Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball XVIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davisblack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
davisblack wrote:
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a few deals for a C with the way Russel Martin playing and I guess McCann will be back next week.

Maybe I am in the minority, but McCann and Martin certainluy wouldn't stop me from getting a REAL catcher Laughing

Well with the lineup I have I don't need a real catcher I just need someone better than Ryan Doumit.
2013 Adopt-A-Lion: #92 DE Devin Taylor
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
davisblack wrote:
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a few deals for a C with the way Russel Martin playing and I guess McCann will be back next week.

Maybe I am in the minority, but McCann and Martin certainluy wouldn't stop me from getting a REAL catcher Laughing

Well with the lineup I have I don't need a real catcher I just need someone better than Ryan Doumit.

Let me know when you find one.
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too!!

Catcher is hard to get you get a chance to add a good take it! Wink

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate do this guys. but I have to leave the league. School and work has overtaken my life, not leaving me with much if any time. Im going to be working 60+ hours per week this Summer. I think we all agree that a better and more dedicated manager is needed to run my team, which has potential.

Thanks for letting me in, and sorry for having to leave you at this inopportune time! You guys are great at this, I wish I could keep up with you.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nagahide13

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
I hate do this guys. but I have to leave the league. School and work has overtaken my life, not leaving me with much if any time. Im going to be working 60+ hours per week this Summer. I think we all agree that a better and more dedicated manager is needed to run my team, which has potential.

Thanks for letting me in, and sorry for having to leave you at this inopportune time! You guys are great at this, I wish I could keep up with you.

Boo.
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:

At least the guy has all his own picks for 2014, we need to locate a new owner perhaps we can start asking people in football site!

Holden
01st
02nd
03rd
04th
05th
06th
07th
08th
09th
10th
11th
12th
13th
14th
15th
16th
17th

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing he has that stud Montero as a keeper, that will make it easier to find an owner.
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Good thing he has that stud Montero as a keeper, that will make it easier to find an owner.

Adam Jones is a really good player though I sent a email to diehardlionfan and Harrington is da man & RyanFuller003 & Laimbrane

Anyway perhaps we can all start looking in here for a good owner from football site here.

I am hoping one of these guys might be interested!

Last edited by LION KING on Wed May 01, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
nagahide13

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:

He's got 3 solid keepers at least... Plus he'll have all his picks next year, and they'll be high... Counts for something.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

He's got 3 solid keepers at least... Plus he'll have all his picks next year, and they'll be high... Counts for something.

I see one solid keeper, then 2 of the #5 keeper variety and 2 guys that are questionable at best. That is not a glowing recommendation. Sucks though, if I hadn't already started the rebuild with my team, I would consider taking his team to do the rebuild with and pass mine off on a new owner.

Regardless, the trade for Montero was a symptom of being talked into it by a desperate owner and he was absolutely brutalized in that trade. I can't believe someone could live with themselves taking advantage of the worst team in the league in such a way.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

I see one solid keeper, then 2 of the #5 keeper variety and 2 guys that are questionable at best. That is not a glowing recommendation. Sucks though, if I hadn't already started the rebuild with my team, I would consider taking his team to do the rebuild with and pass mine off on a new owner.

Regardless, the trade for Montero was a symptom of being talked into it by a desperate owner and he was absolutely brutalized in that trade. I can't believe someone could live with themselves taking advantage of the worst team in the league in such a way.

Bah, that wasn't that bad. CC and Arencibia aren't really keeper level players at this point. Detfan got hosed harder when he dealt FOR Montero than when he dealt him to SLF.
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at his team right now

1 A Jones OF

2 Darvish SP

3 A Jackson OF

4 Tex 1b

5 Hill / Cruz / Ramirez /Montero

He has options for that 5th keeper and a ton of time to decide on whom!

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LION KING wrote:
Looking at his team right now

1 A Jones OF

2 Darvish SP

3 A Jackson OF

4 Tex 1b

5 Hill / Cruz / Ramirez /Montero

He has options for that 5th keeper and a ton of time to decide on whom!

1. A Jones OF
2. A Hill 2B
3. Austin Jackson OF
4. Nelson Cruz OF (Really murky starting here)
5. ???????????????? Darvish....I guess.....ick

Tex, Montero, Ramirez are in no way keepers. No way, no how. They aren't even 5rd picks at best in the draft. Heck, Cruz probably wouldn't go in the first.
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing it will be easier to replace him with all his regular picks going into 2014 the fact he landed Adam Jones this season will help the guy at least has one Super star and he's pretty young player.

He at least made a good 1st round pick this year! Wink

nagahide13

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones, Jackson and Darvish are all pretty decent keepers. Other two spots are a little more unclear.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 89 of 101

Jump to: