Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can we please trade down...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raiders006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier said than done, dude!!!!
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Darkness wrote:
If we can trade down, then so could the Chiefs and Jaguars. Hopefully it happens, but we're not anymore likely then those 2 teams.

Maybe, but maybe not. Those teams really are not at the point where they can bluff as much interest in a QB as we can. The only reason to trade up to KC is to block Jax from Smith, and the only reason to trade with Jax is to grab Smith before us. However, after us there is a run of teams who may have a genuine QB interest for varying reasons. We're as well off in that regard as we could be, that's all I'm saying.

For all we know Jax sent out the rumor that we like Smith...

Another reason to trade with KC or Jax would be if they agreed to trade down for less value. No one sticks to the chart like it's the law. If one of those two teams wants to trade out, and they'll do it for cheaper than we will, we lose.

Totally true. But when's the last time a cheap trade out from a high slot happened? Never. So I would say it is unlikely.

When's the last time a draft had such a lack of talent at the top with great depth later?

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
badmoon8081

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe a trade down is very possible now that the Bills released Fitz and are looking to draft Geno Smith. If Reggie can play the game and convince the league we have a serious interest in Geno, than I could see the Bills trying to trade up to our 3rd spot from 8. Not that far of a jump still being in the top 10 and if any team ever reaches in a draft, it's for the so called "franchise QB." I'd love to slide down to 8 and pickup an extra say 2nd round pick since we don't have a 2nd this year. I'd love to grab guard "Chance Warmack" at #8 and hopefully add tackle "Andre Smith" in free agency. Those two are power run blocking beasts. Solidify the O-Line for years to come Reggie!!!! That's basically what the 49ers did a few years ago using two 1st round picks on a guard and tackle the same year.
raiders707

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with trade value and this being a deep class with
Defense and there not being "blue chip collar players" were in a good spot for anyone to trade up that would want Geno Smith or someone else that does not get drafted.

We have a lot of needs CB LB OL DT DE FS for sure with ** maybes on taking WR and QB as high as 3rd or even 1st round

Now i think there will be a option to trade down two 1st rounds would be awesome idea we could maybe draft 2 guys ready to plug n play day 1 thing is it get crazy with FA we will get pieces here and there to finally make our needs smaller come draft day, Im hoping we can sign FA that will be a starter for CB and OL and also theres the talk about cutting or trading somehowe Ro and Kelly more cap money but again more needs.

Reggie has his hands full, if the right trades come where we can come up 3 picks some how id do it.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade down, pick up a 2nd and grab Lane Johnson, Richardson/Floyd or Jarvis Jones.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
ch8878

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Trade down, pick up a 2nd and grab Lane Johnson, Richardson/Floyd or Jarvis Jones.

Who knows now that the Lions and Cards need LT the Raiders might be able to trade back twice. Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two trade downs and picking up even more picks would be preferable. We have such a big need at CB and there are so many prospects, the more 2nd day picks we have the better.

Raider X hooked me with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: