Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cap Situation a Non-Story ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Cap Situation a Non-Story ? Reply with quote

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33138/Redskins-considering-court-action-over-salary-cap-penalty/Default.aspx

This has been out there all day and not enough interest to be posted -- I find that part interesting!! Laughing
Guess the rank and file -us fans have no real hope,,,but that glimmer remains..!
Us, The Cowboys can't be the only two teams to take advantage of the un-capped year..
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cap Situation a Non-Story ? Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/33138/Redskins-considering-court-action-over-salary-cap-penalty/Default.aspx

This has been out there all day and not enough interest to be posted -- I find that part interesting!! Laughing
Guess the rank and file -us fans have no real hope,,,but that glimmer remains..!
Us, The Cowboys can't be the only two teams to take advantage of the un-capped year..

I am sure that we werent, but we were the only two teams to actually take advantage of it during that year. Meaning we used the loop hole to actually make moves and use the money available.

while other teams didnt do so much, the only reason that the Redskins and Cowboys are in this situation is because of Mara. If he does not open his big mouth trying to gain an advantage and play dirty, then we should have been fine.

But in reality, we didnt do anything wrong.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to do whatz best for the team and fight for our cap space back. I don't care if it's puts things on hold for a minute or two. Take this to court and find out do we have a legit case.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know me for one, I'm tire of the topic. I've had a busy day at work because I had a 4 day weekend. So, I haven't even seen this news other than I already know we are trying to get the cap space back and will probably try harder than last year.

Anyways. If it happens, it happens, if doesn't, it doesn't.

This is a big problem though from that article:

Quote:
The Redskins have put contract negotiations with some of their players on hold, telling agents and players they remain hopeful they can recoup some of the salary cap space that was cut by the NFL last year, according to several people familiar with the situation.

Redskins officials have told those agents and players that they cannot negotiate in earnest until the salary cap matter is resolved. The players include some eligible for free agency in March and others who face the possibility of release unless their contracts are reworked, those people said. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team does not want such issues discussed publicly.
If we aren't going to be signing players, we could very well lose Alexander, Fred Davis, Kory L and miss out on the best DB upgrade or RT upgrades.

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we sue the crap outta the NFL and delay free agency to make a splash. I also wish Mara a slow, painful death. (Not a literal death, just a professional one)

mike23md on the sig!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I know me for one, I'm tire of the topic. I've had a busy day at work because I had a 4 day weekend. So, I haven't even seen this news other than I already know we are trying to get the cap space back and will probably try harder than last year.

Quote:
The Redskins have put contract negotiations with some of their players on hold, telling agents and players they remain hopeful they can recoup some of the salary cap space that was cut by the NFL last year, according to several people familiar with the situation.

Redskins officials have told those agents and players that they cannot negotiate in earnest until the salary cap matter is resolved. The players include some eligible for free agency in March and others who face the possibility of release unless their contracts are reworked, those people said. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team does not want such issues discussed publicly.
If we aren't going to be signing players, we could very well lose Alexander, Fred Davis, Kory L and miss out of a DB upgrade or RT upgrade.

When suing someone, you have to show damages. Those would be some of our damages.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

If we aren't going to be signing players, we could very well lose Alexander, Fred Davis, Kory L and miss out of a DB upgrade or RT upgrade.

When suing someone, you have to show damages. Those would be some of our damages.
Yeah I get it, but if we aren't going to be releasing players and restructuring players so we can re-sign Fred, Alexander, Kory L and restricted FA's like Chris Baker and Rob Jackson we are going to lose those key players.

it's not like the court is going to reward us those players after the fact if they sign with other teams.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

Yeah I get it, but if we aren't going to be releasing players and restructuring players so we can re-sign Fred, Alexander, Kory L and restricted FA's like Chris Baker and Rob Jackson we are going to lose those key players.

it's not like the court is going to reward us those players after the fact if they sign with other teams.

I think you're missing the point (at least how I'm seeing this).

The other teams are not going to want to delay FA and the draft for this court case to go through. So noone would be able to sign our guys away from us because FA would not start until the case is done/settled. This is what Footy has been talking about for a month and half when he referred to things the Redskins could do to get some of the cap space back.

What is possible is that we hold FA and the draft hostage and force the league to settle the case in return for some or all of this year's cap hit. So think about it, $9M in extra cap space means we are not faced with the situation that Footy posted about last week. A return of $9M would allow us to re-sign those guys and sign Orakpo to a long term deal, as well as sign a few FA's that we need. And $18M (the entire cap hit) means we're ready to go to spend on big name FA's.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

I think you're missing the point (at least how I'm seeing this).

The other teams are not going to want to delay FA and the draft for this court case to go through. So noone would be able to sign our guys away from us because FA would not start until the case is done/settled. This is what Footy has been talking about for a month and half when he referred to things the Redskins could do to get some of the cap space back.

What is possible is that we hold FA and the draft hostage and force the league to settle the case in return for some or all of this year's cap hit. So think about it, $9M in extra cap space means we are not faced with the situation that Footy posted about last week. A return of $9M would allow us to re-sign those guys and sign Orakpo to a long term deal, as well as sign a few FA's that we need. And $18M (the entire cap hit) means we're ready to go to spend on big name FA's.
ohhhh ok! Thanks Thai. I get it, well yeah, that's great then thanks for pointing that out.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/02/26/mixed-views-on-strength-of-redskins-legal-position-in-salary-cap-case/

Intersting article with a coupla new angles..
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be tough to win with Dallas not fighting this with us. Jerry Jones is a [inappropriate/removed].
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Its going to be tough to win with Dallas not fighting this with us. Jerry Jones is a [inappropriate/removed].

As much as I dislike Jerruh, I think he's smart here. He lets Danny take the slings and arrows and if Danny is successful, Jerruh gets his $5M returned. If not, then he can keep his hands clean.

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J J had rather give up a measley FIVE million than see us get back EIGHTEEN million..
The thing that really seems manipulative is the fact the league gave the money to the other teams to keep the players union happy ..
Talk about gaining a competive advantage -We lose money and the 28 other teams get money ! New Orleans and Oakland also violated ( to a lesser degree ) the unwritten Mara law and didn't share in the spoils.
It's an outrage and I hope we sue the Hell outta everyone in sight..
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not taking anything to court. This is just a threat to get the NFL to say ok we will take the penalties away. Its not going to happen we are going to be stuck with this.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
We are not taking anything to court. This is just a threat to get the NFL to say ok we will take the penalties away. Its not going to happen we are going to be stuck with this.
i feel the same way but I'm tired of arguing that point with everyone else. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: