Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade a 2nd and 4th to get Teo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

?
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No
95%
 95%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 24

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I think Mike Mayock said it best. The good teams at the end of the 1st hope for things like this. They hope for talented players like this for run bad 40s.
No good team is going to take him in the first. Or second, actually. Mayock apparently is ignoring the idiocy for some reason.

I'd take this bet. Donation to Bears Charities?
Why would I bet on what an idiot GM might do? They make stupid moves every year and this guy might benefit from one. But there will not be any good GM who picks him.

There are probably half a dozen LBs I would take before him.

We would not have even heard of him had it not been for the huge fraudulent buildup prior to the truth coming out.

No we definitely would have heard of him without his "girlfriend" dying. With the season he had, with Notre Dame no less, the hype would still be there. He had a phenomenal season on defense on probably the most popular university in the country which helped lead them to the National Championship game.
There is a huge difference between a good football player and the Golden Child.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Nevada head coach Brian Polian said Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o was "sheltered" but is a "great" person.

"The reason I've been so upset at how Manti has been portrayed is that I know him. He doesn't conspire to trick anyone. The people who would be so cynical, so jaded or such Notre Dame-haters simply don't know him. You have to see how he grew up," Polian said. "He lived in a little town on the north shore [of Oahu], where everyone knows everybody. Then he goes to a prestigious private school and, I'm not going to lie, he was sheltered. Then he goes to Notre Dame, and there aren't many places that protect and shelter their students like Notre Dame. This whole story happens, and he's guilty of one thing: trusting some sicko, because that's what he does, he trusts people." Polian recruited Te'o to Notre Dame.
Humanitarian of the Year? Fine. The 20th pick in the draft for the Bears? No way.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I think Mike Mayock said it best. The good teams at the end of the 1st hope for things like this. They hope for talented players like this for run bad 40s.
No good team is going to take him in the first. Or second, actually. Mayock apparently is ignoring the idiocy for some reason.

I'd take this bet. Donation to Bears Charities?
Why would I bet on what an idiot GM might do? They make stupid moves every year and this guy might benefit from one. But there will not be any good GM who picks him.

There are probably half a dozen LBs I would take before him.

We would not have even heard of him had it not been for the huge fraudulent buildup prior to the truth coming out.

No we definitely would have heard of him without his "girlfriend" dying. With the season he had, with Notre Dame no less, the hype would still be there. He had a phenomenal season on defense on probably the most popular university in the country which helped lead them to the National Championship game.

Agree that he would have been on people's radar, but I agree with those who say he is overrated. He's a nice football player but to take a MLB that high I want to see him be GREAT at something, and I don't see that. I see a solid prospect who will probably be a 10 year pro but I don't see him being a perennial pro bowler type, and for my money that's what kind of potential I want to see in my 1st and 2nd round picks.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st round MLBs look and play like Pat Willis and Lawrence Timmons and Te'o is not that class of athlete.

Te'o is going to be a steady MLB in the NFL and he has a great season this year.

But if I am taking a LB or an OG/C in round 1 they have to be special and he is not special.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This board's polls have been really funny lately.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
1st round MLBs look and play like Pat Willis and Lawrence Timmons and Te'o is not that class of athlete.

Te'o is going to be a steady MLB in the NFL and he has a great season this year.

But if I am taking a LB or an OG/C in round 1 they have to be special and he is not special.
Aaron Curry was drafted higher then both those guys.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Curry was well overdrafted (as has been proven by the test of time) and he was an amazing athlete w/ great tape. Te'o isn't close to the same prospect Curry was.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
This board's polls have been really funny lately.
I do what I can.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Curry was well overdrafted (as has been proven by the test of time) and he was an amazing athlete w/ great tape. Te'o isn't close to the same prospect Curry was.

What was funny about Curry was I remember a lot of talk leading up to that draft about how Curry was perhaps a safer pick than Stafford.
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I think Teo is better. I wasnt high on Curry though. You dont have to be an elite athlete to be a good NFL LB. Look at Poz and Laurinatis (sp)
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I think Teo is better. I wasnt high on Curry though. You dont have to be an elite athlete to be a good NFL LB. Look at Poz and Laurinatis (sp)
Curry wasn't just an elite athlete, he was a great football player on tape. Te'o is an ok in the box player on tape, and not a very good athlete. That's a big difference

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

What was funny about Curry was I remember a lot of talk leading up to that draft about how Curry was perhaps a safer pick than Stafford.
Yeah he was the "safest" player in that draft. Robert Gallery was also the safest player of 2002 draft tho. And let's not forget 2008s "safest" player, Glenn Dorsey. Being labeled the "safest" player in the draft seems to be a really bad thing.

OneBadCat wrote:
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Being labeled the "safest" player in the draft seems to be a really bad thing.

Doesn't bode well for Chance Warmack.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Being labeled the "safest" player in the draft seems to be a really bad thing.

Doesn't bode well for Chance Warmack.
I think a lot of it is that the draft isn't really about playing it safe. Im starting to read "safe" or sure thing as "little to no potential for improvement"

OneBadCat wrote:
Slider3485

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not pining for the guy but I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him. James Laurinaitis had pretty much the exact same combine performance and look how good he has been for the Rams. If we were to draft him I think we'd be getting a pretty good football player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: