Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

first mock ever and I did trades and free agents (be kind)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
echlgladiator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: first mock ever and I did trades and free agents (be kind) Reply with quote

This is the first mock Iíve ever posted on this site so be kind. Iím always looking for constructive criticism. In trying to be realistic I made quite a few trades, but without an elite QB to trade up for, the value isnít there (in my opinion).

Pre draft trades
1. Kansas City trades 3rd round to San Fransisco for Alex Smith
2. Detroit trades 1st round and conditional 2014 pick to the New York Jets for Darrelle Revis

Some Free Agent signings
1. Greg Jennings (WR) signs with Cin 2. Mike Wallace (WR) signs with Jac
3. Reggie Bush (RB) signs with Atl 4. Wes Welker (WR) signs in Cle
5. Dustin Keller (TE) signs with the St.L 6. Jake Long (OT) signs with Pit
7. Cliff Avril (DE) signs with Buf 8. Richard Seymour (DL)signs with N.O.
9. Anthony Spencer (OLB) signs with Ari 10. Carey Williams (CB) signs with Car
11. Aqib Talib (CB) signs with KC 12. Kenny Phillips (S) signs with Ten

[[b]b]The Draft[/b] [/b]
***Trade KC trades round 1 to St Louis for rounds 1 (16) 2 and 4
1. St. Louis - Luke Joeckel OT - St Louis gets it blind side protection for Bradford
2. Jacksonville - Bjoern Werner PR - Jacksonville selects an instate pass rusher to help put pressure on opposing Qbs
3. Oakland - Sharrif Floyd DT - I had Star Lotulelei here until his heart problem
***Trade - Philadelphia trades round 1 to Buffalo for Rounds 1-3-4
4. Buffalo - Geno Smith QB - Buffalo trades up to get in front of both New York and Arizona to get the best QB of the draft
5 New York Jets - Jarvis Jones OLB - Rex Ryan gets an outstanding Pass Rusher to help him keep his job.
*** Trade Cleveland trades round 1 to San Diego for Rounds 1-3-5
6. San Diego - Eric Fisher OT - San Diego trades up to get the O-lineman they want before Arizona can pick him.
7. Arizona - Lane Johnson OT - The Cardinals need O line help and settle for the 3rd best tackle.
8. Philadelphia - Dee Milliner CB - Philly trades back and still gets the best CB in the draft
*** Trade New York Jets trade round 1 to Dallas for Round 1-3-5
9. Dallas - Chance Womack OG - Dallas needs help on the interior and Womack reminds them of Newton, Allen & Gurode
10. Tennessee - Sheldon Richardson DT - Richardson is drafted to help shore up a pourious run defense
11. Cleveland - Damontre Moore PR - Cleveland canít believe heís still available and they get the pass rusher they need
12. Miami - Cordarelle Patterson WR - Miami gets a weapon for Tannehill to help him progress
13. Tampa Bay - Johnathan Banks CB - Tampa needs help with their DBs and Banks is the best fit
14. Carolina - Star Lotulelei DT - If his heart is OK Carolina just got itís best D-Line since Kris Jenkins
15 New Orleans - Barkivious Mingo PR - New Orleans runs to the podium with this pick. Mingo will do for them what Ricky Jackson and Pat Swillings used to do in the 90ís
16 - Kansas City - Kenny Vaccaro S - Adding Talib and Vaccaro takes there secondary from a weakness at a strength
*** Trade Pittsburg trades round 1 to Atlanta for round 1,3&5
17. Atlanta - Ezekiel Ansah DE - Atlanta make this trade because they need to get pass rushing help for Abraham and they resign Gonzalez for 1 more year
18. New York Jets - Jonathan Cooper OG - Possibly losing both starting OG to Free Agency and Ryanís need to Ground and Pound make this an obvious choice
19. New York Giants - Alec Ogletree LB - Ogletree can play any linebacker position and cover the run sideline to sideline while rushing the passer
20. Chicago - Manti Teo ILB - Chicago gets a replacement for Urlacher who will be around for another season or two to help teach him
21.Cincinnati - Dion Jordan PR - Cincinnati uses this pick to help their pass rush and replace Lawsonís free agency departure.
22. St Louis - Kennan Allen WR - Getting Bradford both weapons and protection are the keys to keeping this team heading in the right direction.
23. Minnesota - Johnathan Hankins DT - Minnesota finished in the bottom half of the league in Defensive yards and Williams isnít getting any younger.
24. Indianapolis - D.J. Fluker OT - Giving Luck time and a running game will help develop the young QB
***Trade Seattle round 1 to Arizona for rounds 2 & 1st in 2014
25. Arizona - Mike Glennon QB - Arizona trade up to take its QB of the future. I wanted to put Barkley here but ARZ has already been burned by a USC QB
26. Green Bay - Tyler Eifert TE - Green Bay wants to release underachieving Finley and get a beast in Eifert
27. Houston - Tevon Austin WR - Houstons biggest need is to get another weapon across from Andre Johnson
28. Denver - Xavier Rhodes CB - Their Dbs including Bailey were torched in the playoff so let that units rebuild begin
29. New England - Desmond Trufant CB - This unit needed help before they lost Talib. Even with Trufant theyíre going to be in more than one shoot out next year.
30. Pittsburg - Eddie Lacy RB - Turned in a monster performance in the NCAA championship game, which seems to fit the Steelers mold
31. San Francisco - DeAndre Hopkins WR - The Randy Moss experience was unfulfilling and the 49ers go in a different direction
32. Baltimore - Kevin Minter ILB - Ray Lewsís replacement and the next linebacker star in Baltimore.

[size=18][/size]
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Bears pick
green24

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why the Jets would trade up for a guy with spinal stenosis. I think Jones might make it out of the first round.

Edit: Didn't realize this was a trade for Revis. I don't want to trade Revis, but that is very good value. I would rather use the pick on a different player.

Last edited by green24 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is interesting with the trade for Revis, it just can't happen. We'd have 70%+ of our cap tied up in 4 players, and we just can't afford that. Also, Revis isn't really worth a top 5 pick, especially in our scheme where we don't need a lockdown CB.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Dallas trades up. If anything we trade back. Cowboys need alot of help and a guard is not worth giving up 2 other players. Boys are in cap hell so the draft is only place we can restock talent this yr and trading all our picks away would hurt more than help. Not to mention Jonathan Cooper is just as good as Warmack and has a decent chance of making it to us at 18. If not there is good depth at guard in the 2nd-3rd rounds as well.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Bengals pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL trading up...yeah, why not, looks like Answah is worth it after the performance he put on at the combine. TE are a dime a dozen in free agency, we can get a serviceable one there.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can deal with that.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theindianstud12 wrote:
Great Bears pick

Did you see Teo in the drills today at the combine? Slow 40 time, not fluid in Drills. No thank you.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- 25 Yards- 297 TDs- 5 Tgts- 46
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I greatly dislike adding a DT, who will only play roughly 1/3 of the snaps. The vikings rotate there defensive line often, so it just doesnt seem like a good value pick.

Give MN Arthur Brown, a 3 down MLB.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the team with the 3rd most in cap space gets no top FAs??

Love the Miami pick though

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big NO to Reggie Bush. Do not want him on the Falcons.

Ansah would be awesome, and the trade up isn't that bad, especially since in your scenario, we're not spending picks on RB and TE.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to the first Cards pick. Give them Warmack. Rest looks pretty good

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Oakland - Sharrif Floyd DT - I had Star Lotulelei here until his heart problem

Warming to him, though I'd much rather have an edge rusher. Shame they all have warts.
echlgladiator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SOCalBearsFan54"][quote="theindianstud12"]Great Bears pick[/quote]

Did you see Teo in the drills today at the combine? Slow 40 time, not fluid in Drills. No thank you.[/quote]

Sorry I posted it before I saw how horrible Teo was. In this case I'd probably go for Minter here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: