Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots to place QB Ryan Mallett on trade block
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/327456807259869185

FWIW, Ian Rapoport was just on NFL Network saying he's heard the Browns are happy with Weeden and he doesn't think Mallett is going to end up in Cleveland.

What's with Rapport? he just tweeted that tweet by Jeff and said "Yep", as in he heard the same thing... wtf?
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/327456807259869185

FWIW, Ian Rapoport was just on NFL Network saying he's heard the Browns are happy with Weeden and he doesn't think Mallett is going to end up in Cleveland.

What's with Rapport? he just tweeted that tweet by Jeff and said "Yep", as in he heard the same thing... wtf?

Maybe he thinks both are possible. That the Browns are interested but ultimately don't want to give up what they'd have to to get Mallett.

Honestly, with the rumors of the Browns giving up mid round picks for Bess and other rumors of them moving up (costing them picks) to the #3 spot, I don't see any way they could have the needed ammo to acquire Mallett. They would have to trade down from #6, pick up a 2nd rounder and then ship that to New England.

Maybe Belichick would take a 2014 2nd rounder along with a 2013 mid rounder (say a 4th).
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Could very well be leveraging by Cleveland. If it leaked that they hate Weeden and desperately want to move on, it would really make it hard for them to get a good deal for Mallett.

And yes, I think 2013 3rd and 2014 2nd is the most likely trade if something happens.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Could very well be leveraging by Cleveland. If it leaked that they hate Weeden and desperately want to move on, it would really make it hard for them to get a good deal for Mallett.

And yes, I think 2013 3rd and 2014 2nd is the most likely trade if something happens.

I absolutely love that deal. Any way we could get Weeden in return as a solid back up?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/realfreemancbs/status/327467384506028034

Quote:
mike freeman
‏@realfreemancbs
Source on team that inquired Pats about Ryan Mallett: "He'd be first overall pick in this draft. He's had two years in Pats system."

LOMBARDIIIIII

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
https://twitter.com/realfreemancbs/status/327467384506028034

Quote:
mike freeman
‏@realfreemancbs
Source on team that inquired Pats about Ryan Mallett: "He'd be first overall pick in this draft. He's had two years in Pats system."

LOMBARDIIIIII

PICK 6, PICK 6, PICK 6

GIVE US 6TH OVERALL

DO IT LOMBARDI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs 7m

Source adds that Patriots don't seem serious in any way about trading him.

https://twitter.com/realfreemancbs
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Quote:
mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs 7m

Source adds that Patriots don't seem serious in any way about trading him.

https://twitter.com/realfreemancbs

Quote:
Unless... its for a 2nd RT @realfreemancbs Source adds that Patriots don't seem serious in any way about trading him.

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/327473340044419073
Tom Brady Tribute
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way the Browns are happy with Weeden. Total smokescreen BS. That doesn't mean they'll trade for Mallett, but there's no way the previous regime's 29 year old sophomore QB is going to be in favor with a whole new front office.
_Oypus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's just no way this stuff about 1st and 2nd round picks is true. Sure, the guy might be better than any of this year's QBs, but trading a 1st round pick for someone who's done...what, exactly?

I'll believe it when I see it. Which would make me very happy, but still. I doubt it.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Oypus wrote:
There's just no way this stuff about 1st and 2nd round picks is true. Sure, the guy might be better than any of this year's QBs, but trading a 1st round pick for someone who's done...what, exactly?
as opposed to all those oh-so-accomplished rookies they'd otherwise be using those picks on?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
_Oypus wrote:
as opposed to all those oh-so-accomplished rookies they'd otherwise be using those picks on?

That's the part I don't get. Rookies are just as unaccomplished, and they haven't had two years under Brady and Belichick. If I was a GM, I'd at least consider it if I thought I could get him for the right price.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
_Oypus wrote:

That's the part I don't get. Rookies are just as unaccomplished, and they haven't had two years under Brady and Belichick. If I was a GM, I'd at least consider it if I thought I could get him for the right price.
Don't get me wrong, I've never liked Mallett and I think any team that would trade a high pick for him is a sucker. But this aversion to trading picks for players - even unproven ones - has always baffled me.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
_Oypus wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I've never liked Mallett and I think any team that would trade a high pick for him is a sucker. But this aversion to trading picks for players - even unproven ones - has always baffled me.

The thing is, with a guy like Mallett, whose talent would have landed him in the first round ordinarily, you'd draft him without the assurance that he could make it through the NFL season without imploding in some way. By trading for him now, you get him at a cheaper price, and you've already had one big question answered. It's bizarre that people think that a player like Mallett has no value.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
_Oypus wrote:

The thing is, with a guy like Mallett, whose talent would have landed him in the first round ordinarily, you'd draft him without the assurance that he could make it through the NFL season without imploding in some way. By trading for him now, you get him at a cheaper price, and you've already had one big question answered. It's bizarre that people think that a player like Mallett has no value.

My thoughts exactly. If Mallet is better than the best QB in this rookie class, then you trade the pick you are willing to use on that "best" rookie QB for Mallet. Its not rocket science.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: