Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who do u want at #28?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brncos4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Who do u want at #28? Reply with quote

who do u guys want at #28? a guy thats gonna actually be there..someone like star or shariff wont be, but would love either, but who u want..
im not sure who i would like to see, but best CB or DT would be my pick..
I will feed off what u guys think, name top 3 guys for 28
LW33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Warford, Robert Woods, Matt Elam in that order..
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we get a CB at 28 his name had better be Darrelle Revis. There's no other guy who is capable of supplanting Chris Harris from his starting job.

I have a bunch of guys I like at 28.

I'll list three off the top of my head, but Idek if these guys are my top choices. Just happen to be on the top of my head.

Tavon Austin - Great offenses are increasingly having all over the place weapons like Austin.

Menelik Watson - I would like to get more athletic/better along the line. Watson has huge upside, feet/athleticism of a left tackle. Having him outside there'd be some growing pains, but eventually our line would be a lot better at RT and RG.

Larry Warford - Improves our interior. But Franklins heavy feet will remain outside, which is mildly concerning.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At each position I would want the following

QB: No one
RB: No one
WR: Tavon Austin, Keenan Allen
TE: No one
OT: Manelik Watson
OG: Larry Warford

DE: No one that I can think of
DT: Kawann Short, Sylvester Williams, John Jenkins
MLB: Minter
CB: Xavier Rhodes
S: Matt Elam

This is subject to change

Thanks, Tzimisce
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first choice and the one that I believe would help us BY FAR the most, would be to trade #28 as the centerpiece of a deal for Darrelle Revis.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 2 months before the draft, here are 3 players I'd target for #28:
Johnathan Jenkins - huge DT to plug the middle
Jonathan Cooper - skilled OG
Larry Warford - big OG

Actually, I think the odds are higher than 50% that the Broncos trade their #28 pick.
Mile High

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
My first choice and the one that I believe would help us BY FAR the most, would be to trade #28 as the centerpiece of a deal for Darrelle Revis.

Curious say the Jets say that isn't enough. What is the most GM AAA give up for Revis?

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Cooper OG
Larry Warford OG

I think that one of these guys may be avaliable at #28, and I think both are going to be pro bowl caliber OG's from the get-go. Cut Kuper and his 4.5M salary and use that cash in FA on a DT like Randy Starks.

If both of the above guys are gone I would elect to auction #28 to one of the QB hungry teams in the top 2nd round. A team will definatley be willing to deal their 2nd and 4th to ensure they get the QB of their choosing.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Curious say the Jets say that isn't enough. What is the most GM AAA give up for Revis?

I think the trade I had in my mock is very similar to one that would eventually get done.

#28 + a 2014 3rd rounder that becomes a 2nd rounder if Denver wins in the Super Bowl in the 2013 season.

Given that the Jets won't be able to re-sign Revis after the 2013 season, they will likely have to take below-market value to get something for him now rather than watch him walk in a year and get nothing.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I have to agree here, even though I don't want to. I don't believe that CB is one of our major positions of need right now. But the fact is that at #28, all of the best players at our positions of need will be gone. The remaining players really aren't first round talents, and Revis is one of the best in the game. If we were picking somewhere in the top 10-15, I'd say hell no. But Revis is EASILY the best player we can pick up at 28. As long as NY doesn't want our entire draft for him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I may be warming(mildly)to the idea of trading for Revis, I just don't think the Broncos will be willing to come up with the fire power it takes to get him here.
This is a player that any team would love to have, so there will be multiple teams putting deals together.
Two teams I think could be heavily involved, and in a better position than the Broncos, are the 49ers, and the Bucs.
49ers can package Alex Smith with picks(don't fool yourself that the Jets wouldn't take a long hard look at it for obvious reasons) and the Bucs have a higher #1pick, a mountain of cap space, and the worst secondary in the league. I could be wrong, but the Jets need all they can get, and I just don't see Elway willing to give what it may take to get him here.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copeland wrote:
While I may be warming(mildly)to the idea of trading for Revis, I just don't think the Broncos will be willing to come up with the fire power it takes to get him here.
This is a player that any team would love to have, so there will be multiple teams putting deals together.
Two teams I think could be heavily involved, and in a better position than the Broncos, are the 49ers, and the Bucs.
49ers can package Alex Smith with picks(don't fool yourself that the Jets wouldn't take a long hard look at it for obvious reasons) and the Bucs have a higher #1pick, a mountain of cap space, and the worst secondary in the league. I could be wrong, but the Jets need all they can get, and I just don't see Elway willing to give what it may take to get him here.

Good post, I agree. Quick question, does anyone think that Revis would have made the difference between our 1 and out and a SB winner?
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed my opinion on a few 1st round prospects for us so the list - if we don't trade for Derrelle Revis - is as follows:

1. Jonathan Cooper (luxury pick): If we keep Franklin outside.
2. Arthur Brown (need pick): Best MLB in the draft, and the overall lack of quality of the class should not drag his stock down. He's good regardless.
3. Tavon Austin (instant impact pick): Value this, value that, I have seen enough: Game-changer.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Tavon Austin
2. Ziggy Ansah (have to trade up)
3. Margus Hunt
4. Barkevious Mingo
5. Da'Rick Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Im with you AAA, didnt even think of that, and just heard today from jasoncoleyahoo, "make no mistake, Jets are shopping revis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: