Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's a trap!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:

Can't believe that wasn't posted yet. Laughing

I'm still undecided what we should do at this point. Confused

Our cruisers can't repel fire of that magnitude!

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
arin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones or bust for passrushersss
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arin wrote:
Jarvis Jones or bust for passrushersss

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
WE-R-Lions

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha Franchise wrote:
dockthegreat1 wrote:
I don't get what people dont like about dee miliner he is a stud...people say that he isnt a lock down corner but how many lock down corners are there in the league? Maybe 2 or 3...if he can be a good to very good corner thats good enough for this draft...there are 2 elite players and a bunch of maybes...warmack and joeckel are the only elite prospects theres huge question mark about everyone else...

Chris Houston is a border top 12 NFL CB. He is only 28 going into his prime right now.

Dwight Bentley played just 4 games, and showed flashes and also displayed he had plenty of room to grow

Cherilus was really solid last year, but it wasn't long ago they considered benching or cutting him in favor of Hillird. Between micro fracture in his past, and the blood thing, he is a high rim low reward type.

Reiff was interesting. Doesn't yet appear to have an nfl body, but moved well and seemingly has potential. Hopefully with an offseason in the weight room, he can be at least a good starting RT.

Backups is old, broken, and not worth the 2 million.

Fox will be the backup and swing tackle.

The way I see it...

1- DE
2- CB
3- FS
4- RG
5- LT
6- WR
7- RB
8- K

There isn't a viable DE under contract on this team. However a high paid project with our best acquisition resource (1 pick) is too risky. There a to s of DE players on the UFA list. I will be okay be thrifty with who we start next to Suh and Fairley. Someone cheap like LoJack, a vet and done.

We have a top 12 nfl CB who I think we can get for 6 million a year. I think 5 for 30 million does it. We have a young talent in Bentley who scares me, but not as much as using a precious bullet on a high pick to replace him. I wouldn't trade the 5 pick for Patrick Peterson or Revis. Revis too much money, starting to see injury pattern. Peterson not a great cover orner. If I did make the trade, he'd be our starting free safety. Their will be a cheap vet better than Lacey. Sign Houston, get a vet, cross fingers on Bentley.

FS? I guess this should have been tops. If we pay Delmas, we can almost count on paying 5 mil minimum between he and a junk backup, and then playing that junk backup. He can't stay healthy enough to be counted on. A poor poor mans Bob Sanders. This is a pace to spend that 2 pick. Good talent there, sure to land a starter. Cheap price. One bullet, huge need, hole filled.

RG boasts riches and garbage via UFA. I will pass on the 35-40 million for Levitre. I love the C/OG prospects likely there atop round 3. Target one or 2 and plan to move up if need be.

LT. The money we have in Stafford and Alvin makes Fisher a no brainer. Stud technician, and likely 10 year Sartre. Again one BG bullet, but it fixes LT, and RT at the same time. Reiff won't be counted on to do more than he can.

WR- we may have to take a flier on a Braylon Edwards type move. Get a 2 year 4 million dollar offer to him. Guarantee 1mil and let the other 3 kick into a guarantee if incentives are reached. Big body deep threat opposite Calvin and moves Nate back to the slot. If not him, same deal for Ted Ginn give or take.

RB- 5th round mighty mite. See Jaquizz, Leon Washington type.
6 round kicker. Likely a top kicker there in round 6. Dirt cheap to sign. Skip paying a Dave rayner type 900k

Osi- ufa
LoJack- ufa
Houston- ufa
Antoine Cason- ufa
Charles Woodson- ufa

1 Fisher LT
2 Elam SS
3 Barrett Jones RG
5 RB

Woodson 1 year 4 million
Cason 4 years 12 million 6 guaranteed
Houston 5 years 31 million 10 guaranteed
Osi 3 years 11 million
LoJack 2 years 3.5 million

The whole shot cheaper than Avril

Makes a lot sense, and wouldn't be disappointed if the off-season fell that way.

You are missing our comp pick @ pick 95 (Rd 3)

I wouldn't be disappointed if we picked a WR or DE in the top 3 Rds

Pick 36 will be a wild card as QB needy teams will start selecting QB's at the top of the second Rd. dropping a quality player for us to select from.

36 Elam SS or a WR like Markus Wheaton (Young's replacement). Makes sense to me.

DE Tank Carradine @ 65? (I think he drops to 65). Medical??? Could be a steal or someone we don't even want. (Avril was taken in the 3rd Rd.)

"Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) measured 6-foot-4 1/8 and 276 pounds at Saturday's Combine weigh-in.
Carradine's college listing was 6-foot-5, 251, so he's stouter than expected. Before tearing the ACL last November, Carradine posted 13 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, and a team-high 20 QB hurries (more than Bjoern Werner) in 11 games. Medical checks will determine whether Carradine still has a shot at the first round."
Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

Comp pick: 95 BPA Barrett Jones RG or a RB like Andre Ellington???
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE-R-Lions wrote:
You are missing our comp pick @ pick 95 (Rd 3)

We aren't getting a 3rd round comp pick. Where did you hear that? We might get a 4th or 5th for Eric Wright, but 3rd round comp picks are very rare and generally reserved for players that get big, big contracts like Mario Williams ($96 million), Brandon Carr ($50.1 million), or Cortland Finnegan ($50 million).

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Tha Franchise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down! I know it is often suggested, and never happens for us, but this is the year. Save money add bullets.

Jets trade #9, #72, and #134 to Detroit for #5

Getting a 1, 3, and 5 for dropping 4 spots seems perfect to me.

1. Joeckel
2. Floyd
3. D. Milliner
4. E. Fisher
5. *jets* Dion Jordan.- 3-4 pass rusher
6. E. Ansah
7. Geno Smith
8. Patterson
9. .....

We choose Warmack, Lane Johnson, Rhodes
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tha Franchise wrote:
Trade down! I know it is often suggested, and never happens for us, but this is the year. Save money add bullets.

Jets trade #9, #72, and #134 to Detroit for #5

Getting a 1, 3, and 5 for dropping 4 spots seems perfect to me.

1. Joeckel
2. Floyd
3. D. Milliner
4. E. Fisher
5. *jets* Dion Jordan.- 3-4 pass rusher
6. E. Ansah
7. Geno Smith
8. Patterson
9. .....

We choose Warmack, Lane Johnson, Rhodes
i also want a trade down but im not seeing the jetsdo that. they would know either Ansah,jordan.mingo would slip to pick 9. i think cleveland is a wild card in all this...teams know they will trade down if given the chance..so imo i think this does help us with a trade down. as long as we get a future pick out of a trade down ill be a happy camper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: