Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade a 2nd and 4th to get Teo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

?
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No
95%
 95%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 24

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Being labeled the "safest" player in the draft seems to be a really bad thing.

Doesn't bode well for Chance Warmack.
I think a lot of it is that the draft isn't really about playing it safe. Im starting to read "safe" or sure thing as "little to no potential for improvement"

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean I think the hype for both Warmack and Joeckel has slowed down because of this. Fisher,Johnson and Cooper because of their ceilings seem to making ground.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
topwop1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Being labeled the "safest" player in the draft seems to be a really bad thing.

Doesn't bode well for Chance Warmack.
I think a lot of it is that the draft isn't really about playing it safe. Im starting to read "safe" or sure thing as "little to no potential for improvement"

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean I think the hype for both Warmack and Joeckel has slowed down because of this. Fisher,Johnson and Cooper because of their ceilings seem to making ground.

Keep in mind what people were saying about DeCastro last year. All the draftniks were saying how he was one of the safest picks and the best OG to have come out in years (comparable to Steve Hutchinson) and was expected to be a top-10 pick...only to be drafted 24th overall.

I understand that Warmack may be considered a better prospect than DeCastro was but just saying don't believe all the hype with these guys leading up to the draft.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this one is way better:

RTD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Superman(DH23)"][quote="DaMike"][quote="Superman(DH23)"][quote="DaMike"][quote="Superman(DH23)"]He's not worth a 2nd to us, so why give up a 2nd AND a 4th? He's not a first round LBer dude.[/quote]He's still a fringe 1st rounder and I guy I could still see being a 1st round pick. Let us benefit from his bad offseason.[/quote]As we've discussed before he is a 3-4 ILB only. He does not have sideline to sideline speed, which he showed yesterday. He can't play in our scheme.[/quote]3-4 ILB only? You obviously dont understand what is required from a 3-4 ILB in todays NFL. He can play in our scheme and every scheme. Im guessing you dont think Minter can play in our scheme either?[/quote]I absolutely believe Minter can play in our scheme b/c he looks faster on tape than a 4.81 and still played very well against elite competition running a pro scheme. Te'o did not, and looked everybit his 4.82 on tape. But the guy I'm really interested in (and have been looking at him for a while) is Bostic.[/quote]
I agree with you Superman23. Teo will be there when we pick @ 50 if Emery would want him. Especially with the combine he just had. If he doesnt wow them at his proday, he a late second day pick. And in imo, Bostic is the same type guy with better speed and can in had in the 4th round.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTD wrote:

I agree with you Superman23. Teo will be there when we pick @ 50 if Emery would want him. Especially with the combine he just had. If he doesnt wow them at his proday, he a late second day pick. And in imo, Bostic is the same type guy with better speed and can in had in the 4th round.
Actually unlike Te'o, Bostic is a guy who does fit our scheme, however I'm not sure he is there in the 4th, he's in that group that I think goes in the 2nd round.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: