Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The please don't let us draft him thread!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I think he's good, I don't think he's special. In otherwords, I wouldn't spend a first rounder on him. Same as I wouldn't spend a first rounder on AJ Hawk, Curtis Lofton, or Rey Mauluaga.

I wouldnt spend on first on either of those guys, theyre trash.

Laurinaitis is so much better than those players. Hes a top-10 MLB in the NFL, right now, and only getting better.

Also, LOL at the people who say/said Arthur Brown is a 3-down MLB and Manti Te'o is not. You are literally clueless.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
I think he's good, I don't think he's special. In otherwords, I wouldn't spend a first rounder on him. Same as I wouldn't spend a first rounder on AJ Hawk, Curtis Lofton, or Rey Mauluaga.

Laurinaitis is so much better than those players. Hes a top-10 MLB in the NFL, right now, and only getting better.

Also, LOL at the people who say/said Arthur Brown is a 3-down MLB and Manti Te'o is not. You are literally clueless.

Clues? Is there a treasure hunt I dont know about?

^This guy is our forum mod
broncospride95

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Quick question Jersey; does Manti's ability to get off of blocks concern you?

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenmidgetsatak wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Clues? Is there a treasure hunt I dont know about?
Is Lennay Kekua the treasure?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Quick question Jersey; does Manti's ability to get off of blocks concern you?

A little, yes. But not to the extreme as some here because I know that can be taught. Its not the biggest worry to me. My biggest worry is what team he will play on, that will determine his NFL success. He cant be like Luke Keuchly last year, where he would go to any team and have 120+ tackles. He needs to go to a team that has a good group of veteran leaders around them. He'll get made fun of for the hoax but they will be sure to get him to play better.

To me the most important qualities a MLB needs is football intelligence (check), sound tackling (check), good instincts (check), tough (check) and be more quick than fast (check). Hes got everything you cant teach in the NFL. All the other stuff, thats what the position and S&C coaches are for.

To me, the game film shows what type of player he is and its not just the game against Alabama, for those that are rating him based on one game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be opposed to drafting Manti either. He was a surefire top 10 pick before the Kekua bs and the slow 40 which everyone knew would happen. He's not a freak athlete.

broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenmidgetsatak wrote:
I would not be opposed to drafting Manti either. He was a surefire top 10 pick before the Kekua bs and the slow 40 which everyone knew would happen. He's not a freak athlete.

He was only a surefire Top 10 pick when Mel Kiper (who sucks) pimped him out early on. Linebackers to begin with are rarely drafted that high.

Thanks, Tzimisce
whenmidgetsatak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
whenmidgetsatak wrote:

He was only a surefire Top 10 pick when Mel Kiper (who sucks) pimped him out early on. Linebackers to begin with are rarely drafted that high.

My whole thing with the NFL draft is that the guys that are freak athletes tend to underwhelm while guys that are more cerebral players tend to outperform.

Another thing, and this is a legitimate question, but how many 1st round MLB picks end up being busts? I could be completely wrong here, but I feel like this is a lower number than most all positions.

germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At #28 and trying to guess what players will be available, the only one i really don't want is Manti Teo, for various reasons.

There are obviously players i would prefer more than others, but at the end of the 1st there just isn't a player i am really excited about. I see most of them as either being niche, situational, or simply just above average players.

I know many seem to be against it, but if Denver doesn't trade up i wouldn't be opposed to trying to trade down. I just don't see there being good value in the late 1st at this point.

For example, Denver could draft Kawann Short at #28 and i know people like him. I wouldn't be disappointed with the pick, but i don't see a whole lot of difference between Short and a guy like Akeem Spence or Bennie Logan who could be had in the late 2nd or 3rd rounds. To be honest, i think both Spence/Logan have the potential to be better all around players than Short.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
At #28 and trying to guess what players will be available, the only one i really don't want is Manti Teo, for various reasons.

There are obviously players i would prefer more than others, but at the end of the 1st there just isn't a player i am really excited about. I see most of them as either being niche, situational, or simply just above average players.

I know many seem to be against it, but if Denver doesn't trade up i wouldn't be opposed to trying to trade down. I just don't see there being good value in the late 1st at this point.

For example, Denver could draft Kawann Short at #28 and i know people like him. I wouldn't be disappointed with the pick, but i don't see a whole lot of difference between Short and a guy like Akeem Spence or Bennie Logan who could be had in the late 2nd or 3rd rounds. To be honest, i think both Spence/Logan have the potential to be better all around players than Short.

I sort of agree, but Kawann Short will definitely be better than Bennie Logan or Akeem Spence. I don't much like Logan. I do like Spence, but Short can create much more havoc.

I doubt Denver trades back too far to be honest.

I really like Jonathan Cyprien. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at the end of Round 1.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that Elway just wants to talk to Te'o; maybe we are guys on the outside looking in, and perhaps Elway will feel comfortable drafting him. But why, when Arthur Brown is out there...no character flaws about him.

From what I have been reading Brown has a great football IQ, a high motor, and great leadership skills. Why not take that guy over Te'o where there is just too many questions.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I sort of agree, but Kawann Short will definitely be better than Bennie Logan or Akeem Spence. I don't much like Logan. I do like Spence, but Short can create much more havoc.

I really like Jonathan Cyprien. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at the end of Round 1.

WHAT!? In the 1st round! Like at #28? No way Jose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I've read things from quite a few people saying he's a first round talent.

Thanks, Tzimisce
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I'm really not a huge fan of Short's. From watching him he doesn't look like he is a very good athlete nor does he look all that strong holding ground in the running game. His strength is that he uses his hands well and uses a variety of moves as a pass rusher. However, to me he is a guy that has done just enough on the stat sheet to get recognition, but when you watch him play the majority of the time he isn't doing anything to get excited about (not unlike Elvis Dumervil in Denver in that regard).

IMO, both Spence/Logan are already better vs the run than Short, especially Spence, while both also possess the explosiveness to develop into disruptive players as well.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
germ-x wrote:

I've read things from quite a few people saying he's a first round talent.

Wow. Thats really interesting and disturbing. I dont see it. Hes a good player but not more than a mid-2 in my book.

I am starting to see a trend. This draft is so deep in the mid-1 to mid-2, that their could be 30 players that could sneak into the 1st round. Unlike anything Ive seen before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: