Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock off-season Version 3.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Mock off-season Version 3.0 Reply with quote

Tag
Randy Starks

Trade
Daniel Thomas and a dozen Cuban Sandwiches for 4th round pick in 2014

Sign
WR Mike Wallace
WR Brain Hartline
CB Dominique Rodger-Cromartie
S Chris Clemons
OL Nate Garner
TE Anthony Fasano

Draft
1-T Lane Johnson
2(a) – TE Zach Ertz
2(b) –OL Barrett Jones
3(a) – WR Ryan Swope
3(b) - CB David Amerson
4 – RB Marcus Lattimore
5 – CB Tyrann Mathieu

Offense
QB – Tannehill
WR – Wallace
WR – Hartline
WR – Bess/Swope
TE – Ertz/Fasano/Clay
RB – Miller/Lattimore
T – Johnson
T – Martin
G – Jones
G – Incognito
C – Pouncey

Defense
DE – Wake
DE – Odrick (the lighter version)/Vernon
DT – Starks
DT – Soliei
LB – Dansby
LB - Misi
LB – Burnett
S - Jones
S - Clemons
CB – DRC
CB – Amerson
Nickel – Mathieu

Offense – Add some pieces to the O-line while giving Martin another year to see if he is the real deal. Wallace will take the tops off the defenses while Bess, Hartline, Ertz, and Swope kill them underneath. Lattimore compliments Miller and gives the Phins a guy who will run tough on short yardage.

Defense – No big pass rush signing (need to save something for next off-season) year. Smith will want as much as DRC and I would rather have the later. LB’s stay the same, they played well all season. Add Amerson and Mathieu in the draft to bolster the defensive backfield.

Last edited by ViolentMonk71 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, I liked the first part of your draft thru 3a. Trading for Donald Thomas made me laugh. No defensive ends or linebackers acquired at all would be a disaster. Overall its a halfway decent offseason imo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you trade Daniel Thomas and pick up only Marcus Lattimore in the draft? Lattimore is coming off of a season ending injury which is almost the exact same injury on the opposite leg in the second year.

Don't get me wrong, I like Marcus Lattimore as a RB alot. But I don't trust that he can recover and be a productive RB in the NFL. At least not as the number 2 RB for the Fins and with no back up RB to him.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get behind this offseason. I think it fills a lot of holes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
How can you trade Daniel Thomas and pick up only Marcus Lattimore in the draft? Lattimore is coming off of a season ending injury which is almost the exact same injury on the opposite leg in the second year.

Don't get me wrong, I like Marcus Lattimore as a RB alot. But I don't trust that he can recover and be a productive RB in the NFL. At least not as the number 2 RB for the Fins and with no back up RB to him.

Because running backs are a dime a dozen and finding someone who can replace what Thomas brought to the field will be rather easy.

Lets not forget the Phins also have Thigpen and Gray on the roster....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's almost perfect but as someone else mentioned we need to upgrade our pass rush. I think personally we can do without a TE in the draft and instead sign one of the FA available (Keller or Cook ideally) and then you can use pick 2(a) on whichever pass rusher is top on your board (maybe a Margus Hunt or someone like that).
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stepover wrote:
I think it's almost perfect but as someone else mentioned we need to upgrade our pass rush. I think personally we can do without a TE in the draft and instead sign one of the FA available (Keller or Cook ideally) and then you can use pick 2(a) on whichever pass rusher is top on your board (maybe a Margus Hunt or someone like that).

I thought about that, but the Dolphins were 7th last season in sacks with 41, but were 27th in passing yards and 30th in passing TD's so I decided to focus on that area and continue to go with the guys that manage to get the team in the top 10 in sacks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock.
It doesnt address improving our pass rush but I still think it adds the best possible talent ehere we neef it, Off.

sug
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock.
It doesnt address improving our pass rush but I still think it adds the best possible talent where we need it, Offense !

sug
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominique Rodger-Cromartie is a huge head case and doesn't work hard. He is not a Philbin type at all. If we take DRC, we should have stuck with Vontae, they are very similar when it comes to work ethic. He is not a fit for the phins, in my opinion.

Beyond that, no pass rush addition is a huge problem from where I sit. To me, WRs and pass rush should be the priorities for this team. I know Swope speed is sick, but I don't care for too much. He dropped a lot of balls at the combine and seems to be a guy that is rising strictly based on speed. My experience with the draft is that guys that fly up boards based solely on speed are risky picks. I'd rather have some of the other WR talent available when he is earmarked to go.

What I do like is the addition of a TE and a speed guy in Wallace. The Oline additions are welcomed, and Johnson sure looks like a man mountain, who would be a great add. His feet make him especially appealing.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Dominique Rodger-Cromartie is a huge head case and doesn't work hard. He is not a Philbin type at all. If we take DRC, we should have stuck with Vontae, they are very similar when it comes to work ethic. He is not a fit for the phins, in my opinion.

Beyond that, no pass rush addition is a huge problem from where I sit. To me, WRs and pass rush should be the priorities for this team. I know Swope speed is sick, but I don't care for too much. He dropped a lot of balls at the combine and seems to be a guy that is rising strictly based on speed. My experience with the draft is that guys that fly up boards based solely on speed are risky picks. I'd rather have some of the other WR talent available when he is earmarked to go.

What I do like is the addition of a TE and a speed guy in Wallace. The Oline additions are welcomed, and Johnson sure looks like a man mountain, who would be a great add. His feet make him especially appealing.

I agree, I think I'd rather Smith.

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious as to why everyone seem to think the Phins need a major upgrade to the pass rush? The Dolphins ranked in the top 10 in getting to the QB....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lane Johnson <<<<<<<< Watch the tape. I'm not one to fall in love with what a guy could be. Lane Johnson is not worth close to a top 15 pick.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Just curious as to why everyone seem to think the Phins need a major upgrade to the pass rush? The Dolphins ranked in the top 10 in getting to the QB....

Because we leaned hard on C Wake & when he got doubled teamed & late in gms our pass rush was shaky. Besides as I've been saying we need to land another blitzer as a safety precaution. Our pass rush is/has been 1 dimensional for a while.

sug
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Lane Johnson <<<<<<<< Watch the tape. I'm not one to fall in love with what a guy could be. Lane Johnson is not worth close to a top 15 pick.

Watch the games at the end of the season....the improvement he made is unreal...Lets put this into perspective....the guy has onlt played offensive line for 2 years....before that he was a TE and in High School was a QB. He was able to not only start at one of the most NCAA programs in the country, but he did very well. He's only going to get better and his athleticism makes him a perfect fit for the ZBS....

Mike Mayock wrote:
"His 40-yard dash time was faster than Anquan Boldin," NFL Network Analyst Mike Mayock said of Johnson. "His vertical at 34 inches was the same as A.J. Green – think about this, this is an offensive tackle at 300-plus pounds. He ran faster than Anquan Boldin, he jumped the same as A.J. Green and his broad jump at nine feet, 10 inches was the same as Steven Ridley. Think about those three things for a 300-pound offensive tackle and put that in perspective of what he can be.

Last edited by ViolentMonk71 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: