Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade a 2nd and 4th to get Teo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

?
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No
95%
 95%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 24

ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you trade a 2nd and 4th to get Teo? Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I would.
Not a chance.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
I think Mike Mayock said it best. The good teams at the end of the 1st hope for things like this. They hope for talented players like this for run bad 40s.
No good team is going to take him in the first. Or second, actually. Mayock apparently is ignoring the idiocy for some reason.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:
I think Mike Mayock said it best. The good teams at the end of the 1st hope for things like this. They hope for talented players like this for run bad 40s.
No good team is going to take him in the first. Or second, actually. Mayock apparently is ignoring the idiocy for some reason.
Its not Mayock. Everyone said he was a 1st rounder based on what he did in college.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I'd take this bet. Donation to Bears Charities?

Adopt-a-Bear Kyle Long

PFF Grade through Regular-Season Game 3: 2.7 (20th in NFL) Highest rated rookie OL

Highest rated OL in the Pre-Season
raq11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:

Did you see John Harbaugh's reaction? It wasn't the look of someone who was hoping he ran a bad 40. Sheer disappointment.

DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I bet a lot of other GMs are seeing that video and taking Teo off there board because of that video.
Landru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

You don't think he's going to go in the first two rounds? That's ludicrous. He'll have a good showing at pro day and will most likely end up in the late first round.
MiBears4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: No Reply with quote

I wouldn't. We need to accumulate draft picks not spend them.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo looks good in the positional drills. He's really fluid.
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Why would I bet on what an idiot GM might do? They make stupid moves every year and this guy might benefit from one. But there will not be any good GM who picks him.

There are probably half a dozen LBs I would take before him.

We would not have even heard of him had it not been for the huge fraudulent buildup prior to the truth coming out.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landru wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

You don't think he's going to go in the first two rounds? That's ludicrous. He'll have a good showing at pro day and will most likely end up in the late first round.
That is fine by me. But the last thing the Bears need is a medium-sized slow LB. He probably would have a hard time beating Urlacher even now. If we take him in the 4th or 5th ok. But the 20th pick? Ridiculous.

BTW I am not a ND hater either.

He has not shown me that he is elite by any means.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: No Reply with quote

MiBears4 wrote:
I wouldn't. We need to accumulate draft picks not spend them.
Exactamundo. BTW welcome aboard. Now you have access to some of the best Cat Fights in the country.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Why would I bet on what an idiot GM might do? They make stupid moves every year and this guy might benefit from one. But there will not be any good GM who picks him.

There are probably half a dozen LBs I would take before him.

We would not have even heard of him had it not been for the huge fraudulent buildup prior to the truth coming out.

No we definitely would have heard of him without his "girlfriend" dying. With the season he had, with Notre Dame no less, the hype would still be there. He had a phenomenal season on defense on probably the most popular university in the country which helped lead them to the National Championship game.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nevada head coach Brian Polian said Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o was "sheltered" but is a "great" person.

"The reason I've been so upset at how Manti has been portrayed is that I know him. He doesn't conspire to trick anyone. The people who would be so cynical, so jaded or such Notre Dame-haters simply don't know him. You have to see how he grew up," Polian said. "He lived in a little town on the north shore [of Oahu], where everyone knows everybody. Then he goes to a prestigious private school and, I'm not going to lie, he was sheltered. Then he goes to Notre Dame, and there aren't many places that protect and shelter their students like Notre Dame. This whole story happens, and he's guilty of one thing: trusting some sicko, because that's what he does, he trusts people." Polian recruited Te'o to Notre Dame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: