Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The please don't let us draft him thread!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
I'm only commenting on one thing about him - whether he likes attention - and whether you'll admit it, because its consensus. Don't think he likes the attention about the hoax, but he likes being on TV, and being a big time football player. He likes for people to know this, and seems to take any opportunity with the press. Guy likes being famous, I'm sorry, its true.

I didnt know you know him personally? Or are you just speculating with "reports" like me? But of course, Im wrong and your right. Cool story.

HIS TEAMMATES HAVE SAID HE WOULD SEE HIMSELF ON TV AND POINT TO HIMSELF, AND TELL EVERYONE IN THE ROOM "THATS ME, WATCH." What more proof do you need? Teammates have said, he's a little immature about that... but the guys who said that were probably jealous backups according to you --> excuse.

Why are you yelling? Calm down first of all.

Since you keep bringing it up, show me where his "teammate(S)" have said he would watch TV and point at himself. Ive never heard or read anything about it. Or is this one of your "reports" that are so much more refutable than mine..... Rolling Eyes

What I have seen is teammates that have defended his character HERE and HERE. The only articles Ive found the opposite is of the ONE unidentified player that says he knew all along about the hoax.

I really couldnt care less about this argument you have. Youre trying to change my opinion of the kid when thats not going to happen. I believe in the player and that he doesnt like the spotlight. You dont know him. I dont know him. Let it be and stop wasting your damn time.

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Eh Tebow's the most obvious example. But you also made excuses non-stop for Nick Fairley's behavior. I just think it seems that you get emotionally attached to players, and can have blinders when it comes to them.

Whoa whoa whoa... I never said one word about Fairleys behavior. Ever. I said he would be better than Marcel Dareus, which actually might be true.

lol, C'mon you repeatedly used the "people make mistakes" (i don't disagree) when lobbying that Fairley should be the #2 pick.

This is 100% false. What mistakes would I even have to defend? He had a clear resume elliot. It wasnt until NFL that he got caught with pot. In college he was just the regular player. You are simply making this up to defend your argument. The only thing I had to defend the entire time was that people said he wasnt good and Marcel Dareus was the total package. Oh yeah, Elway and Fox tried to trade up for Fairley and didnt draft Dareus. Whose wrong now? Not me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop talking about on field play. I loved Fairleys play but it was known pre-draft he was a character risk, and lazy. No denying that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Stop talking about on field play. I loved Fairleys play but it was known pre-draft he was a character risk, and lazy. No denying that.

So then comment you made below makes no sense then...
elliot878 wrote:
lol, C'mon you repeatedly used the "people make mistakes" (i don't disagree) when lobbying that Fairley should be the #2 pick.

Why would I defend a player with the phrase "people make mistakes" if he didnt make any mistakes pre draft and was just a character risk? Nobody would defend a character risk with "people make mistakes". Makes no sense dude. I admitted at the time he likely would come with baggage but will be a better player than Dareus. All have been proven true.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concernwith Te'o right now would have far less to do with "off field" stuff and more with physical qualities.

I think he's a hell of a ball player, but not the 6'2" 260 lb MLB we'd been expecting. Very pedestrian size, speed and strength. Almost identical to the two fella's Elway says will compete for the job this year.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22680518/nate-irving-steven-johnson-get-first-chance-be

I doubt seriously that any ILB will hear Denver call their name this year.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
My concernwith Te'o right now would have far less to do with "off field" stuff and more with physical qualities.

I think he's a hell of a ball player, but not the 6'2" 260 lb MLB we'd been expecting. Very pedestrian size, speed and strength. Almost identical to the two fella's Elway says will compete for the job this year.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22680518/nate-irving-steven-johnson-get-first-chance-be

I dont agree with this unless we go out and trade for someone or sign in FA. I think MLB will be addressed before the season and all indications are its going to be a veteran if Elway is serious about giving Nate and Steve a shot at the position.

Ive been saying it all year. Manti wont test well, thats not his thing. His best trait is his intelligence and instincts. Thats his bread maker. Hes not the Alec Ogletree-type of athlete. The one thing i love was that he showed hes able to withstand the NFL media in his presser.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I dont agree with this unless we go out and trade for someone or sign in FA. I think MLB will be addressed before the season and all indications are its going to be a veteran if Elway is serious about giving Nate and Steve a shot at the position.

Ive been saying it all year. Manti wont test well, thats not his thing. His best trait is his intelligence and instincts. Thats his bread maker. Hes not the Alec Ogletree-type of athlete. The one thing i love was that he showed hes able to withstand the NFL media in his presser.

Who cares if he can do all that? Honestly, I don't care if the guy is the media's favorite person ever. I want to know if he can fit in a nickel defense. I'm inclined to say no he can't.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Who cares if he can do all that? Honestly, I don't care if the guy is the media's favorite person ever. I want to know if he can fit in a nickel defense. I'm inclined to say no he can't.

Let me ask you... Do you think James Laurinitis is a good MLB?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't spend a 1st round pick on James Laurinaitis.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Let me ask you... Do you think James Laurinitis is a good MLB?

I think he's good, I don't think he's special. In otherwords, I wouldn't spend a first rounder on him. Same as I wouldn't spend a first rounder on AJ Hawk, Curtis Lofton, or Rey Mauluaga.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncospride95

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want Eddie Lacy in the first.

I think we'll choose one of the following in the first:
DT, CB, OL, and WR as a dark horse IMO.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

So then comment you made below makes no sense then...
elliot878 wrote:

Why would I defend a player with the phrase "people make mistakes" if he didnt make any mistakes pre draft and was just a character risk? Nobody would defend a character risk with "people make mistakes". Makes no sense dude. I admitted at the time he likely would come with baggage but will be a better player than Dareus. All have been proven true.

Im simply talking about your tendency to fall in love with certain guys and then make excuses for whatever their flaws may be that people try and point out to you.

Fairley had off the field issues pre-draft... Baggage, as you put it. I remember you making excuses for him to try and act like it was a non-issue. If it was a non-issue as you said, that guy wasnt falling outta the top 5.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS kind of stuff really scares me.

Bill Williamson wrote:
28. Denver Broncos: LB Manti Te'o: I know the Broncos are intrigued by Teo. If he is the top talent on the board, Denver very well might take him.

I will come out of my skin if we draft Te'o.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
THIS kind of stuff really scares me.

Bill Williamson wrote:
28. Denver Broncos: LB Manti Te'o: I know the Broncos are intrigued by Teo. If he is the top talent on the board, Denver very well might take him.

I will come out of my skin if we draft Te'o.

Ehh, all speculation. I will too though honestly. I really can't see us spending a first rounder on what is essentially a 2-down LB.

Thanks, Tzimisce
whenmidgetsatak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we like Irving a lot, and we've got DJ, Woodyard, and Von back there as well. I dont see us taking a LB in round one.

HOWEVER, if we do, I like Arthur Brown a lot. Think he is a three down type of MLB.

What we need are PLAYMAKERS. Ballhawking safeties and penetrating DTs and explosive runners and receivers.

^This guy is our forum mod
whenmidgetsatak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To echo what somebody said prior, even if we take a blind kid to play DT in the first, I will have to trust Elway, hes nailed things so far.

I really wanted Dareus over Miller, and didnt like the Derek Wolfe pick last year. So Im just gonna shut my mouth and enjoy.

^This guy is our forum mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: