Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Can we please trade down...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Some NFL organization will fall in love with someone. Happens every year.

Bingo, I think it will be easier then people think.

Also now that top 5 picks are allot cheaper then years past teams don't have to pay these guys top dollar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the Chiefs look like they will take either Joekal or Fisher we could have trade opportunities for Geno or wichever OT the Chiefs dont take.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

Falling in love and trading into the top 5 are two different stories. No one traded to the top 5 in 2011, 10, 08, 07, 06 <- stopped going back further here.
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ecstatic if the niners traded us their first and two seconds (or #34 and next years second even) to trade up and get Milliner. Add in there another midround pick or slew of picks the niners have this year. Trade value isn't there for us, but they get a deal and we get more picks.....If only it could happen in real life Laughing

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Falling in love and trading into the top 5 are two different stories. No one traded to the top 5 in 2011, 10, 08, 07, 06 <- stopped going back further here.

You are not accounting for the new CBA, Sir, which is anticipated to facilitate many more trades evidenced by 2012. This isn't conjecture by me it's what evaluators are expecting. In 2011 it was fresh and GMs were figuring it out. If teams have a need and the perfect player for them is on deck they are more likely to package multiple picks together to acquire his rights.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

You are not accounting for the new CBA, Sir, which is anticipated to facilitate many more trades evidenced by 2012. This isn't conjecture by me it's what evaluators are expecting. In 2011 it was fresh and GMs were figuring it out. If teams have a need and the perfect player for them is on deck they are more likely to package multiple picks together to acquire his rights.

One year isn't evidence though. Jets traded up for Sanchez despite the lack of a rookie salary gap. Things won't change much, teams will trade up for a player they want too. Problem is there is not a player like that in this draft. Most of the trades also involved little moving which meant less picks. 49ers having a large number of picks is potential route though.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I'd be ecstatic if the niners traded us their first and two seconds (or #34 and next years second even) to trade up and get Milliner. Add in there another midround pick or slew of picks the niners have this year. Trade value isn't there for us, but they get a deal and we get more picks.....If only it could happen in real life Laughing
Not out of the relm of possibility, PHI is a threat to take Milliner so SF would want to jump them.
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

No, but the Vikings moved from 3rd to 4th by trading with the Browns in last years draft.

If the Eagles and Lions both want Dee Milliner because the Lions need a CB and the Eagles lose both of there CB's it could possibly happen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Also now that top 5 picks are allot cheaper then years past teams don't have to pay these guys top dollar.

No. You hope it will be.

It's going to be next to impossible to trade down in this draft. There isn't a lot to 'fall in love' with.

Most rumblings say there isn't much of a difference from the number 1 player to the number 25 player in this class. If that is the case and teams are grading players out similar, they won't trade up for a player they grade equally as another.

Remember this when everyone is crying because Oakland should have traded down. There are not a lot of options there to do it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

The fact that they know they have a TON of picks should benefit someone and I just hope it's us. I would almost guarantee they'll be movers on draft day. It's not too easy to say that but I just can't see them sitting still w/ all those picks haha. Why not us? Milner is someone they need and they can still get rid of a lot and have a lot.

.......... But you're right, only if it were to happen in real life haha.

PM sig requests.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:

Any situation in which we have the possibility of walking away with multiple starters instead of just one sounds great. At this point from what I've heard with the 49ers having mass amounts of picks this is certainly a possibility. We'll see what kind of magic RM can work on draft day if any.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
mhuff24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
mhuff24 wrote:
call me crazy but i have a feeling, and yes its only a feeling, that buffalo is going to swap firsts with us so they can be sure to draft geno smith. i read somewhere that their gm has said they are going to draft a franchise quaterback this year. i think we will be able to bluff enough to force them to trade with us, as theyll be afraid that we will take him, and if we dont philly and arizona are still realistic options to take him.

as i said its only just a feeling but when we're all on the edges of our seats on draftday anxious to see who we will pick i predict we'll see the raiders logos in the background turn to bills logos and we will hear the words "there has been a trade" come out of the commish's mouth

I will smile like O.J. when he heard the word "Not guilty" if this happens.

The top of this draft is a hot mess. Any extra picks we can acquire to hedge against whoever we end up taking in Rd1 will be greatly appreciated.

Though, I still think KC or the Jags will be the team that trades out, assuming anyone actually comes calling to trade up.

im telling you man, chiefs go smith and we got "interest" in geno

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith

let the bluffin begin
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mhuff24 wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
mhuff24 wrote:
call me crazy but i have a feeling, and yes its only a feeling, that buffalo is going to swap firsts with us so they can be sure to draft geno smith. i read somewhere that their gm has said they are going to draft a franchise quaterback this year. i think we will be able to bluff enough to force them to trade with us, as theyll be afraid that we will take him, and if we dont philly and arizona are still realistic options to take him.

as i said its only just a feeling but when we're all on the edges of our seats on draftday anxious to see who we will pick i predict we'll see the raiders logos in the background turn to bills logos and we will hear the words "there has been a trade" come out of the commish's mouth

I will smile like O.J. when he heard the word "Not guilty" if this happens.

The top of this draft is a hot mess. Any extra picks we can acquire to hedge against whoever we end up taking in Rd1 will be greatly appreciated.

Though, I still think KC or the Jags will be the team that trades out, assuming anyone actually comes calling to trade up.

im telling you man, chiefs go smith and we got "interest" in geno

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith

let the bluffin begin

this. Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can trade down, then so could the Chiefs and Jaguars. Hopefully it happens, but we're not anymore likely then those 2 teams.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

No. You hope it will be.

It's going to be next to impossible to trade down in this draft. There isn't a lot to 'fall in love' with.

Most rumblings say there isn't much of a difference from the number 1 player to the number 25 player in this class. If that is the case and teams are grading players out similar, they won't trade up for a player they grade equally as another.

Remember this when everyone is crying because Oakland should have traded down. There are not a lot of options there to do it.

Who's negative Nancy now? Although the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor because the Raiders more than likely will find a prospect that they like enough to draft at #3 but if not it may not be as hard as you think to trade down.

Per the new CBA there are teams that need to spend money to get over the salary floor. (Colts, Browns, Bengals, Dolphins) Teams like MIA & CINCY have tons of picks. Draft picks reduce payroll because rookies are far cheaper than veterans. Moving up in the draft is a way to not only get the player you want but an opportunity to exchange cheap draft picks for more expensive ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: