Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you trade a 2nd and 4th to get Teo?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

?
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No
95%
 95%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5707
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Would you trade a 2nd and 4th to get Teo? Reply with quote

I would.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16754
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I'm not against drafting him, but I'm totally against spending essentially 60% of our draft on one guy.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 77 Yds: 821 TD: 6

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mudderfudder77


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 1842
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubya Tee Heffe?


Just a straight up trade? No way. I can get a comparable LB at 50, and then still use 4th on a developmental OL. Too much to give up.
_________________


Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19348
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not worth a 2nd to us, so why give up a 2nd AND a 4th? He's not a first round LBer dude.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5707
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
He's not worth a 2nd to us, so why give up a 2nd AND a 4th? He's not a first round LBer dude.
He's still a fringe 1st rounder and I guy I could still see being a 1st round pick. Let us benefit from his bad offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19348
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
He's not worth a 2nd to us, so why give up a 2nd AND a 4th? He's not a first round LBer dude.
He's still a fringe 1st rounder and I guy I could still see being a 1st round pick. Let us benefit from his bad offseason.
As we've discussed before he is a 3-4 ILB only. He does not have sideline to sideline speed, which he showed yesterday. He can't play in our scheme.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5707
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
He's not worth a 2nd to us, so why give up a 2nd AND a 4th? He's not a first round LBer dude.
He's still a fringe 1st rounder and I guy I could still see being a 1st round pick. Let us benefit from his bad offseason.
As we've discussed before he is a 3-4 ILB only. He does not have sideline to sideline speed, which he showed yesterday. He can't play in our scheme.
3-4 ILB only? You obviously dont understand what is required from a 3-4 ILB in todays NFL. He can play in our scheme and every scheme. Im guessing you dont think Minter can play in our scheme either?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19348
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
He's not worth a 2nd to us, so why give up a 2nd AND a 4th? He's not a first round LBer dude.
He's still a fringe 1st rounder and I guy I could still see being a 1st round pick. Let us benefit from his bad offseason.
As we've discussed before he is a 3-4 ILB only. He does not have sideline to sideline speed, which he showed yesterday. He can't play in our scheme.
3-4 ILB only? You obviously dont understand what is required from a 3-4 ILB in todays NFL. He can play in our scheme and every scheme. Im guessing you dont think Minter can play in our scheme either?
I absolutely believe Minter can play in our scheme b/c he looks faster on tape than a 4.81 and still played very well against elite competition running a pro scheme. Te'o did not, and looked everybit his 4.82 on tape. But the guy I'm really interested in (and have been looking at him for a while) is Bostic.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5233
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, what kind of question is ths?
_________________


BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real


Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shruj


Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 178
Location: Oswego, IL
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Haha, what kind of question is ths?



ditto.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5707
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My polls don't seem to go over well here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 23223
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
No. I'm not against drafting him, but I'm totally against spending essentially 60% of our draft on one guy.


Agreed...can't give up that much for Te'o.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SOCalBearsFan54


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 846
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like we would be giving up way too much for a well known player when there are other LBs who are more talented. I also don't wont the baggage and the circus that follows Te'o.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 58 Yards- 660 TDs- 8 Tgts- 102
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5707
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mike Mayock said it best. The good teams at the end of the 1st hope for things like this. They hope for talented players like this for run bad 40s.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 19655
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
My polls don't seem to go over well here.


Probably because they are really silly.

He doesnt fit in this scheme and is limited in his ability. Plus he has a circus that he carries(similar to the other thread isnt it?). So absolutely not.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group