Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock off-season Version 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Lane Johnson <<<<<<<< Watch the tape. I'm not one to fall in love with what a guy could be. Lane Johnson is not worth close to a top 15 pick.

Watch the games at the end of the season....the improvement he made is unreal...Lets put this into perspective....the guy has onlt played offensive line for 2 years....before that he was a TE and in High School was a QB. He was able to not only start at one of the most NCAA programs in the country, but he did very well. He's only going to get better and his athleticism makes him a perfect fit for the ZBS....

[quote="Mike Mayock]"His 40-yard dash time was faster than Anquan Boldin," NFL Network Analyst Mike Mayock said of Johnson. "His vertical at 34 inches was the same as A.J. Green think about this, this is an offensive tackle at 300-plus pounds. He ran faster than Anquan Boldin, he jumped the same as A.J. Green and his broad jump at nine feet, 10 inches was the same as Steven Ridley. Think about those three things for a 300-pound offensive tackle and put that in perspective of what he can be.

I'm failing to see significance in what good a 40 yard dash and a broad jump is going to do to benefit a Tackle. Does not drive well, does not get push, does not sustain blocks. Does not stun with his hands. Looks extremely lean for OT.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Lane Johnson <<<<<<<< Watch the tape. I'm not one to fall in love with what a guy could be. Lane Johnson is not worth close to a top 15 pick.

Watch the games at the end of the season....the improvement he made is unreal...Lets put this into perspective....the guy has onlt played offensive line for 2 years....before that he was a TE and in High School was a QB. He was able to not only start at one of the most NCAA programs in the country, but he did very well. He's only going to get better and his athleticism makes him a perfect fit for the ZBS....

[quote="Mike Mayock]"His 40-yard dash time was faster than Anquan Boldin," NFL Network Analyst Mike Mayock said of Johnson. "His vertical at 34 inches was the same as A.J. Green think about this, this is an offensive tackle at 300-plus pounds. He ran faster than Anquan Boldin, he jumped the same as A.J. Green and his broad jump at nine feet, 10 inches was the same as Steven Ridley. Think about those three things for a 300-pound offensive tackle and put that in perspective of what he can be.

I'm failing to see significance in what good a 40 yard dash and a broad jump is going to do to benefit a Tackle. Does not drive well, does not get push, does not sustain blocks. Does not stun with his hands. Looks extremely lean for OT.

Going off the of the Texas game I saw him do all the thing you mentioned he doesn't do..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the Texas A&M bowl game and watch him get thoroughly worked. Awkward in space too. Moves well yes...but thats like priority number 6 when it comes to Tackles.

Warpticon wrote:
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Watch the Texas A&M bowl game and watch him get thoroughly worked. Awkward in space too. Moves well yes...but thats like priority number 6 when it comes to Tackles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSciUhPelqA

Here's the game....9 1/2 minutes of him blocking....I don't see anything tht shows him getting worked....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a guy with the obvious hight wieght and length for LT. Someone who can get to 2nd leval fires out of his stance when getting on the move. The thing I like the most is how he uses his length keeping defenders away while sliding his feet and his base in pass blocking is very good and is a natual knee bender. He isnt a finished product and first contact puts him backwards some of his weakness remind me of J martin but johnson plays with a much more mean streak. and I had him high before he ever ran a 40 yard dash. I see some joe staley in him but time will tell I guess.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked was a poor choice of words. I think highlighting strengths and weaknesses would've been a better way to put things. His feet are quick...but his footwork is not good. He has a very lazy kick slide. He doesn't get good drive off the ball against linemen. He plays well in space, but he doesn't sustain his run blocks well. He has a good anchor. But his punch is weak.

I just personally don't like him.

Warpticon wrote:
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Worked was a poor choice of words. I think highlighting strengths and weaknesses would've been a better way to put things. His feet are quick...but his footwork is not good. He has a very lazy kick slide. He doesn't get good drive off the ball against linemen. He plays well in space, but he doesn't sustain his run blocks well. He has a good anchor. But his punch is weak.

I just personally don't like him.

It's understandable....we all have our opinions....

I'm the same way about Dion Jordan, Hunt and Patterson...I know they have huge upside, but I see too many flaws to take a chance on them.

Time will tell with these risk/reward players...as much as I love football I would hate to have my job constantly depending on picking the right guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: