Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Overrated/underrated/sleepers pg 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One player who's had a real dissapointing combine in Tony Jefferson. He looked real stiff with no fluidity. I hope we stay away.

mike23md on the sig!
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Amerson ran a 4.38 while Steve Williams from Cal ran a 4.25
holly crap! Shocked 4.25?? That's faster than Tyler's me everything Marquise Goodwin. Wink

Thankfully Steve Williams official time was a 4.42, so my man Marquise Goodwin is still the fastest in the draft by a wide margin. Wink

Shamarko Thomas the safety prospect I've been projecting us to pick in multiple mock drafts had a heck of a combine. He ran a 4.42 40 time (He tripped and faceplanted at the end so he might of gone even faster had he not.). He put up 28 reps on the bench. A 40.5 inch vertical jump, and 11'1" broad jump. He also looked like an absolute tank out there. Like I said before the combine he really looks like he is Bob Sanders 2.0 from an athletic/size standpoint. He is just not as polished as Sanders was when he came out of Iowa.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
holly crap! Shocked 4.25?? That's faster than Tyler's mr everything Marquise Goodwin. Wink

Thankfully Steve Williams official time was a 4.42, so my man Marquise Goodwin is still the fastest in the draft by a wide margin. Wink

Shamarko Thomas the safety prospect I've been projecting us to pick in multiple mock drafts had a heck of a combine. He ran a 4.42 40 time (He tripped and faceplanted at the end so he might of gone even faster had he not.). He put up 28 reps on the bench. A 40.5 inch vertical jump, and 11'1" broad jump. He also looked like an absolute tank out there. Like I said before the combine he really looks like he is Bob Sanders 2.0 from an athletic/size standpoint. He is just not as polished as Sanders was when he came out of Iowa.
I still think Goodwin won't be too much more than a back up wr and return man.

Is he better than banks? Debatable and I can prove Banks was more productive- at least in college. I think because Goodwin is 5'10, 180 and fast, someone will overdraft Goodwin for what he really is though. If banks were Goodwin's size I'd say Banks would have been a mid round pick and banks is better than Goodwin as far as production and tape goes.

Another thing I noticed is Goodwin has never returned a punt in his college career! Shocked So what are we doing, drafting another Aldrick Robinson, who is a situational wr and can return kick offs but will probably get little chances to return kick offs because of the new NFL rules. And to be honest, his kick off return stats are pedestrian compared to Banks' from college also. Sorry Bro, I just don't see it. I think he's a great track athlete, but not a great football player.

Actually- Brandon Banks' college #s blow Goodwin's out of the water.

Banks:

08- 67 recs, 1049 yds, 9 TDs. 7 rush, 126 yds, 1 TD. 74 plays, 1175 yds, 10 TDs

09- 56 recs, 705 yds, 1 td. 11 rush, 110 yds. 67 plays, 815 yds, 1td

The difference here is QBplay. In 08 Banks had Josh Freeman throwing him the ball, in 09 Freeman was gone. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brandon-banks-1.html

Goodwin has never had a year that's even half as good as Banks' 08 year. The closest is 2011 33 recs, 421 yds and 3 tds.

So we got rid of banks because he wasn't a compete wr, and were going to replace Banks (an undrafted wr/kr) who proved in 2010 with good blocking he can be one of the best return men in the league with Goodwin? A guy you want to take in let's say round 4 just to be conservative who hasn't proven to be as good a wr in college and certainly not as good a return man. I like speed buddy, but drafting Goodwin before the late rounds, really doesn't make sense to me, despite what his 40 time is.

I definitely agree with Thomas. Hopefully this performance doesn't put him above the 4th round, because if we're able to sign a FS like Lynch or someone else, waiting till the 3rd or 4th to draft a strong safety seems like a good move and Thomas could be that guy.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of that screams SS and even though Meriweather can play both sides, he is probably more suited at the SS.

Thomas is intriguing, but his size scares me when he has to go against TE's and FB's as check downs.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
All of that screams SS and even though Meriweather can play both sides, he is probably more suited at the SS.

Thomas is intriguing, but his size scares me when he has to go against TE's and FB's as check downs.
yeah, thats why I said if we can upgrade FS in FA, then we can take a S prospect in the mid rounds.

Like, say we get Corey Lynch and he's our starting FS. We could come back and take Thomas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hidden gem is Kejuan Riley of Alabama State. Not very well known but man was he an awesome safety.
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
holly crap! Shocked 4.25?? That's faster than Tyler's mr everything Marquise Goodwin. Wink

Is he better than banks? Debatable and I can prove Banks was more productive- at least in college. I think because Goodwin is 5'10, 180 and fast, someone will overdraft Goodwin for what he really is though. If banks were Goodwin's size I'd say Banks would have been a mid round pick and banks is better than Goodwin as far as production and tape goes.

Another thing I noticed is Goodwin has never returned a punt in his college career! Shocked So what are we doing, drafting another Aldrick Robinson, who is a situational wr and can return kick offs but will probably get little chances to return kick offs because of the new NFL rules. And to be honest, his kick off return stats are pedestrian compared to Banks' from college also. Sorry Bro, I just don't see it. I think he's a great track athlete, but not a great football player.

Banks:

The difference here is QBplay. In 08 Banks had Josh Freeman throwing him the ball, in 09 Freeman was gone. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/brandon-banks-1.html

Goodwin has never had a year that's even half as good as Banks' 08 year. The closest is 2011 33 recs, 421 yds and 3 tds.

So we got rid of banks because he wasn't a compete wr, and were going to replace Banks (an undrafted wr/kr) who proved in 2010 with good blocking he can be one of the best return men in the league with Goodwin? A guy you want to take in let's say round 4 just to be conservative who hasn't proven to be as good a wr in college and certainly not as good a return man. I like speed buddy, but drafting Goodwin before the late rounds, really doesn't make sense to me, despite what his 40 time is.

I definitely agree with Thomas. Hopefully this performance doesn't put him above the 4th round, because if we're able to sign a FS like Lynch or someone else, waiting till the 3rd or 4th to draft a strong safety seems like a good move and Thomas could be that guy.

Your argument on Goodwin is completely flawed. College stats don't indicate success in the pros. You are purposely ignoring the fact that he was underutilized at Texas. Being a big Texas fan I've seen basically every game he has played since his freshman season. When he got his chances he made plays. Texas turned into a complete run oriented team while he played there for 3 out of his 4 years. Downfield passing was rare in that system, and when it did happen the QB play was generally terrible, and passes were often off the mark. Did you happen to notice that Texas had some of their worst records in over 20 years? Even if you don't watch Texas, it is pretty obvious their lack of QB play has taken them from being yearly national champion contenders to being ranked as bad as the 5th best college team in the state of Texas in the past few seasons...

Bet you didn't know that Texas changed their offensive coordinator right before their bowl game this year. Their new coordinator put an emphasis on passing the ball/getting Goodwin the ball. In his first game with the new coordinator he had 6 touches 132 yards 2 tds against the #13 team in the country Oregon State.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8739736/major-applewhite-darrell-wyatt-co-ocs-texas-longhorns

I'm starting to get the feeling that you are box score scouting and not watching the abilities that Goodwin shows on the field when given his chances. To say that he is no better than Banks at receiving is a joke. There is a reason scouts at both the combine, and senior bowl are raving about Goodwins abilities. Aside from his speed/quickness, scouts have been impressed with Goodwins hands, ability to beat the press, and precision on routes at both the combine, and the senior bowl:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-122.php
http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2013/1/22/3902468/alex-okafor-senior-bowl-practice-2013-nfl-draft-marquise-goodwin-projections
http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/senior-bowl-2013-mike-glennon-jordan-poyer-and-marquise-goodwin-rise
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/1/22/3901890/senior-bowl-2013-practice-day-1
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1496550-senior-bowl-2013-players-whose-stock-will-rise-in-mobile
http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/22/senior-bowl-notes-day-2-north-practice-mike-glennon-shows-off-the-gun-and-a-monte-kiffin-sighting/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=senior-bowl-notes-day-2-north-practice-mike-glennon-shows-off-the-gun-and-a-monte-kiffin-sighting
http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-senior-bowl-north-tuesday-practice-notes.html
http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?
"Marquise Goodwin can be DeSean Jackson type weapon in NFL. There are tiny-man-health concerns, but he=BEAST. UT failed to use him correctly" Ben Rogers twitter (ESPN Radio)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1543024-marquise-goodwin-combine-evaluating-wrs-draft-stock-after-spectacular-showing
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/24/nfl-combine-wide-receivers-workout-marquise-goodwin-creates-buzz/1943727/
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1542756-marquise-goodwin-combine-texas-receiver-has-serious-sleeper-potential
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/marquise-goodwin-runs-40-yard-dash-4-2-170639001--ncaaf.html
Sigmund Bloom "UT didnt know how to use him. flashed more route running/football potential than seen on game film at senior bowl. 2nd/3rd rd"
Gil Brandt "For the record, I had Marquise Goodwin at 4.17 and 4.19 in the 40 at #NFLCombine. It didn't seem like he was running hard. So effortless."

Even if you just watch Goodwins youtube highlights, you can see that he is a hands catcher/catches away from his body.

*He can readjust to the ball/track in the air effectively (First vid link: 1:30,1:50,2:00, Second vid link:1:10)
*He is very physical for his size (First vid link: 0:40, 1:20, 2:05 Second vid link 0:50, 1:56, 3:35)
*Can beat press coverage (Second vid link 1:2Cool
*Can get seperation from CB's (First vid link:1:54 Second vid link: 1:25, 1:43, 2:05)
*Can high point the ball (Second vid link: 1:2Cool
Look at the cushion given to him by the CB at 1:50 in the first vid. If you pause it you can see the CB gives a 10 yard cushion. Look at the seperation Goodwin is able to create on this play, and his ability to turn on the jets and chase down the ball.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je7sPrc4RnQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOdsTm_dj2M

If you just look at the receiver abilities of Goodwin/Banks there really isn't any advantages Banks has on Goodwin.
Speed: Goodwin
Change of direction: push
Acceleration: Goodwin
Size: Goodwin
Hands: Goodwin
Route Running: Goodwin
Tracking/Readjusting to ball: Goodwin
Catching at highest point: Goodwin
Blocking: Goodwin
Getting off the line: Goodwin
Physicality/Breaking tackles: Goodwin

As for Banks being a better kick returner in college, that doesn't mean the same can be said for the pros. For example, I'm fairly certain Banks put up better return numbers than Trindon Holliday in college, but if you look what Holliday did in the NFL this year returning kicks it puts Banks to shame, so that college stat argument doesn't work again. Even if Banks is a better returner than Goodwin in the NFL, Banks has nowhere near the ability at WR.

Goodwin is similar to Mike Wallace in that he wasn't utilized very well in college, but showed speed/receiving abilities that could make him dangerous in the NFL. Wallace wasn't viewed as much of an NFL prospect until the senior bowl/combine just like Goodwin.

Last edited by tyler735 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:

If I was to take any Safety in this class to try to tackle a TE, or FB on a check down, it would probably be Shamarko Thomas. Being short doesn't hinder his ability to tackle. He is 215lbs which combined with his speed/low center of gravity gives him an advantage over other safety's for tackling/hitting. The guy made plays behind the line of scrimmage all the time at Syracuse. He is the very definition of physical safety.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Banks:

Your argument on Goodwin is completely flawed. College stats don't indicate success in the pros. You are purposely ignoring the fact that he was underutilized at Texas. Being a big Texas fan I've seen basically every game he has played since his freshman season. When he got his chances he made plays. Texas turned into a complete run oriented team while he played there for 3 out of his 4 years thanks. Downfield passing was rare in that system, and when it did happen the QB play was generally terrible, and passes were often off the mark. Did you happen to notice that Texas had some of their worst records in over 20 years? Even if you don't watch Texas, it is pretty obvious their lack of QB play has taken them from being yearly national champion contenders to being ranked as bad as the 5th best college team in the state of Texas in the past few seasons...

Bet you didn't know that Texas changed their offensive coordinator right before their bowl game this year. Their new coordinator put an emphasis on passing the ball/getting Goodwin the ball. In his first game with the new coordinator he had 6 touches 132 yards 2 tds against the #13 team in the country Oregon State.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8739736/major-applewhite-darrell-wyatt-co-ocs-texas-longhorns

I'm starting to get the feeling that you are box score scouting and not watching the abilities that Goodwin shows on the field when given his chances. To say that he is no better than Banks at receiving is a joke. There is a reason scouts at both the combine, and senior bowl are raving about Goodwins abilities. Aside from his speed/quickness, scouts have been impressed with Goodwins hands, ability to beat the press, and precision on routes at both the combine, and the senior bowl:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-122.php
http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2013/1/22/3902468/alex-okafor-senior-bowl-practice-2013-nfl-draft-marquise-goodwin-projections
http://www.athlonsports.com/nfl/senior-bowl-2013-mike-glennon-jordan-poyer-and-marquise-goodwin-rise
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/1/22/3901890/senior-bowl-2013-practice-day-1
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1496550-senior-bowl-2013-players-whose-stock-will-rise-in-mobile
http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/22/senior-bowl-notes-day-2-north-practice-mike-glennon-shows-off-the-gun-and-a-monte-kiffin-sighting/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=senior-bowl-notes-day-2-north-practice-mike-glennon-shows-off-the-gun-and-a-monte-kiffin-sighting
http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-senior-bowl-north-tuesday-practice-notes.html
http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?
"Marquise Goodwin can be DeSean Jackson type weapon in NFL. There are tiny-man-health concerns, but he=BEAST. UT failed to use him correctly" Ben Rogers twitter (ESPN Radio)
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1543024-marquise-goodwin-combine-evaluating-wrs-draft-stock-after-spectacular-showing
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/02/24/nfl-combine-wide-receivers-workout-marquise-goodwin-creates-buzz/1943727/
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1542756-marquise-goodwin-combine-texas-receiver-has-serious-sleeper-potential
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/marquise-goodwin-runs-40-yard-dash-4-2-170639001--ncaaf.html
Sigmund Bloom "UT didnt know how to use him. flashed more route running/football potential than seen on game film at senior bowl. 2nd/3rd rd"
Gil Brandt "For the record, I had Marquise Goodwin at 4.17 and 4.19 in the 40 at #NFLCombine. It didn't seem like he was running hard. So effortless."

Even if you just watch Goodwins youtube highlights, you can see that he is a hands catcher/catches away from his body.

*He can readjust to the ball/track in the air effectively (First vid link: 1:30,1:50,2:00, Second vid link:1:10)
*He is very physical for his size (First vid link: 0:40, 1:20, 2:05 Second vid link 0:50, 1:56, 3:35)
*Can beat press coverage (Second vid link 1:2Cool
*Can get seperation from CB's (First vid link:1:54 Second vid link: 1:25, 1:43, 2:05)
*Can high point the ball (Second vid link: 1:2Cool
Look at the cushion given to him by the CB at 1:50 in the first vid. If you pause it you can see the CB gives a 10 yard cushion. Look at the seperation Goodwin is able to create on this play, and his ability to turn on the jets and chase down the ball.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je7sPrc4RnQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOdsTm_dj2M

If you just look at the receiver abilities of Goodwin/Banks there really isn't any advantages Banks has on Goodwin.
Speed: Goodwin
Change of direction: push
Acceleration: Goodwin
Size: Goodwin
Hands: Goodwin
Route Running: Goodwin
Tracking/Readjusting to ball: Goodwin
Catching at highest point: Goodwin
Blocking: Goodwin
Getting off the line: Goodwin
Physicality/Breaking tackles: Goodwin

As for Banks being a better kick returner in college, that doesn't mean the same can be said for the pros. For example, I'm fairly certain Banks put up better return numbers than Trindon Holliday in college, but if you look what Holliday did in the NFL this year returning kicks it puts Banks to shame, so that college stat argument doesn't work again. Even if Banks is a better returner than Goodwin in the NFL, Banks has nowhere near the ability at WR.

Goodwin is similar to Mike Wallace in that he wasn't utilized very well in college, but showed speed/receiving abilities that could make him dangerous in the NFL. Wallace wasn't viewed as much of an NFL prospect until the senior bowl/combine just like Goodwin.
its more than just stats. Goodwin has never been a consistent productive player. Maybe it changes in the pros, but a lot would have to change.

I guess we'll see what happens. Some of these comparisons you're making I can't even respond to. It's obvious he's your man crush for this draft and no matter what I say, it won't matter. It's cool we all have them, mine is Eric Reid.

Banks and Goodwin played in the same conference, Big 12. If holiday didn't have the #s banks did, it's because he played in a tougher and better tackling conference, the SEC.

Lastly, so much of returning relies on good blocking. When banks had good blocking in 2010 he tore the league up. The blocking wasn't as good and the league changed kick off return rules the last two years and it affected his production.

There is absolutely NO reason for us to draft a kick off return specialist who doesn't return punts in the mid rounds and add another raw wr who's not a great route runner, nor a good blocker in the mid rounds. We have this player on our roster already- his name is Aldrick Robinson.
brownVbored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A potential late round Slot Receiver is Conner Vernon from Duke.

ACC's all time leader in receptions and receiving yards.

He played 4 years at Duke, so he is ahead of people like Calvin Johnson, Jerrico Cotchery, and Hakeem Nicks who only played 3, but still he is an extremely reliable receiver and although not incredibly fast I think could turn into a very good pro.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/conner-vernon?id=2539949
tyler735

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
its more than just stats. Goodwin has never been a consistent productive player. Maybe it changes in the pros, but a lot would have to change.

I guess we'll see what happens. Some of these comparisons you're making I can't even respond to. It's obvious he's your man crush for this draft and no matter what I say, it won't matter. It's cool we all have them, mine is Eric Reid.

Banks and Goodwin played in the same conference, Big 12. If holiday didn't have the #s banks did, it's because he played in a tougher and better tackling conference, the SEC.

Lastly, so much of returning relies on good blocking. When banks had good blocking in 2010 he tore the league up. The blocking wasn't as good and the league changed kick off return rules the last two years and it affected his production.

There is absolutely NO reason for us to draft a kick off return specialist who doesn't return punts in the mid rounds and add another raw wr who's not a great route runner, nor a good blocker in the mid rounds. We have this player on our roster already- his name is Aldrick Robinson.

Drafting Goodwin wouldn't be just to get a return specialist. Honestly if he just played receiver and didn't even do kick returns for us I'd be fine with it. We need someone that can replace Santana Moss as he isn't getting any younger, and Goodwin is the perfect receiver to do so.

I agree kick returning is a lot about blocking. It's hard to have success without blocks on returns. Just like it's hard to put up numbers without consistent QB play/playcalling.

How would a lot have to change for Goodwin to be a productive player in the pros? He would need a consistent QB with a solid deep ball...I feel like we have a couple young QB's like that, so I'm not really following your logic there.

"who's not a great route runner, nor a good blocker in the mid rounds. We have this player on our roster already- his name is Aldrick Robinson."

Did you even read any of those articles I posted? Everyone raves about his ability to run crisp routes, and he was always been considered a solid blocker at Texas, and not afraid to get physical

I recall Robinson to be be the receiver that dropped multiple wide open deep balls this year us, and only really ran 9's or deep crossing routes. Besides his limited route tree, he also didn't add anything to the ground game. Goodwin can help receiving, returning, and rushing. Goodwin also is much faster than Aldrick Robinson, and has shown very consistent hands.

Yeah I do have a man crush on Goodwin, but I'm not posting insane things about him that other people/scouts haven't been saying as well. He has drawn comparisons to Mike Wallace for the offseason that he has had at the Senior Bowl/Combine, and also been compared to Desean Jackson for his gamebreaking ability. Paired with RG3 I have little doubt that Goodwin could take on a similar role to a Desean Jackson.

I just gave you 10-15 articles in my last post that agree with everything that I've been saying about Goodwin...show me a recent article (after senior bowl/combine) that says Goodwin doesn't have solid hands/is a solid route runner.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodwin definitely has some Mike Wallace to his game, but also a lot of Pierre Garcon.

He's definitely better fit to succeed, at WR, than Brandon Banks.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Cowboys draft Goodwin.
Mile Austin won't be there long-term and he'd replace him very well.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tyler keep posting his one highlight per year from every year. That's really going to change my mind! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Jk. But really, he has some highlights but not consistent production. As you say, that could be the offense and I know the talent on offense at UT has blown since McCoy left.

If he is what you guys say he is then you're right then many teams would consider taking him before us in round 2 like the cheifs, lions, cowboys, steelers, jets or dolphins etc might take him. I've seen him play but not a lot (i'd be the furthest thing from a Texas fan- in that conference it'd be OU for me and now WVU)and I've just not seen much over the top plays like Wallace or catch it short and break it long like Antonio Brown, or Garcon.

I can certainly be wrong but the guy has not wowed in college, he's wowed at the combine. Tape doesn't lie, if he was so great he'd catch short passes and break a lot of them long like Banks did in college. I'm certainly not saying Banks is a better wr, but his production was better because he'd get it and people couldn't catch him. You and ST are saying Goodwin is better than that, but there is NO proof other than a few highlights and his track #s at the combine. Which to me spells our work out warrior/track star

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

If I was to take any Safety in this class to try to tackle a TE, or FB on a check down, it would probably be Shamarko Thomas. Being short doesn't hinder his ability to tackle. He is 215lbs which combined with his speed/low center of gravity gives him an advantage over other safety's for tackling/hitting. The guy made plays behind the line of scrimmage all the time at Syracuse. He is the very definition of physical safety.
this is true and that is what Mike23md is saying, it screams out SS to us, not free safety. We'll take either but FS is this teams greatest need.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefphon Jefferson, RB, Nevada: I've heard people say he's the next Alfred Morris, about the same build and runs very similar. He'd be a good pick for the Steelers in round 5 or 6 and he might even last till the 7th

Montel Harris, RB, Temple: Taking over for Bernard Pierce is no easy task, he he did well and would be a steal in the 7th or as an UDFA

Washaun Ealey, RB, Jacksonville State: Small schools never stopped some steelers from becoming an all pro before.

Nathan Stanley, QB, Southeastern Louisiana: Started his career at ole miss but transfered because he wanted to play. He has ideal size at 6'5. He played well at the EW Shrine game and would be a good late round QB to take and develop behind Ben and Gradkowski

Zach Line, FB, SMU: Coached by ex nfl HC June Jones who wan offensive genius, you know Line can play. He was solid at the EW Shirne game 1278 yds rushing, 4.6 yds per play and 13 tds last year

Kyle Juszcyk, FB, Harvard: Led harvard in receptions as a TE last year. Played well at Senior bowl, and will play FB in the NFL.

Jared Hassin, FB, Army: Solid palyer for Army over the past few years, had a good 2012, but got injured last year and missed 1/2 the season.

Aaron Mellette, WR, Elon: Mellette was very productive in college, he dominated at Elon, which makes you wonder why he went there. I almost did, I visited it and I loved that campus but still if this guy had skills you'd think he would have went somewhere where he'd get more noticed. 97 passes for 1,398 yards with 18 touchdowns in 2012. Hello! Shocked As a junior he had even more production. Mellette had big production as a junior (113 catches, 1,639 yards, 12 touchdowns) and sophomore (86 catches, 1,100 yards, 12 scores).

Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State: scouts predicting him as a late round pick and its laughable. He's got better skills than Jake Ballard. He'll be a Steal for someone, Hopefully for the steelers in the 6th or 7th.

matt Furstenberg, TE, UMD: he's got a lot of talent but gets lost because of how poor UMD's qb situation has been the last two seasons. He's a steal as a 7th rnd pick or udfa.

OT: Oday Aboushi, Tanner Hawkinson, Jeff Braun, OT, West Virginia, Elvis Fisher, OT, Missouri : all of these OTs have talent IMO to be something. Wouldn't surprise me if any of them turned out to be starters within the west few years.

Brian Winters, OT/G, Kent State, Garrett Gilkey, G, Chadron State, J.C. Tretter, G, Cornell: again, smaller schools, blah, blah, blah these boys can block and are tough OL with NFL bodies. Some may be starters although they'll be late round picks

Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Miss: fast and physical, this guys just seems like a steeler to me. 6'3, 250 lbs and someone who we can get in the mod rounds and develop for a bit before turning him lose.

Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky: 6'5 250 monster an ACL tear sunk his draft stock but he has talent. If we're patient with honors worth the risk. Smith started the year well with a three-sack game against D.J. Fluker who couldnt block him and Fluker might go round 1. Smith's sacks came in bunches this season. He has four games with sacks and eight games without any. Smith had five sacks against Florida International.

Nathan Williams, DE/OLB OSU: much like Jake Stoneburner it's shocking people consider him a late round pick. He's got alot of talent and production also. He could be a late round steal.

Tom Wort*, ILB, Oklahoma: surprisingly, no one ever mentions him as a possible late round pick. He was productive while at OU. Probably should have went back to school, but If you get him late in the draft now and develop in your scheme, he'll be a steal.

A lot small school cbs everyone thinks will shock people: Robert Alford, CB, Southeast Louisiana; Will Davis, Utah St; Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State; BW Webb, CB, William & Marry- i don't see how Tomlin doesn't take him Cool Laughing ;

Cooper Taylor, S, Richmond: this kid has SS written all over him 6'5 235 lbs, heavy hitter. He'd be like an extra LB on the field with some coverage ability. He was a standout of the e-w shrine game, was all mover the field. He has a lot of developmental skills, if he can't play safety he could be a reserve ILB and primarily special teams payer.

Brandon Bishop, S, NC, ST: overshadowed by Amerson and Wolf, Bishop quietly has put together a few solid years at safety for NC ST.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: