Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do u want at #28?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brncos4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Mile High wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
My first choice and the one that I believe would help us BY FAR the most, would be to trade #28 as the centerpiece of a deal for Darrelle Revis.

Curious say the Jets say that isn't enough. What is the most GM AAA give up for Revis?

I think the trade I had in my mock is very similar to one that would eventually get done.

#28 + a 2014 3rd rounder that becomes a 2nd rounder if Denver wins in the Super Bowl in the 2013 season.

Given that the Jets won't be able to re-sign Revis after the 2013 season, they will likely have to take below-market value to get something for him now rather than watch him walk in a year and get nothing.

In this case AAA, in 2nd round do u go DT? seems like DT is loaded in this draft, and securing revis would help us go DT in 2nd or ?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
1. Tavon Austin
2. Ziggy Ansah (have to trade up)
3. Margus Hunt
4. Barkevious Mingo
5. Da'Rick Rodgers

And I guess you're sliding Wolfe inside? Wink
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the Hunt love. I think his measurables are freaky, but someone like him should have absolutely dominated everyone he played at SMU. There should be no one at lower levels of D1 football who can contain him. He has value on ST because his wingspan is absurd, but as a full time starter, he'd get rocked.

Thanks, Tzimisce
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavon Austin
Alec Ogletree
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant
Kawann Short

Props to Jamison on the sig
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
1. Tavon Austin
2. Ziggy Ansah (have to trade up)
3. Margus Hunt
4. Barkevious Mingo
5. Da'Rick Rodgers

And I guess you're sliding Wolfe inside? Wink

Absolutely. Elway called him a DT when we drafted him. I have no reason to believe the plan isnt to move him there eventually. Remember, Wolfe wasnt playing DE till Hunter went down with the injury in TC. He'll need to put on about 15 pounds this offseason though.

broncos67 wrote:
I don't understand the Hunt love. I think his measurables are freaky, but someone like him should have absolutely dominated everyone he played at SMU. There should be no one at lower levels of D1 football who can contain him. He has value on ST because his wingspan is absurd, but as a full time starter, he'd get rocked.

I disagree. The guys only played football for 3 years. Hes so raw and extremely explosive. I watch him and think he'll be outstanding at LE. Think about a package of Doom-Wolfe-Hunt-Von in the nickel. As McDonalds says, "I'm lovin' it".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
Tavon Austin
Alec Ogletree
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant

Kawann Short

I like these corners...

Xavier Rhodes - 6'2" 210 lbs running a 4.41? Yes, please.

Trufant at 6' 190 lbs running 4.31/4.38...you bet.

Right now, my money is on a CB at #28.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
b_rent87 wrote:
Tavon Austin
Alec Ogletree
Xavier Rhodes
Desmond Trufant

Kawann Short

I like these corners...

Xavier Rhodes - 6'2" 210 lbs running a 4.41? Yes, please.

Trufant at 6' 190 lbs running 4.31/4.38...you bet.

Right now, my money is on a CB at #28.

I have that same thinking but who knows if we decide to trade for Revis or if somehow someone slips to 26-28 range.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brncos4life wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Mile High wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
My first choice and the one that I believe would help us BY FAR the most, would be to trade #28 as the centerpiece of a deal for Darrelle Revis.

Curious say the Jets say that isn't enough. What is the most GM AAA give up for Revis?

I think the trade I had in my mock is very similar to one that would eventually get done.

#28 + a 2014 3rd rounder that becomes a 2nd rounder if Denver wins in the Super Bowl in the 2013 season.

Given that the Jets won't be able to re-sign Revis after the 2013 season, they will likely have to take below-market value to get something for him now rather than watch him walk in a year and get nothing.

In this case AAA, in 2nd round do u go DT? seems like DT is loaded in this draft, and securing revis would help us go DT in 2nd or ?

In that case you go with the best player on your board in the 2nd. Same with the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th. Same as you would do in the 1st if you don't trade #28 for Revis.

You don't zero-in on a specific position, that leads to reaches. You create a draft board that ranks players by combining team need, fit for scheme, importance of position and a prospects' overall rankings. Then you stick to your board and draft the top one on your board with each pick; that's how winning teams are built. Saying, "well we need a DT so we have to take one with pick X even though he is the 15th ranked player available on our big board," is a fool's errand.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Last edited by AnAngryAmerican on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
RazorStar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Rhodes. Though he's far and away the best corner in this draft so he isn't falling to us. Making a move for him would be worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well most of the players i would really want at #28 aren't going to be around. However, 2 players who appear to have a decent shot at being around at #28 are CB Xavier Rhodes and DT Jonathan Hankins.

I like Rhodes, he's a gifted player, but there still seems to be some debate on where he ends up. Some have him as a top 20 pick while others believe he's a late 1st/2nd rounder. If he were available he would be a great pick. He'll be an upgrade day 1 while also possessing a large of amount of potential at the position.

As the draft process has started to play out Hankins has continued to slip. I read from either Daniel Jeremiah or Russ Lande, that based off of talking to scouts Hankins appears to be a late 1st/2nd round type of guy. Hankins isn't going to offer a lot as a rusher, but i think he has the makings of an elite run defender and not only because he is big and will just clog up lanes in the middle. I've found Hankins to do a great job at working down the LOS and eliminating cut back lanes making him capable of making an impact outside the tackles.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germ-X,

I agree with you on Hankins. He is the type of DT Fox and JDR have favored over the years. He is in the Kris Jenkins, Marcus Stroud Mold. I think he will add a huge presence on the line and not allow QB's to constantly step up in the pocket.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Well most of the players i would really want at #28 aren't going to be around. However, 2 players who appear to have a decent shot at being around at #28 are CB Xavier Rhodes and DT Jonathan Hankins.

I like Rhodes, he's a gifted player, but there still seems to be some debate on where he ends up. Some have him as a top 20 pick while others believe he's a late 1st/2nd rounder. If he were available he would be a great pick. He'll be an upgrade day 1 while also possessing a large of amount of potential at the position.

As the draft process has started to play out Hankins has continued to slip. I read from either Daniel Jeremiah or Russ Lande, that based off of talking to scouts Hankins appears to be a late 1st/2nd round type of guy. Hankins isn't going to offer a lot as a rusher, but i think he has the makings of an elite run defender and not only because he is big and will just clog up lanes in the middle. I've found Hankins to do a great job at working down the LOS and eliminating cut back lanes making him capable of making an impact outside the tackles.

Im in agreement 100% germ.

I actually have Hankins as my #4 DT (behind Floyd, Richardson and Lotuleili) and ranked him #27 on my big board. As for Rhodes, hes definitely an intriguing player but not one Im comfortable with at #28, yet.

Whats your thoughts on Sylvester Williams?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you like Hankins, you would have to like John Jenkins, who to me is more of a Kris Jenkins type than anyone.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I think if you like Hankins, you would have to like John Jenkins, who to me is more of a Kris Jenkins type than anyone.

I do like Jenkins. The only thing that worries me a bit is his motor and his endurance. However, I would not be upset at all if he was drafted at28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

I think that's going way too far. Kris Jenkins was an amazing athlete coming out who was a legit pass rusher and when he was healthy in the NFL he was utterly dominant. Maybe you mean more like Kris Jenkins with the Jets but even there I have my doubts that John Jenkins should be so highly regarded.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: