Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marquise Goodwin -WR- Texas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derekfelty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Marquise Goodwin -WR- Texas Reply with quote

I really like this guy from Texas! A wideout that has speed! 4:25 Is super Fast! You know how Bud Adams, is about Texas. Maybe he could be the next #84 on the team. Draft this guy in the second round if his up. Then TRADE, or RELEASE, Kenny Britt. Goodwin, can do everything Chris Johnson can do. There both crazy fast and can catch.
Ryback

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Marquise Goodwin -WR- Texas Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
I really like this guy from Texas! A wideout that has speed! 4:25 Is super Fast! You know how Bud Adams, is about Texas. Maybe he could be the next #84 on the team. Draft this guy in the second round if his up. Then TRADE, or RELEASE, Kenny Britt. Goodwin, can do everything Chris Johnson can do. There both crazy fast and can catch.

Dont get me wrong I like Goodwin. But. he is more of a track player playing football than anything. His movement and footwork is stiff. Route running is mediocre. He could become a good player but he could be a bust.

R.I.P. Al Davis but, I dont want to draft a person only because he is super fast.

Last edited by Ryback on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
justing101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take him in the 7th lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Marquise Goodwin -WR- Texas Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:

Al is that you?

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7th really? 4th. Higher if we didn't have Wright. He looked good at the senior bowl.

I bet he goes 3rd or higher.
Ryback

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
7th really? 4th. Higher if we didn't have Wright. He looked good at the senior bowl.

Id give a couple tacos for him. But, IDK Tacos are delicious
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

He is just a track star really. Id like to have him but then we would need the coaches to develop him and we don't have that. And the senior bowl isn't all that matters or a 40.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, why can't he be a good football player for us. We got a new WR coach. It could not hurt to give him a shot. He could turn out pretty decent then we think. No one really knows how his gonna turn out. So you can't really say his a bust or not. Look at half of the guys that came out of college, and y'all though they were gonna be a bust. But turned out pretty decent. Chris Johnson, came from a small school and did great for us. Johnson, has that speed that most RB's don't have. Goodwin, could be a target for us. The next Deshawn Jackson!
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derekfelty wrote:
Come on guys, why can't he be a good football player for us. We got a new WR coach. It could not hurt to give him a shot. He could turn out pretty decent then we think. No one really knows how his gonna turn out. So you can't really say his a bust or not. Look at half of the guys that came out of college, and y'all though they were gonna be a bust. But turned out pretty decent. Chris Johnson, came from a small school and did great for us. Johnson, has that speed that most RB's don't have. Goodwin, could be a target for us. The next Deshawn Jackson!

Jackson was a much more refined RECEIVER coming out of college than Goodwin (although Goodwin could've been the victim of atrocious QB play) and that's saying a lot about Goodwin.

Not to be mean but a serious question here, have you watched Goodwin play at all or are you just looking at his combine stats? The last guy we took a flier on because of a ridiculous combine performance was Chris Henry and he is freaking terrible. Watch Goodwin play. He could be great, you're right, but his risk/reward quotient for a team that really can't afford many early round misses right now is way too high IMO.

WR is kind of a position of need but certainly not our biggest one. If the right player is there or if Goodwin is here for the right value then sure, take him, but I think the issue people are taking with your idea is how high you want to take him.

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

He is just a track star really. Id like to have him but then we would need the coaches to develop him and we don't have that. And the senior bowl isn't all that matters or a 40.

40 yard dash isn't important, but the senior bowl definitely is. Ask Von Miller.

And it's not all that matters. I'm talking 4th round pick here. Not like I'm saying he is the top WR now.

Last edited by TitanSS on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

40 yard dash isn't important, but the senior bowl definitely is. Ask Von Miller.

I'll take their college career over the senior bowl.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Then you may very well miss out on someone who was underutilized and while he isn't a #1 WR, he has a definite role on an NFL team. He has weaknesses, no doubt, but if you take advantage of his strengths you could make things a lot easier underneath.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Then you may very well miss out on someone who was underutilized and while he isn't a #1 WR, he has a definite role on an NFL team. He has weaknesses, no doubt, but if you take advantage of his strengths you could make things a lot easier underneath.

Thats why I would be happy to take him with a 6th or 7th round pick lol

We have too many needs to take a chance with our 4th on him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

4th rounders are not guaranteed starters anyway. Generally people who could possibly start eventually but have value in other areas like special teams. There is literally no risk involved.

He wont be there in the 4th round when we pick anyway. Possibly not when we pick in the third.
justing101

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

4th rounders are not guaranteed starters anyway. Generally people who could possibly start eventually but have value in other areas like special teams. There is literally no risk involved.

He wont be there in the 4th round when we pick anyway. Possibly not when we pick in the third.

Good then lol we wont have to worry about drafting him too high.

Let the Raiders get him and let history continue to repeat itself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: