd round prospect...Gooden isn't the finished article either and I wouldn't want him as a year 1 starter but as a developmental player behind Briggs he could be exactly what we need...love his ST play as well.
4th round is to early for a STer. Im not sold on him every becoming a starting LB.


I think he has the ability to be a starter down the line...especially as a WLB in our scheme...I didn't really like Zach Brown last year but he did a great job for the Titans...Gooden has better instincts but could use another 10lbs and more strength on his frame.
Brown was a much better player. Gooden does not have his football awareness. Gooden is considered a mid rounder based off of having reported 4.3 speed.


I would say Gooden is ahead of Brown when it comes to instincts...Brown however is far more physical.
Im not sure how you're seeing that. If Gooden instincts are one of his better attributes then he wont be drafted. Brown wasnt a physical player in college. That was probably his biggest knock.


Brown wasn’t physical in college…but he was for the Titans last year…he showed a much better ability to get off blockers than he did in college which is more than likely down to good coaching which any player will get here…I think Gooden can do the same thing in time…like I said I don’t think he is as physically strong or has as good bulk as Brown did coming out but with a year as a backup he could do that…look at JT Thomas after his year on IR…instinctively he is around the ball especially when it’s in the air with 5 INTs & 10 PBUs in the last 3 season…he is far from the finished article and he isn’t the guy we want if we are looking for a starter this year but he has very high potential and in this draft I think it would be better to take that than some of the guys who are going to go higher than him.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pinky


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 570
Location: London, England
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9736
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this draft a couple points.

-I really like the Eifert pick I think he does a lot for us while representing a good value.

-I like Armstead as a developmental guy, but you need to know that Bushrod will go to RT when he is ready. If Armstead is ready in 2014 and you signed Bushrod for 5 years he will have to move.

-Kenny Stills is in the 4th round of my new mock, nice cheap speed option.

-I would rather us draft a DE then a 2nd TE. With peppers and izzy being gone soon I would like to strike gold in the late rounds with a rotational DE that can support Wootton and McClellin by 2014.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group